Purolator Canada / bad service

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

We have sent a package including a passport by Purolator. They specifically said sending passports is ok, and it was declared on the envelope that it includes a passport.

PUROLATOR simply lost the package. From the tracking system it seems that it never went out of the town, yet they undertook no serious effort to find the package. The case that was opened 4 days ago simply got closed today by declaring our package as lost, i.e., they do not want to even look for it any more. The cost that was charged is $100, ten times higher than other comparable service providers.

Va

Comments

• Jm
      19th of Aug, 2008

Purolator is a very bad service provider. They lost my daughter's birth certificate. Tracking number said 'on truck for delivery'. But never got delivered. In the end, no apologies from them.

I am seeking to register a complaint against them and seek damages.

They are rank bad!

21st of Aug, 2008

I have come to the conclusion that Purolator Courier cant read and cant ship things properly. First they told us they couldnt read the label...meanwhile the label is very legible...then i was called a ### because I told the guy to learn to read because two other purolator females were able to read it.. thirdly it was a day late. and when it arrived they had taken off some of the red tape and opened the end and parts were missing..then resealed it back up with brown tape..And when you phone them, there attitude royally sucks..its like you did something wrong..not them.. please pass this around and dont use Purolator Service because they just dont care!!!

21st of Aug, 2008

Lets all band together and do a libel suit against these people because they just dont care what they lose, break, damage.

• Sh
      16th of Sep, 2008

Purolator totally sucks. My company used a second day delivery to send me an important letter. But they never showed up while I spent a whole day waiting. On the tracking system, it said I have to contact them to make appointment but there is no contact information. After spending half an hour calling different locations, I finally spoke to someone. But NOT A SINGLE APOLOGY! Only "yeah, yeah, they are busy packing and moving boxes to trucks and no one is there to answer the phone". He seemed to be very accustomed to the bad service his own company provides. And it turned out that I have to wait for two more days to get the letter. Then I don't have time to send back my response within the deadline!

This is my first experience dealing with Purolator and will never again!

• Na
      5th of Dec, 2008

I have had some problems with a delivery of package. I live in an apartment in which a buzzer is required for entry. The buzzer is automatically directed to my phone.

Anyway, I heard my phone ring just ONCE, and (presumably) the driver hung up. Then, I went downstairs (in less than 2 minutes) to try to catch the driver, but he was no where to be found - he dissappared already.

I called customer service 3 times. The first two agents were not very helpful. In particular, the second agent was very rude and blamed me, because obviously it can't be the driver's fault. This pissed me off more than the driver's imcompetence.

• Mi
      2nd of Feb, 2009

WTF is wrong with these idiots from Purolator? They actually think that I'm going to wait from 8am to 5 Pm for a mouse delivery? Oh wait...they told me to go to the shipping center which is located outside of town close to the airport. To get a cab there will probably cost me like 80$ return inclusive because these idiots from Purolator can't deliver my little mouse somewhere close to the city.
    The mouse cost me 40$ but to get that mouse I have to either waste an entire day because they don't have delivery times, or either buy a car or either spend 80$ to go outside of the town close to airport to pick it up by myself.
    The worse delivery system in Canada. I hope you guys will go bankrupt. Customer service sux. Delivery sux. Learn about customer relationship if you want to be able to survive in the delivery market. Last time I will deal with this ### company called: Purolator.

• La
      4th of Feb, 2009

Lately Purolator has been lying to its customers because they cut back on staff, so if you send a delivery to arrive for 9 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. and the driver isn't able to get there in time, they will put on a faulty attempted delivery time, this has happened with our company lately waiting on packages to arrive for 9 a.m., our offices are open at 8:15 a.m. and when calling Purolator the person on phone states a driver showed up and attempted delivery at 8:52 a.m. (lie), happened to another company who was open till 6 p.m. (normaly closes at 5 p.m.) but waiting on Purolator with payroll, by 6 they never showed up and when called told attempt delivery at 5:10 and business close (lie)

15th of Feb, 2009

This company is completely out of control. Not only does nobody care, they give you attitude to boot.

The have to fire everybody up top and start over, just blow the whole damn thing up.

• Be
      20th of Oct, 2009

This is the worst delivery company I have ever dealt with in my life. I will never use them again and have informed, friends, family and the like to boycott them until they make some real changes...like fire everyone and make an IQ test part of their interview process.

5th of Oct, 2010

Purolator delivered our parcel to the wrong address. Impossible to get them via phone to correct. Worst service in all of Canada. We now use UPS and have not had a single problem.

• Ia
      1st of Jun, 2011

I posted in another thread and I will post here again.

All of us were home at the time of delivery. All three vehicles are parked on the driveway. Doorbell works perfectly.

No Knock, no Doorbells, just a note saying how they've missed us and tell me to drive out and pick up the package.

Worst courier service by far. Don't know why Costco uses them.

• Kv
      12th of Jul, 2011

Bad Purolator!!! My mom answered the door, but the deliver guy didn't leave the item at my home. Left a ticket telling me to pick up the next day! Have to wait for one more day + a trip to their office! Service really sucks!

6th of Aug, 2011

They are absolute idiots and absolutely inconsistant.
    Now they are saying that they will not leave a delivery notice because someone "may" take the notice.
    So instead, they decide to ship it back to the vendor. ARGGGHHH!
    Somebody need to choke these idiots. How do they continue to be in business ?

• Da
      18th of Apr, 2012

A package was sent (paid for overnight) from southern BC to Northern Alberta. It stayed 50 miles from teh pick up for 2 1/2 days. Was then sent to the wrong city in Alberta. From there it came to the right city (Grande Prairie) and was promply misplaced by the depot there. After multiple phone calls we where told that it's on the wrong truck and could not be delivered that day. (Grande Prairie is about 1 1/2 miles wide, 15 minutes max) They would not allow us to pick it up because it's summer and they closed early. The next day they said they put it on the truck @ 10AM and would get to us sometinme in the afternoon.
    TOTAL 6 DAYS FOR AN OVERNIGHT PACKAGE (Cost us about $2000.00 in lost revenue) Purolator is bar none the worst courior in Canada with the poorest attitude. Will never use again

• Bu
      19th of Nov, 2012

This is a letter i am trying to send to hierarchy with PUROLATOR however can not get a link or ahold of anyone-----Anyone willing to forward this??

I have had a long standing account within your company. Issue relies on a recent courier request in which i personally called in for a pickup to have a unit couriered to another location within Canada.
    Upon making the necessary calls between your courier service and another company, i was advised via Telephone agent (Customer service) that i had a set dollar amount in which it would cost to deliver the goods from my location to my other establishment as with the opposing company.
    I was stated for the size, weight (Dimensions) of the products it would be no more than $200 to have the units transported and delivered whereas the opposing company gave me a quote of $250. This is why i was adamant i should go through PUROLATOR versus the other company.
    The units i was sending retailed at no more than a $100 per unit which i figured this was reasonable to have couriered - 3 months later, i received a statement from your Accounting office stating a sum of $934 is to be paid.
    After seeing this, i am extremely upset sign as i was quoted one number and then "Lied" to and given this to pay. I have 2 businesses under one roof and both companies have separate account #'s through Purolator and have used your courier services extensively over the course of the last 20 odd years without having an issue or concern.
    I have been in touch with someone at your head office and then left instructions as they stated they are the hierarchy and there is nothing that can or will be done to rectify this situation - This to me seems very unprofessional and very unpleasant.
    With no reasoning's on a miscommunication from your party and mine, a good business ethic would be to figure something or meet halfway to allow both parties to make a reasonable decision that would help each other rather than brush it off and tell them there is nothing that can be done for a mistake in which the victim was not at fault.
    Hopefully when you read this, you can contact me directly as i can give all my credentials and account info in hopes this can be mended.
    On another note, if you record all incoming calls, once we discuss, i am sure you can go back to the conversation that was placed between myself and your telephone rep to confirm the quote and pricing.

Thanks,

17th of Apr, 2013

Hello,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or frustration that may have ensued.

If you would like to send the details of your situations with the accompanying tracking numbers to customer.care@purolator.com, we will follow up on them.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Jérémie

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com

• Ba
      26th of Sep, 2013

I was expecting a delivery today. I did not go anywhere today so that I would not miss the delivery. At 1pm when I checked the status of delivery, it showed "Appointment required for delivery. Receiver will be contacted to reschedule delivery". What is this? Nobody came to my unit, nobody knocked on the door and you just reschedule the delivery. I am very much disappointed with your service. You don't have any respect for a person's time. Tomorrow I have a meeting and I can't take day off from my work. It is totally unacceptable. Next time I order anything online I will make sure that it is not sent by Purolator.

26th of Sep, 2013

Hello Bapujee,

I do apologize for the frustration this delivery has caused. I’d like to look into this further for you. Can you please e-mail your Purolator tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Julie Hotton

E-mail : customer.care@purolator.com

• Ba
      27th of Sep, 2013

Hello,
    As per your suggestion, I went to 33 Bloor Street West at 6.20pm today to pick up my package. The girl at the desk went inside to check and told me they did not have my package. According to her, today the driver again tried delivering it but could not find me. Today, I was home till 1.15pm in the afternoon and nobody had come. And what is this nonsense that driver again tried to deliver it. You have categorically mentioned in your previous email that I should go and pick it up from 33 Bloor Street. I also received a call from your office yesterday requesting me to pick it up from 33 Bloor street. Is this any kind of joke you are playing with your customer? Don't you have slightest respect for your customer's time?
    It is disgusting, utter nonsense.
    I will wait till Monday night. If I won't get my package by then, I will take other appropriate action.
    Bapujee

Package Status

Package Tracking Number: MYE000031355 View more details

Attention

Shipment available for pick up for 5 business days from the original delivery date at this location. Please bring current government-issued photo ID indicating your address. Learn more.

ServicePurolator ExpressEst. Shipment Weight35 lb. CreatedSep 25, 2013References665627699.001
    Original DeliverySep 26, 2013

10th of Oct, 2013

Hello Bapujee,

The package had been held for pick up at our office until Friday, September 27th, 2013 at 5:02 pm. It was then given to a driver to bring back to the terminal in order to complete the delivery requested for Monday, September 30th.

I do apologize once more for the confusion. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,