PureLife Research/Nite Trim / Refund

11701 E 53rd Ave, Unit ADenver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-640-9542
I tried their "free trail" for $6.95 shipping & handling. I couldn't take the product. I didn't read all of the fine print I guess and found out the next month that I had signed up for a monthly subscription after finding a $56.95 charge on my account. I called to cancel and was told to return the product when received but to pay for the shipping so I could get a post office tracking number. They put through a cancellation at that time and I was told a refund would be coming within 7 to 14 days. I followed these directions when the bottle was received. The next week I received another bottle in the mail. I called again and was told it must have been a warehouse error like they had lost the original invoice and duplicated the shipment. They told me to just write "return to sender" on this bottle and put it back in the mail. I did this. After a month of phone calls I have still not received my refund. My last call to them was last week. I was told that again the cancellation was done but they had no idea why a refund hadn't been sent to my account.

I have been keeping track of names and dates of phone calls and will be contacting our better business bureau and the state attorney general regarding this problem. Hopefully something can be done.

Comments

Pa
  22nd of Feb, 2009
I agree. The same thing has happened to me. I cancelled this back in Nov. 2008 and still nothing has happened. I'm going to contact them again and then get a hold of our consumer state office here and see if something can't be done. May have to get my lawyer but I will do what I have to do. If the product worked it would be okay but it doesn't work worth crap.
Al
  4th of Mar, 2009
I also ordered in September last year now the company are accessing my bank account each month and withdrawing £50. The bank advised they cannot stop this whilst I use this account and have advised me to close the account and open another. However to date this company has removed £200 without my permission. As with others' this product is a waste of money
An
  4th of Mar, 2009
This happen to meas well and I just signed up for a free trial period and has been getting charges on my bank statement every since. I can't never get through on the phone to them.
An
  6th of Mar, 2009
i also gave my card details assuming i was paying post and packing for a free trial and have ended up paying out every month, this month i checked my bank statement and found i had paid £45. 00 for absolutely nothing, . the nitetrim that i had from them made me ill, i had severe chest pain and stomach cramps, and did absolutely nothing for my weight. this is a big fraud..
Sa
  4th of May, 2009
I am totally in agreement with the above comments in that i signed up for a free trial not realising they were going to help themselves to my money by charging me every month. Before i finished the free trial i gave up on this worthless scam as it had no effect atall! A total of about £200 now has been taken from me!! Not only that, but i am being charged £12 on delivery to receive the goods aswell!!! I have tried emailing but have had no response what so ever! I have now put a stop on my card and my bank is looking into it!!! If all else fails i will close my account. Its an absolute disgrace and i hope this thieving company get what they deserve ...
Ke
  6th of May, 2009
Please Has anybody busted these crooks yet? They took me for over $100 bucks. Why can't we get a class action going against them? PS It was the same story with me as well.
Jo
  14th of May, 2009
I cant understand how this company are getting away with this I have been charges over £250 for a useless product I do not want and these charges have been made AFTER I had emailed the company demanding they stop billing me for a product do not wish to have. My Bank are in a dispute with the company but are having the same problems contacting Pure Life Research as they operate under many names. They say they cannot stop Pure Life Research from charging my card as I set up the direct Debit!! It was for the free trial! I did not give PLR the permission to keep charging me. It is such a scam. All my bank can do is refund the charges to me until PLR answer them. I live in Northern Ireland and to top it all off, there is a customs charge of £12 for each delivery. I am not paying and have written return to sender!
Jo
  14th of May, 2009
Does anyone have a contact number for PLR or know what other company names they are trading under.
Dk
  1st of Sep, 2009
I had the same problem. I ordered the free trial of Nite Trim on June 11, 2008. I have a copy of the order receipt in which I specifically told them that I did not want any other shipments of the product - only the free trial. I received charges of $56.90 in July, Aug and September. On Sept 30th I sent a copy of the original order along with an email telling them that I had told them not to send more product and to credit me for the additional 3 months. They asked me to return the Nite Trim that was sent but I didn't because I didn't want to pay shipping charges for something that I told them I didn't want. It is my understanding that if you are sent something in the mail that you didn't order, you are not responsible for returning it.
I did not receive a refund for the $170.70 that was charged to my account.

Deborah