Purity 12 / Misleading Advertising, Refusal to Refund

Do not buy this product from any website!!! Very misleading advertising. Their website says they will ship you a "free" bottle of the Purity 12 Colon Cleanse for only $4.95 shipping and handling. What you don't see on this website is that they will actually bill you $74.95 on the 15th day after you order the product. They will then ship you another bottle and bill you another $74.95. I have called to complain and I was told that if I had clicked on the button for their terms and conditions then I would have known that I had to call within 15 days or I would be billed for the "free" bottle and automatically shipped another bottle every 30 days. They said they would refund for 1 charge but are refusing to refund for the other charge. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I hope they will take steps to stop this kind of false and misleading advertising. Nobody should have to go to a second webpage to find out that they will be billed additional charges and shipped additional product. Very rude and hateful on the phone when I called to get the amounts refunded.

Wa

Comments

• Ca
      Apr 25, 2009

In this day in age, everyone should realize that you NEED to actually read the agreement terms before checking you agree. I did not have to go to a second web page to find out when and what the charges would be, it was on the same page as the ad. All of the complaints I read here seem to be from folks who did not read the terms carefully before placing their order. No company is simply going to give you something for absolutely nothing. Also, when canceling a regular charge, whether to credit card or debit card, take the extra step to contact the bank or credit card company and let them know that this charge (which you know the amount of and date it will go thru) is no longer an authorized charge. As long as I have done that, my bank will refuse to process it, much like a stop pmt on a check.

• Mi
      Apr 28, 2009

We would love to help you resolve any issue you may be having. We do offer, and honor, our 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Please call us at 877-300-6125 so we can help. Thanks

• It
      Jun 19, 2009

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM.. THEY JUST KEEP CHARGING AND ADDING THINGS ON TO THE ORDER.. AND ON TOP OF THAT, THE PRODUCT DOES NOT EVEN WORK... I HOPE PEOPLE READ THIS BEFORE ORDERING THAT FREE TRIAL.. THAT'S ONLY SO YOU CAN GIVE THEM THE CREDIT CARD.# . AND AFTER THAT THEY JUST KEEP CHARGING.. AND IF YOU ARE 1 DAY OVER THE 30 DAYS THEY REFUSE TO GIVE A REFUND.. THEY ARE A BIG RIP OFF... I HOPE NO ONE BUYS FROM THEM... DO NOT FALL INTO THEIR TRAP..