Pure Lift / Unauthorised charges

1 New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

I ordered PureLift cream through a link in Facebook (NEVER NEVER do this!!!) and was charged about $71 on for "PureLift" on 4 August ...it arrived ... and that was the end of acceptable, transparent, ethical transactions.

A week later (15/8) I was billed a further $70.34 for 'BeautyPack", then 22/8 another $8.61 for "Healthmember" then another week later $3.92 for "Vh Access". I was not aware of these until my end of month bank statement arrived. None of these withdrawals referred back to PureLift and all had the different billing business name. I asked my bank to look into the separate charges - having no idea what was going on. At this time I received a package with 3 more bottles of the PureLift cream (that I had not ordered) and figured some link here to all the dodgy dealings I was seeing in my bank statement!!

The glossy page that was in with the 3 new bottles has no company name, no business registration details, no business address, no email address and is not dated. It is not a bill - it is a statement that more money is due to come out ("at discounted rate") but without any declaration of how much or when. How friggin' dodgy IS the USA that this is acceptable there? There is no price stated on there or date that I should expect a withdrawal. The number that is given is a 1800 number that I cannot get through to but with no city listed it is difficult to guess what US time zone they may be in. When I try to Google them to FIND contact details I am warned "this site may harm your computer".

I will try again the two numbers [protected] and [protected]) in the morning. If they do not answer then I will tell my bank to cancel my credit cards.

PureLift does NOT operate under normal ethical business practice. Beware.

None of these things are acceptable.

Comments

• Na
      9th of Aug, 2009

I ordered a free trial of Pure Lift cream in July and was charged for the postage. On August 3rd my bank statement showed that the sum of US$118 had been debited from a company called Focus Cleanse. This is an unauthorised charge and the company is a scam.
    Please help.
    Naomi Levine

• Zo
      9th of Aug, 2009

Did you cancel the agreement with them in writing after the trial period to avoid any further charges on your credit card? Strike 1.

Have you contacted them to have the service canceled and have the charges reversed? Strike 2.

Did you send any product you received back to the company selling the junk? That's right, junk? Strike 3.

Don't you think that if there was a miracle weight loss pill or a skin cream that reduces aged skin by 20 years that it would be sold in reputable stores instead of on fly-by-night websites? Think people think.

• Bo
      9th of Aug, 2009

And why on earth didn't you call your credit card company?

• Hh
      31st of Aug, 2009

Call 1-866-989-2690 give them your name and e-mail address and they give you a cancelation # once you cancel. Keep track of when you made the call and if it works. Hope it does!!!

7th of Sep, 2009

Hi - I was also unpleasantly surprised with the assumptions this company made and logged my complaint here last night (Maudie05). This morning I called the number on the glossy flyer that arrived with "my new shipment" which is the only contact information they have provided - (866) - 989 - 2690 and it was dead. No ring tone and eventually just cut off. The web site I googled for them said "this site may harm your computer" - so dont go there either.

I called the number they seem to have provided you above (1-866-989-8944) which was picked up promptly with "you wish to cancel your subscription?". An employee called Toni (employee id 807) cancelled "the monthly debits". Her response to me saying they had been WEEKLY debits was "sorry about that ma'am". She gave me a cancellation number and assured me it was all behind me. I asked about the 3 new bottles I had received without ordering them and she gave me another number to call for this (NOT the one on the letter).

So then I called 1- 888-868-7512 and spoke to April (employer id 155702) who asked which product I was complaining about then looked me up and again has assured me that "your automatic shipment order is cancelled ma'am". When I advised I did not place that order she again said "sorry about that ma'am, you have a good day". Seriously! They are polite and sound very very worn out! Anyway - I asked her bluntly the questions "will there be any more debits?', "will you be accessing my credit card for any further charges?" "will I ever hear from you about any product again", "will I have to cancel my card to get rid of you?"- reply to each was a weary "no ma'am".

I have also advised my bank of this. Just in case - but have not cancelled my card.

Hope this helps you ...

• Pr
      8th of Nov, 2009

folks. All of us want better skin from time to time. Companies are not often forthcoming with the information with free trial offers. Rude remarks and implying that a person is not smart is not a way to respond to people who are feeling that something is unfair. so, if you have a need to put people down, go to your mirror and cuss out yourself for being so quick to judge and belittle.

• Lo
      15th of Nov, 2009

This company is a real scam. They do not ask you to join anything just to order a free trial and pay shipping and handeling. OK Then they took $87.62 out of my checking account plus the $2.95 shipping and handeling.
    I have called the company andreached no one at first then I got a lost person on the phone when I explained the problem she just said that I want to cancel my account? WHAT ACCOUNT I SAID. YOU OPENED AN ACCOUNT WHEN YOU ORDERED? That was news to me. I wanted my money back and she sent me an email with the address and a number for the order to cancel. I bite but if does not happen I think I will call a news chanel to see if things can be done.
    AMAZING
    PURE LIFT MY FOOT

• Je
      4th of Jan, 2010

I have been stung too. I ordered a free trial of pure lift. I did not get any information when I received the bottle. Yesterday I received another bottle which I did not order I checked my account and they had taken out $100.43. I called my bank and cancelled my card straight away. I finally found a number ( 001118886764122 I am from Australia) I called them at midnight and told them to cancel my account with them and don't send me anymore bottles. I also said that I didn't order anything from them except the free trial. She said that I had not read the terms and conditions on the email when I ordered. (That is crap as there where no terms and conditions on the email) She emailed me all the Return Instructions and said I would be refunded when I sent the bottle back. Today I checked my account and they have taken out another $99.07. I called the bank they told me that happened before I closed that card. I will be calling America tonight and demand the stop sending me bottles and taking money from me. I will also be making a complaint to Fair Trading I urge everyone that is having trouble to also make a complaint.
    Jenny

• Sh
      5th of Jan, 2010

Hello,

Sorry there seems to have been some confusion about your order. We do our best to satisfy all of our customers, but

sometimes mistakes can happen. Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us. That's why we included our

Terms of Service on the order page right next to where you provided us with your credit card information. There is also a direct

link to our Terms of Service on our home page. We do want you to be happy with your experience with us - even if you didn't

read the terms or found them confusing.

If that was the case, you can return the unused portion of your order and we will not bother you again. If you are still in our

30-day guarantee period, we will also be happy to refund your money. We take our money-back guarantee very seriously.

Our customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call us at 8/8/8-(6/7/6)-(4/1/2/2). If you have

any problems getting through, you can also use our Live Chat online customer service support. The Live Chat link is easy to

find on our Contact Us page and can walk you through the entire process step by step.

We want to do everything we can to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible and hope to hear from you soon.

(shawn bebout)

• Ro
      25th of Jan, 2010

I am in New Zealand, and also got the FREE sample, only to find that all my savings have been taken out of my bank account!!! $150 nz dollars each month for a small bottle of What, and where are my bottles that i have been charged for??? this stuff does not work at all!!!
    What is it? has any one had it tested?? it may well be harmfull

I WANT ALL MY MONEY BACK!!!

• Ro
      25th of Jan, 2010

It turns out that the item came from new zealand, in Laurence Stevens Drive Manukau 2154 instead of the USA
    so why was i charged $34.04 + as a conversion rate and charged for this rate twice a month as well as $123 + per month for the item???????