Purity Mineral Science / This company is a scam!

United States Review updated:
4.7
Purity Mineral Science is a scam! They claim to send you a 'free sample' and then charge you immediately $59.99 for products not ordered. Beware - the $7.95 small shipping fee is a ruse in order to get your credit card info.
Va

Comments

Ja
  17th of Feb, 2008
i agree. wish i would have read this sooner, cause i got scammed by them also!! wish i could find a way to stop them....
Al
  20th of Feb, 2008
TOTAL RIP-OFF!!!
Al
  20th of Feb, 2008
This company charges your credit card without permission,and watch out they will still continue to until you notify your bank to cut them off,totally took our money even when we no money,forcing us to pay overdraw penalties.Total Scam!!
Cg
  24th of Feb, 2008
Wut should i do? Can we return da products and get $ back? I just got a package from them today. I wish i knew this earlier, this sucks!
La
  27th of Feb, 2008
I agreed to a 14 day trial for purity mineral make up. Within two days it broke my skin out. On the receipt it states that you must have a rma# to be obtained from their customer service team (866) 363-6797 this phone number is busy all the time, i have been calling every day at least five times a day! The return policy states without a rma# $59.99 will not be returned to your credit card. I called information to get an alternate number 241-660-8322 it just rings!
Sh
  27th of Feb, 2008
These people are rip off experts I ordered their fake free trial offer and tried to cancel and guess what that is an immposible mission, because the ph# I have for their Company will not go through, and their chat link is a joke, so trying to comunacate with with a real human is beyond anyones reach. I am so upset I could chew nails right about now and have gotten no where. How in the heck is a person supposed to get in touch with this Com. to get anything when all their infomation is false. I sure have learned my lesson never,never order anything on line again. Fool me once shame one me fool me me twice look out!!!
Sh
  27th of Feb, 2008
Does anyone out there know how to get in connect with this Company? I'm sure all of us that have been ripped off by these so called people would like to have a way to contact them so they cannot continue to charge us for their products, that we do not want. It's to bad people like them get away with these kind of scams and never get caught. I guess the only comfort we get is that what comes around goes around and someday they will get their just rewards,or I so hope. But if anyone has had any luck in contacting this Co. please let the rest of us people know. Thank You very much!
Li
  14th of Mar, 2008
I have had the exact same problem. I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau in Texas, they will try to contact Mineral science on my behalf, but I have a feeling we have all been swindled! Maybe if everyone complained we'd get some action.
Ja
  25th of Mar, 2008
this is a totoal rip off. the makeup is sorry and there is never anyone there to answer the phone. and then they add you to auto ship and no one is there to cncel any orders.
Pe
  14th of Apr, 2008
After trying free trial was unhappy with product. Tried to get required authorization number but never could get any one to answer phone or their was no actual e-mail account that was given on line. Mailed the product back first class anyway, they still charged my credit card $59.95.
Op
  8th of May, 2008
I agree with all of these complaints! This company is a rip-off. I also responded to a "survey" and clicked YES (interested in the PURE MINERAL MAKE-UP). I agreed to a small "shipping & handling" fee. BIG MISTAKE!! They took it upon themselves to deduct $59.99 from my credit card. JERKS! We also live on a fixed income and doing this was WRONG! They need to be prosecuted. Who's more stupid US or THEM? US for being trusting and inputting our credit card info. THEM for doing this to us? I did call the number 1-866-363-6797. It was a recording saying they were closed and only open M-F 9-5 (eastern-time). They also provided an e-mail address of "service@mineralscience.com", which I haven't tried yet - but will when I'm done typing this message. I am VERY upset and hope something is done about these THIEVES.
D
  28th of Oct, 2008
You people are ###s if you think this is a scam. It's a real company wanting you to try their products and hopefully continue to buy from them. Read the terms of the offer. It's very clear that if you don't cancel within 14 days you will be charged and then will continue to receive product. Don't blame the company for your inability to follow directions.
Pa
  29th of Oct, 2008
i agree, after paying for shipping the promotion they offer, we still have to pay.they charged me $64.95.I tried calling the number before the free 14day trial and they dont answer!they are liers!!!1
He
  9th of Nov, 2008
Totally agree, they send the free bottle for shipping cost and very simple, if you don't cancel within two weeks which is easy to do, they send you more. Can you people follow directions? Really!
Ne
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Not always so easy to do. I had no written material included with my scam package. I also broke out in boils and as you may guess, dealing with an alergic reaction (and I am also alergic to Benadryl so there are no easy quick fixes for alergic reactions for me), I did not get to that immediately. (My face was of greater importance and over a month later I still have one boil left from the trial). I saw the charge on my statement, but could not find any info and did not have information on an account number that would assist them. I figured with the shipment that was coming that I was charged for I would get information and I could return it and cancel. Wrong, four weeks went by and still NO PRODUCT RECEIVED. I finally contacted them again and explained the whole situation. The non-customer service rep, offered me a discount to keep the product I did not receive. She also told me I could have a full refund if I returned the product (that I again did not receive) then in a subsequent e-mail advised me my purchase was final.

I contacted my financial institution and they know of the SCAM and they instantly refunded my money and told me who to contact to get a cancellation.

Had my bank not interviened Purity Science and the three other companies that apparently got my information from them, would have stole my son's Chrismtmas. I have been refunded over $200.00 worth of un-authorized charges and in addition NSF fees. The Purity Science grinch is not stealing my Christmas.

For those of you who do not know what to do: Contact your financial institutions FIRST. (guarantee they have heard of these people) Dispute the charges, then cancel your account, debit card or whatever mode they are using to charge you. (it is a PITA - pain in the A**, but well worth the bother) then contact the company 866.363.6797, advise them you want to cancell your account and that you want a cancellation number.

Good luck to my fellow ###s as D - from 36 days ago would classify us. If you are so smart, why are you reading this?
Ne
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I just got done re-reading the stuff on the e-mail offer. It is highly misleading. I signed up for this at night and didn't get that they are really charging you $59.99 PLUS the original $7.95 for the tial. You try the product for 14 days, and if you do not like it, then you have to call them back cancel and return the product. How cheesey is this. What do they do with the product that is returned but yet used. I broke out in boils, I took the crap and threw it away. Now I know what product they wanted back. I was under the impression that it was a special offer I was receiving. Then they only charge you $29.95 after that? What kind of rip off is that. They are preying on people expecting to get an honest to God free trial. The containers are so small I thought for sure that is what they were trial sizes.

If I were able to use it, I do not see how that small container would last two months. Plus why would I pay $68.00 for the initial shipment that they turn around and send out for $38.00 less?

Sorry Purity Science, I threw it away, it was a miserable product. Your description runs it all together and it is very confusing that you are going to charge for the "free trial" in 14 days. How about, trying instead "try it for 14 days, if you are not satisfied, return it and no further obligations". That I get and I would not order if it said that. because I would know it would be a total pain to deal with. Plus, since you are over charging, I guess that would defeat the purpose. I suppose it is much easier to over charge for the crap, since you know you wont be getting any more sales.
Pa
  29th of Jun, 2009
I love Mineral Science. I knew by what I read that I would be charged for shipping first. If I liked the product I would charged 59.99, if I didn't I could send it back.

I currently only use this product. It really hides wrinkles and i look younger. I am on the automatic ship date which I can speed up or slow down if i want. ihave ordered more of there products ans they were recieved in about 10 days with no problems.

Read the fine print. I did and I love Mineral Science.
De
  25th of Nov, 2009
I disagree with the negative comments. I ordered from this company and received the trial product and was very satisfied. However they do state you must cancel the order to avoid being billed the monthly fee of 59.95 of which I did. They also state you are to return any unused product. I was never billed any other charges. If you did not cancel your order before the trial period, you are at fault, not the company. So for many of you to say they are a scam, are no further from the truth. You should have read the entire information that was included as well as pay close attention when you placed the order. Have you every heard of buyer beware.? Well for the those of you who were not aware, it's your lose.
Mi
  20th of Jan, 2010
I agree, I cancled on the site and on the phone with this company and they still charged my bank. Today I spoke to a rep and told her I have proof I returned the product because someone signed for it thanks to the USPS return reciept so then she asked for a tracking number in order to get my money refund back. I also read the fine print and returned before the trial was over like 3 weeks because the make-up was not quality and does not match thanks ladies for the warning.
Mi
  1st of Mar, 2010
I did not have that problem...I received my sample in the mail and was never charged again..I love the makeup and actually just paid full price for more...sorry you all had that issue..goodluck