Purity Mineral Science / Scam and fraud

1 PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-363-6797

I went online to get my kid coins for a computer game. I saw this ad for a free cosmetic product and you just pay the shipping/handling fee. I thought "Cool". Unknowingly, I was charged two weeks later $59.99 on my debit card. Again, today another fee of $29.99 on my debit checking card.

I got really upset and called and said I wanted my money back. They are in the process of shipping out another frickin product without my permission. The scam is that once they get your card info, they keep billing you. When I called, all they said was I would have to take a paper out of the product, put in on the shipping label with a confirmation number to cancel and mail it back. Otherwise, I won't get my money back. Then, it will take 7-10 working days to get my money back into my account. Also, I was told to check with the post office and get the confirmation number from them to make sure it gets delivered to the company. I'm a single mom with an autistic kid and don't have the money to be dealing with scams like these! I'm so outraged.

I called my bank, but it's too late. The money is gone. There's nothing they can do for me. All I was told from the bank was that I could cancel my debit card and get a new in 7-10 working days. How fabulous for me! NOT!!! @!&%!!!

Don't purchase any free products, or just anything from this company. Their number is [protected]. They are in Pennsylvania, but can't for the life of me find their location address.

Ca

Comments

• Er
      26th of Feb, 2008
    Purity Mineral Science - Money scam
    Waterville
    Ohio
    www.mineralscience.com

This company has taken 59.99 out of my account and not given the money back. I have now e-mail them 4 times. There phone number given does not work at all. The phone either rings busy or tells you to wait for a agent and then hangs up. I am now disputing with my bank because no one in purity...

• Sh
      26th of Feb, 2008

They also took 59.99 out of my account and I also called thier company and they hung up on me!
    What are we supposed to do about sittuations like these?

3rd of Mar, 2008

I agree with these complaints because my sister fell into this trap also. All she wanted was a nintendo wii, but all she got was misleading information from this so called, "Purity Mineral Science," and the amount of 59.99 taken out of her account. Even though we may not be able to get our money back from these scams, but hopefully we will all learn from our greed on trying to receive free stuff.

• Va
      7th of Mar, 2008

I wanted to try the makeup but simply felt strange after making the purchase. So I immediately sent an email asking to cancel the order with no response, the following day I tried calling them to cancel the order over 15 times in one day and the phone is busy, they put you on hold or hang up on you. I sent another email with no response and tried calling the next day over 10 times with the same results. I then canceled my credit card because I am afraid they will keep charging me for money I don't have. After having this happened to me I now see all the reports of Fraud against this company and I am very concerned now.

• Ta
      12th of Mar, 2008
    Purity Mineral Science - Misleading!
    Michigan

Very Misleading! Do not purchase no matter how good it sounds. Very hard to find website or way to contact. Very little help in doing so.

• Ca
      13th of Mar, 2008

I ALSO GOT RIPPED OFF. I GOT THE $59.99 CHARGE OF COURSE, BUT I NEVER RECEIVED PACAKAGE. IT WAS SCANNED ON MARCH1 BY THE POST OFFICE, BUT I NEVER GOT IT. I DONT KNOW IF SOMEONE TOOK IT OFF MY PORCH OR WHAT. I TOLD THE GIRL THAT AND SHE KEPT STATING THAT I NEEDED TO TAKE IT UP WITH THE POST OFFICE. I WORKED DELIVERING MAIL FOR 20 YEARS. THERE IS OTHING THE PO CAN DO. THEY HAVE DONE THIER JOB SCANEED IT DELIVERED. I STATED I WASNTED A REFUND WHICH SHE REFUSED. I NEVER RAISED MY VOICE AND I ASKED FOR SOMEONE OVER HER WHICH SHE KEPT REFUSING. I THEN ASKED WHAT WAS HER NAME AGAIN? SEH WOULD NOT ANSWER I ASKED HER THRESS TIMES AND THEN SHE HUNG UP AND NOW I CANT GET BACK TROUGH. I AM GOING TO THE BANK TO DISPUTE THE CHARGE TODAY.

• Al
      25th of Mar, 2008
    Purity Mineral Science - Rip off!
    Purity
    Phone: 18663636797
    www.mineralscience.com

PEOPLE YOU NEED TO FIGHT BACK!!Starting with your bank.I was charged 59.99and another29.99 no product received, thank god for this companies totally bad reputation and thanks to all the information I was able to find my bank had no problems refunding my money, TRY IT!!

• Ca
      26th of Mar, 2008

Inever agreed to pay anything other than the dollar plus shipping for a sample. Lo and behold, 59.95 came out of my bank and I can NEVER get anyone on the phone to cancel this garbage.

• Tr
      31st of Mar, 2008

i also never agreed to any other purchase other than the sample...i called once i recieved the package to cancel membership due to the makeup being too light for my complexion..i ASSUMED the membership was canceled but this past weekend while i was at the pharmacy getting a prescription filled for my asthmatic daughter and i had insufficient funds due to mineralscience debiting my card for 60.99. needless to say no prescription was filled...and lets not talk about trying to reach these people!!!

• Pe
      14th of Apr, 2008

Isn't there something we all can do about this company? I am sick of no answers. This is a crime and it just keeps happening.

• Ba
      16th of Apr, 2008

yes their site does not come up for ever, I tried calling and lines were full you would need to call back. I just received my order unaware about the scam. went on line when i realized you had to pay $60 and it keeps on coming. Only signed up for trial and you know the rest.

4th of Jun, 2008

I think we have to ride that horse because now is the perfect time.

• Ed
      16th of Jun, 2008

This WC Value Plus, Purity Makeup, is a scam, rip off bunch of jail birds on the loose, useing our money to make themselfs fat or RICH need to be in prison .I get a fixed income, I depend on it to pay bills.I call the cheating prison rats & told them to cancle me out in 3 days, their makeup casued me & my sister rash, which they were informed of.Oh don'ta use the girl said, I will send you return label & you will not be charged. B-S I never got a label, so I called again, I was told you not begin charged, trash it.Sure $ 59.99 came out of my bank, which I was promisb;e to be returned. ( NOT) I waited not thinking to much about it unitl i was haveing to much money in my count disappear.And guess what folks it all narrow down to this Company also watch for what they call Gleam & Glam same bunch of contacts with Purity Makeup..WC Value Plus Funsource taking $ 19.95 a month.we no more .This is the end.They need WC Value Plus-v Purity makeup to use in jail & I want my money & justice served.I feel raped by a Company.Lets stop it now .The low down money sucking prison awaiting Co.like this needs stoped.I will never use the internet to buy nothing.& samples
    stuff them in your aching --------.Edna

• Ke
      14th of Jul, 2008

I spoke with Colleen Papst from Purity whatever place and complained about this and never getting a package. I asked her to confirm who in my household signed for a package (I live alone so it was a trick question) she stated that no one has to sign for it. I said oh that's convenient. She said I have to deal with my bank. I am but I think she is still a pathetic excuse for a business person.

14th of Jul, 2008

I rcvd a trail package and sent it back. Unfortunately, the package seems to have got lost in transit. The c/s agent, Melissa I spoke to was extremely rude...result, they have taken money off my account. advice - do not buy this product, it is absolutely not what they say it is and the service is horrendous.

• Ve
      4th of Nov, 2008

I just barley yesterday for the first time was on their website.i have odered other products from other mineral compaines with no hassles really. i thought i was getting the deal of a life time and am kinda scard they will keep charging my card and the funny part is that i used my moms card and if the card is charged for anything i will be responsible for paying . i havent recieved their product yet . is the makeup any good? what should i do ? pay the $ qand keep the product and cancel any futher puchases though them im so confused .

21st of Dec, 2008
    Purity Mineral Science - Misleading information about cost
    13710 Hutton Drive
    Phone: (866)363-6797
    service@mineralscience.com

You cannot go to this website and you must have a return number to return their product. They say nothing about billing your credit card 69.95 at the end of the 14 day trial period. You also cannot get them on the telephone when you try and call.

22nd of Dec, 2008
    mineral sci - no makeup was in the containers
    mineral science
    13710 hutton dr
    Phone: 1866-363-6797

no makeup was in the containers

22nd of Dec, 2008

i want this order cancelled now

• Ka
      9th of Feb, 2009

I recently cancelled my debit card so they can't charge me. I had sent the trial back with the RMA number as they told me. Some C/S have told me that I am lying and the package never got there (tracking said it did) and others have said that it arrived but they refuse to process it because it was marked "RETURN TO SENDER".

I am not going to let them get my money. I cancelled the debit card, so when they go to charge me, they won't be able to get anything. HA.