Pureacaiberries.com / Scam charges

1 P.O. Box 971090Orem, UT, United States Review updated:

A couple of weeks ago I received an email which appeared legit that touted all the incredible antioxidant properties of newest berry from the famed Brazilian Rainforest. Being interested in health and wellness, I eagerly replied and checked the box that I would be willing to pay for S&H to receive a sample bottle. I did receive a sample bottle as ordered. However, to my surprise, I received another full-size bottle today which I did NOT order!

I have been unable to find any way to contact this company and had not agreed to any membership or other agreement to receive further shipments. This company is suspicious because there is no literature mailed to you and as most of you have probably experienced, their website seems to leave no 'cookie' to even try to retrieve the 'sent' email.

Like many others, I am returning the unopened, full-size bottle along with a copy of this website and my specific complaint. Thank you!

Va

More Pureacaiberries.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

13th of Aug, 2008

I also had the exact same experience. I am returning the bottle I did not order along with a letter demanding a credit to my account.

• Ni
      14th of Aug, 2008

about two weeks ago irecieve an e-mail from Acaiberries, saying how wonderful this product is and how it's a great way to loose weight, just by that it caught my attention so i went to the web site to learn some more about the acai berries, but the infomation that they offered weren't enough for me to oder the product, so as i was exiting the site a chat line came up offering me just $4.95 for shipping and handling with a weeks worth of acai berries, so i said what the hell only$ 4.95 . i went ahead and odered the berries and i did recieved them. then about a week after i recieved another bottle in the mail luckily my bamk statement came in the mail that same day also, i then open my statement, and by my surprise i was billed $74.95 for acai beries that i did not oder, or joined any membership . these ###ers billed me for some ### that i didn't even like, they didn't even time to respond to let them know if wether or not ilike the product and wanted to continue. so watch out for those acai berries emails and other s. yes i got my money back i search and searched the web until i found some number for there support line and their opperaters were so rude and nasty.

16th of Aug, 2008

I also received product that was not ordered and charged my
    account. I am returning and want the money charged back to my account!

• Vi
      16th of Aug, 2008

I saw an add and it said get Acaiberries free, just pay shipping and handling charge $4, 95 and about a week to 4 days later, I noticed an unauthorized charge for 74.95 on my checking statement. I talked to one operator nd received no refund. I mailed the pills back to them and I have not heard from them as of yet. This is a scam.

• Bi
      18th of Aug, 2008

I also agreed on August 8th to "pay for shipping" on a SAMPLE of acai berries and on August 15th I was charged 74.76 for a bottle (I guess) that I have not received. I notified my Pay Pal account and they advised me to contact the company. What a SCAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aparently the company is tp performance life.

• Ro
      19th of Aug, 2008

2nd request, i want MY MONEY BACK, YOU HAVE VERY BAD AND POSSIBLE ILLEGAL PRATICES. I GOT A CALL FROM A REP. COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE WAS SAYING. I DEMAND A CALL BACK, I HAVE SEVERE HEARING LOSS, CALL BACK OR GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER WHERE I CAN CALL YOU. WHY WOULD WANT TO RIP OFF SENIOR CITIZENS? I PLAN TO USE EVERY LEGAL SOURCE AVAILABLE TO ME TO HAVE MY MONEY RETURNED. YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO USE MY CREDIT CARD TO BENIFIT YOURSELF WITH A PRODUCT I DID'T ORDER. IDENTITY THEFT IS ILLEGAL. THAT'S WHAT YOU PRATICE. I DEMAND A ANSWER.

• Ne
      20th of Aug, 2008

same thing happen to me, they charge me 74.95 for item i did not order. called my american express & they said not to pay it

• Ad
      21st of Aug, 2008

This is so terrible that when we have good intentions to try a product, it becomes a scam.
    I had the same thing happen to me. I ordereed a 5 day sample supply & when I finished this supply I was automatically billed $74.76 on my credit card.
    This website should be banned from the internet somehow.

• St
      21st of Aug, 2008

My address is PO Box 829 Kila, MT 59920. I did NOT authorize a 74.95 charge to my debit card for 60 capsules of PureAcaiBery. I do NOT want you product and I want you to credit my debit card back for the full amount of 74.95. I do NOT want your product and I want you delete me from your system AFTER you have given me a full credit on my debit card. What you did was illegal and UNAUTHORIZED. Thank you. Signed: Stephen Paisley Home phone: 406 756 1866

• Ti
      21st of Aug, 2008

I also received a "sample"supply of 10 pills for 4.95 then today 8/21/08 I received a bottle of 60 pills which I did not order and was charged $ 74.95 on my bill. I am furious and will start tomorrow on a quest to get rid of these crooks and recover my money.

• Me
      21st of Aug, 2008

RETURNING THE PRODUCT WILL NOT GET YOU A REFUND!!! These scammers HOPE you return their product...then they can sell it to someone else! You MUST contact your credit card company or bank and have the unauthorized charges reversed! Think of how many people that have been charged $89.31! If they get to keep that money...they're making some big bucks! CONTACTING THE "MERCHANT" (the people running the scam) will do you no good. Your only chance is to have your financial institution REVERSE THE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES!!

• Je
      23rd of Aug, 2008

This is definitely a scam. Same thing happened to me. trial bottle and then an unsolicited bottle for outrageous amount of 74.95. Definitely don't send it back. Call your credit card company. Once the charge is reversed, you can decide whether or not you want to return the product. You are not required to, as it was unsolicited. I'm also going to call Consumer Affairs, A.G.'s office, wherever I need to go to have this company shut down.

• Pa
      28th of Aug, 2008

I can't reach this company to cancel any further shioments or mailings. I received the sampkle bottle and do not want to continue with this product. HELP!oc

28th of Aug, 2008

I called Utah Attorney Gen'l. Office and was told to go on line to complain and they would see about stopping this company. www.dcp.utah.gov also call your credit card co. and dispute the charges. They will direct you.

• Na
      28th of Aug, 2008

The same thing happened to me both with acia berry and their ultra relief product. When I contacted them to complain they said that it states that by purchasing the trail it will sign you up to receive more product. I dont know where this is stated but it must be microscopic because I didn't see it. I sent both items back and did receive a fast refund but I would NEVER do business with this company again. I think they count on people being passive and not bothering to return the unwanted products.

• Ro
      28th of Aug, 2008

I received word that for $4.95 I could get a weeks supply of the AcaiBerry. I received the capsules and tried them for a week, but they did not do as the claim they would. I have now received a 30 day supply that was not ordered by me and charged $74.95. I want to know when I can send them back and receive credit for them. I want to take my name off your mailing list. Thank you. Robert E. Lydy

• Mi
      29th of Aug, 2008

i also would like to have my name off taken off the mailing list if anyone has ifomation aon how to get it off i would like to know.
    michelle

• To
      31st of Aug, 2008

Credit changed for 74.00 something i did not order, only order sample product for 4.95.

• Th
      1st of Sep, 2008

I too was taken in by these crooks. Fortunately, I have my bank working to get this resolved. I too, ordered a sample and agreed to pay the shipping chare of $4.97 . I did not agree to make any further purchases. But guess what? My bank account was charged $74.76 PLUS a $35.00 ISF charge. These people should be put out off business for good. They also should be charged with bank fraud as well as mail fraud . I have tried on numerous ocassions to contact them but to no avail. Never again will I trust anyone hawking a product online

• Mi
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Same thing happened to me!My checking account was debited on 7/29/2008 for $74.95 & on 7/30/2008 my account was debited for $4.95 plus $89.97 .