Purity Mineral Science / Scammed!

1 Lafayette, IN, United States Review updated:

They will scam you and take you're money! Do not be fooled by the "one dollar for one month, pay shipping only" like i did!! Protect yourself!!

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2008

I ordered the trial offer for 7.95 shipping then cancelled my order and they are now trying to charge my account 59.99. The product does not work and tehn when you cancel it they still charge your account an outrageous amount. I tried to call their customer service number and it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get a representative on the phone. Horrible company with bad ethics.

• Sr
      26th of Feb, 2008

I ordered the two week trial of Purity cosmetics by Mineral Science and found the product to be less than advertised. I then attempted to contact Mineral Science (866-363-6797) to get the required RMA# - the phone has been constantly busy. I then attempted to contact them via email (service@mineralscience.com) with a note that if they do not respond with a valid RMA#, I would report them to the Better Business Bureau.
    I have not heard back from the company. My contact information was included in the email.

I would encourage readers of this note to, if they are so inclined, purchase superior products now available in national stores.

• Cy
      29th of Feb, 2008

I ordered the trial product and received no instructions plus was told in my letter that I would be billed $59.99 if I
    like it well I don't like it and it doesn,t work either I have tried to get in touch via phone and also e-mail and can't seem to get any such number to return the make-up and brushes I do believe this is a scam and I will contact my credit card company to warn them also if anyone else sees this offer dont be fooled by it

• Mi
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I have tried several times to call this company since Thursday, and all I get is a busy signal. I e-mailed the company for an RMA, but have received no response.

This is an inferior product to even those offered in a local drug store's cosmetic department: you only get one foundation powder, which does not provide any coverage; one finishing powder; one bronzer; three brushes; and a cosmetic bag.

I used SheerCover for two years, then switched to L'Oreal when it became available and was satisfied with both. Mineral Science's product pales in comparison!!! Buyer beware!!!

• Gl
      4th of Mar, 2008

I canceled my order and sent the product back They charged my credit card 59.99

• Te
      4th of Mar, 2008

Further ordering is outrageous price!! I refuse any other shipment! Thank you... but NO THANK YOU!!!

• Te
      5th of Mar, 2008

I have also ordered the trial to find out that it is not worth the shipping and handling. I have tried to contact them by phone and get a continious busy signal. I will contact my credit card company to not honor any request from them.

6th of Mar, 2008

It's a scam! Don't do it! It happened to me too! I am disgusted!

• Ci
      6th of Mar, 2008

I am not happy with the product either. I did the deal for $1.00 with the $7.95 shipping & handling charge. Well they charged my card the $8.95 two times. I don't think I am even going to try to return this product or get the second $8.95 back , after I have read all these complaints. I don't think it would be worth it. And I used a temporary debit card which will never have anymore money on it, so they will never be able to charge me with anything else. I guess I am one of the luckier ones.

I hope someone that can actually do something about these people at Purity Mineral Science and the scam that they are running. Some of the storied I just read are unbelieveable. I tried it on my friends niece and she said after awhile her skin started to really itch. Mine did not but the stuff just doesn't work. NOT AT ALL. I never order anything online but I have been wanting to try Bare Essentials or one of the new kind of powdered or mineral make-up so I thought I would try this for nine bucks, well I learn my lesson. I'll keep going to Longs and actually pay for what I got. Good luck to all of you. I hope you get what you deserve (your $ back) & I hope this company gets what they deserve (An OUT OF BUSINESS SIGN on their front door & a good kick in the behind along with many lawsuites!!)

Good luck and thanks for showing me what not to do ever again.
    Cindy.

• Be
      17th of Mar, 2008

ITS A SCAM,ALRIGHT. I SHOULD HAVE READ THE COMPLAINTS BOARD. THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD,TWICE FOR 2.95. IM TRYING TO CALL THEM BUT ALL I GET IS A BUSY SIGNAL.

• Ca
      27th of Mar, 2008

A scam if ever I saw one. And try to get someone on the phone...it isn't happening. And that colored baby powder they push off as makeup is just the worse. Aweful company and very very very poor business ethics.

• Na
      31st of Mar, 2008

I too have tried to call for days & days..went to the web site this am..could not get their site to come up!! I then saw the complaint one..I didn't even try the make-up & glad to send it back..but we all know that's not going to happen. I did call my mastercard people, & yes there was a new chg. pending..they were really understanding & said their investingation dept. would handle it from here. I was told to call back in 2 days to see what other actions could be taken.. I've learn my lesson..never to old to..I 'm 65 & my husband is 69 close to death from his pancreatic cancer.

• Pe
      7th of Apr, 2008

I too have been charged $7.95 for S&H for a product that I did not received. However less then 14 days they charged me an additional $59.99. Still I have not received anything. They says that they shipped the product, and that I must now take it up with the Post Office. The only thing that we can find out that it was ship to this area code but we still do not know what address. If you try to call you can't get through on the phone. You have to send e-mail after e-mails before you can get anyone to response. And then they say it is no longer their problem, and it is up to me to do all the work to see where the package was deliver. The dates on the tracking number they gave doesn't match to when I order or when I should have received the package. They say they have a very good product but it must not be if they are not willing to work with their customers.

• Hs
      7th of Apr, 2008

***SUCCESS IN STOPPING SHIPMENT**
    I have had the same problem...but have had success in dealing with them. I called my bank and got the number they were billing out of (NOT that fake customer service number). That number is 408-416-0795. I tried calling this number and got a recording prompting you to put in the last three letters of an employees name. Of course, I didn't know anyone there so I put in random numbers and FINALLY got through to someone. I put in the numbers '784'. This happens to be the web designer's number (who seems to have "forgotten" to update the Customer Service number on the site) but at least I was speaking to someone affiliated with the company. I asked why the customer service number wasnt working and he didnt know. Anyway, I gave him my number and he said someone would call me back. Sure enough, 5 minutes later I got a call from THIS NUMBER: 412-564-0095. TRY CALLING THIS NUMBER.

They know their product is worthless bc the rep asked me if i wanted to keep the product for 50% off instead of returning it. Anyway, I got my RMA # and my shipments have been canceled.

****NEWSFLASH: I JUST received an email from Purity with a different customer service number: 888-694-4171. This may be the golden bullet

Good luck to all of you!

29th of Apr, 2008

I just read all this stuff, and freaked because I fell for it to. I'm trying to call the company, but all I get is that there's high call volume, and to try later. I got thru once, and it said there were 30 callers ahead of me. Then it asked if I wanted to do a "promise call back" or stay on the line. I chose to stay on, because I didn't figure they actually would call back. The option to do that kept coming up, and then eventually it forced me to do a call back. It said my number, then press 1 if it's correct, or 2 to enter a different one. So I pressed one, and now I'm waiting. I'm pretty sure though that I will not get a call back. I'm going to call my bank and see what I can do.

29th of Apr, 2008

I called again, from a different number. This time, it only took a few tries before I could get through to be able to hold. It told me there were 5 callers ahead of me, and again asked about the "promise call back" system again about 7 times. This time, the number of callers ahead of me didn't decrease as often as the last time, and only got down to 4. Then it once again forced me into the promise call back feature, but I just hung up. If I was only 4 callers away, it shouldn't have bumped me out. I don't know if it has to do with the different customer service numbers, but I get different results from each number. Sometimes even a busy signal.

29th of Apr, 2008

I finally got my call back. She gave me my RMA# and said my account was canceled, and if I send my shipment back once I receive, I won't get any further charges. Now let's just hope they send it to me since I have to have it back by May 20th.

• Ly
      29th of Apr, 2008

YOU KNOW THE INTERNET COULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS LIKE US, BUT IT'S COMPANIES LIKE THIS WHO MAKE PEOPLE WANNA GO OFF!!! YOU CAN'T CANCEL YOU'R ORDER BECAUSE THEY WON'T ANSWER THE PHONE. MY PACKAGE AI'NT EVEN OPEN AND WOULD LIKE TO SEND IT BACK!!! I JUST DO'NT APPRECIATE NOT EVEN OPENING THE PRODUCT GOOD AND YOU CHARGING ME OUT THE $$^$@@!&&

• Kr
      30th of Apr, 2008

The number in Hs' post is for a company called Linkstar here is their information;

Linkstar Interactive

Copperleaf Corporate Centre

6051 Wallace Road, Suite 110

Wexford, PA 15090

T: 408.416.0795

Notice the number is the same for the "fake" customer service number.

Here is Purity Mineral Sciences contact information;

Telephone: (866) 363-6797

Call Center Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST, Mon-Fri

Email: service@mineralscience.com

They claim that you can now access your account online, however when I enter my email and info. they have no record of me having an account.

I have just sent this company an email asking for a RMA#, I will repost with an update when and/or if I get a response.

• Kr
      30th of Apr, 2008

This is the email I received;
    Re: [Ticket#2008043010000028] Purity has received your email‏
    From: Purity Service (service@mineralscience.com)
    Sent: Wed 4/30/08 1:20 AM
    To: Kristen

Thank you for your inquiry. Please consider this notification that we have received your email. A Mineral Science Customer Service Representative will reply, by email, within a few business days.