Pure Medical SpaNo Refund of $5,000

I purchased a laser hair removal package which I have been using throughout 2009. I had an appointment today and the doors were closed. The door had a Police note to leave the premises. I have no idea who to call, where to go, and how to get the money back that I paid upfront for a service that I am not even half way of receiving. It is ridicolous that this would happen in the U.S. I think we need to make these people pay up, big.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in San Jose, CA Until all these centers are closed down, they can pay us back because someone is making BIG $$ and it's not the customer. I am going to get to the bottom of this. If anyone wants to contact me, the more voices of complaints, the louder we will be. I am going to take this to the Better Business Bureau, to newspapers and to Channel 5. A little pressure will teach them. Email me if interested, this is personal now. I work for my money, dam it. [protected]@hotmail.com.

Bc

Comments

Apr 09, 2010

I paid over $4000 dollars for my laser treatment and none of them worked. Tukwila, WA store managers and sales people are all fake and horrible. I will never refer anyone for any services with this company. They canceled all my appointment and I believe this spa went out of business. I've been calling them for past few weeks and now there phone number is disconnected. Please help me is there any way I can get me refund from this company? Does anyone have there corporate headquarter phone number. Please post it on this blog. Thank you!

• Ka

Dear Pure Med-spa and/or Britesmile/Briteskin customer,

It has come to our attention that the company you have used for laser skin services is closing many (or all) of their facilities and appears to be going out of business. Unfortunately, when this happens, they often take the hard earned money that you have paid for services with them leaving the client without the services they paid for. We are not affiliated with Pure Med-spa or Britesmile/Briteskin in any way. However; we would like to help. While we cannot honor the contracts you have with Pure Med-spa and/or Britesmile/Briteskin or offer you any legal advise, we can offer you 25% discount on services in our office.

We are a small, family run business in San Jose, CA that has been open and in good standing for 14 years. While we do not offer as many services as the lager chain med-spas, we do offer LASER SKIN RESURFACING, LASER HAIR REMOVAL, IPL ACNE TREATMENTS, PHOTO-FACIAL REJUVENATION AND MASSAGE THERAPY. We pride ourselves in offering great customer service, no pressure sales tactics and honesty in every aspect of business. We have outstanding reviews and testimonials. Please check us out and see for yourself.

Here is a little of what you get with us:
    FREE no obligation consultation
    No high pressure sales tactics
    No Package pricing ( you pay as you go per visit)
    Regular pricing lower than the competition
    Honesty at every level
    Highest customer service anywhere
    Additional 25% off our regular LOW prices (if you can provide a receipt proving loss of money or services from another med-spa)

While this does not reimburse you for the money you have lost, we sincerely hope that it helps you afford to get the services you originally wanted. Please feel free to contact our office by phone or email if you have any questions. We will be happy to assist you in any of your aesthetic needs.

Sincerely, Dr. Kathy Bragg
    Owner and Operator of A Youthful Reflection
    www.AYouthfulReflection.com
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

• Mi
      Apr 09, 2010

OK, ALL OF YOU BRIGHT SMILE, PURE MED, ETC. ETC. CUSTOMERS. I AGREE. I TOO, AM A VICTIM OF THE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS THEN REOPENING AS ANOTHER BUSINESS SCAM. $8000 LATER, NOW WHAT DO I DO? IDK IF THERE ARE ANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE. BUT, I SURE WANT TO BE A PART OF WHATEVER GOES DOWN. TALK TO ME IF ANY OF YOU ARE FROM THE PORTLAND OREGON AREA. [protected]@COMCAST.NET

Apr 13, 2010

Their main website is down but there blog is still up:

You can leave nasty comments on their about page.

It wont really do any good but it is kind of fun.

• Sd
      Apr 13, 2010

I'd like to particpate in going to the BBB. I was also a paid client that lost services with them closing down.

• Sz
      May 03, 2010

Same thing happened to me..I am out a lot of money! I had a package at the location in downtown Chicago. I am really PO!

• Te
      Nov 02, 2010

I had 4 or 5 Microdermabrasions left and found out PureMed is now out of business in San Jose. It's very sad.
    [protected]@yahoo.com

Nov 20, 2010

How can I get my mo ey back [censor] I didn't even know that pure med spa closed for long time..I haven't been to pure med spa since 2009 and I still have 5 remaining of microdrmabrasions and 4 vela shape..this is ridiculous..does anyone knows how can we get our money back pls Ty...[protected]@yahoo.com

• To
      Mar 26, 2011

Now they are open in Dallas Texas called renew Beauty Med Spa . The names are Louise Talbot and Jeff Nourse! They are doing treatments with no doctor on staff for botox, there are people working there doing things out of their scope of practice and burning people. One client has second degree burns . They are in a upscale area in Northpark Mall these people need to be stopped ! Also they are taking consumer credit cards and having to email receipts ...well they need to beware and look at their bill.Something needs to happen, this is sad! I was working there for one week they asked me to perform laser treatments which is out of scope of my practice and i refused to do so. Also, I went to cash my first paycheck and there were no funds. How do these individuals get away with this?

• Am
      Aug 21, 2012

Looks like these two con artists Jeff Nourse & Louise Talbot are running their scams yet again! Just by a quick Google search I see Nourse is back doing business in the local Toronto area and has been in the news lately as a "local hero" for offering steep discounts and being considered a leader in the med spa industry of the Toronto area - Ha, what a damn joke that is! People of Toronto, BEWARE! This is just another Nourse / Talbot scheme! Don't fall for it, stay away from Renew Beauty Med Spa / Pure Laser of Toronto, looks like he's got six locations up there now people, make sure you stay far, far away. Meanwhile Talbot is still in the Dallas area in business as Renew Beauty Med Spa now going by the last name of "Proulx".

We need to nail these two already! They just keep closing up shop, stealing everyone's hard earned cash and re-naming & scamming people all over again. They should have been locked up for good years ago! I don't understand how they've continued to be so deceitful all these years and still continue to get away with it! They belong in the same cell with Madoff!

I see there is currently a pending lawsuit against them in California. I'm located in Las Vegas, Nevada and am interested in getting involved in a lawsuit or class action lawsuit here. Anybody have any updates on any litigation against them? Please contact me by email if you have any info about any lawsuit(s). These two crooks took me for a ride for several thousand dollars and I plan on getting it back! [protected]@hotmail.com