Pure Acai Berry Pro / Cannot cancel as promised

1 SC, United States Review updated:

I ordered the "trial offer" on the internet for "Pure Acai Berry Pro" for $4.99. When I called to try and cancel within the promised "14 days", I cannot get in touch with anyone who knows what they are doing. I have spent all morning on the phone trying to cancel and the operators pretend they cannot find any record of my order. So, I am sure that I will be billed again shortly for the approx. $80.00 for the next shipment. Can anyone tell me how I can stop this?
email grannybrbryant@yahoo.com

More Pure Acai Berry Pro Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      19th of Dec, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry Pro - overcharged
    Advanced Wellness Research, Inc
    Miami Beach
    Florida
    BuyPureAcaiBerry.com

Was offered a free trial offer by only providing shipping and handling fees for $4.99 to only find out that i have been charged the grand total at least so far $78.81.

• Su
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I had the same problem. After it happened to me I did a search and found alot of other complaints. My credit card company reversed the charges because I did not receive the additional product the claimed they sent. I asked them to send me the terms and conditions I supposedly agreed to but they wouldn't.

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2009

If you don't notify your bank they will keep charging to your account.
    I ordered the "free" trial of this product and the "free" 30 day supply of Colon xR and was ask to only pay shipping. It arrived and I have not used it, but my checking account was debited the shipping charges and an unexpected $78.00 and another $78.00 from the Colon xR (for nothing) and $78.00 from the Acai Berry. I looked online and found this is happening to lots of people and I really feel dumb. I went to the bank and they were able to contact Acai Berry and they said there were a certain number of days to return it and the information was on their website. I went home and searched the website and in my opinion the only way in the world to know it wouldn't be the free product would be to read the "Refund and Exchange Policy" at the bottom of the page. Why would anyone look at a Refund and Exchange Policy unless they had purchased a product and wanted a refund or exchange? I did not purchase a "free product", I paid shipping and had no idea I would have to cover the entire website to see if their were strings attached. If there were stipulations about the free offer it should have been clearly visible in the area that needs to be filled out for the free product. The way this offer was presented in their website seems to me to be fraudulent and/or misleading. When I returned home from the bank the Acai Berry person sent an email that said he will credit my account $20.00, I wrote back and told him I wanted all of my money back and would send the pills back (none were used). I haven't heard anything but did file unauthorized transfers at my bank for all three unauthorized transfers of money from my account and tomorrow I will be contacting the Attorney General of my state and the Attorney General for the state of Florida. I did a little research and found the same person owns both companies and his name is Nicholas Molina and is from Miami, Florida. Next I will contact the better business bureau for both states and the Consumers affairs division for Florida. Oh, and the Attorney General and better business bureau for Nampa, Id. SO FAR that is all I've thought of.

• Sh
      6th of Jan, 2009

I cannot begin to express how upset I am about this whole thing! I too was scammed into thinking that I had 14 days from the time I received the product to decide if I like it or not and would want to keep it. I was clear that it would be a continuous membership if I chose to keep the product, but how about my credit card was charged before the 14 days trial period was up, so I called, I held until forever, and spoke to someone who barely could speak english, I mean it really sounded like another language that's how bad it was, and this person told me the trial begins the moment you complete the transaction online. I was outraged, but what's more is that how about I still had 3 days to go from then, and again my card had still been charged the $78.81 it was like pulling teeth try and cancel. I had to snap off and still I was on the phone with these people over an hour. I am still disputing it with my bank but I canceled my card immediately when I saw the charges and ordered a new one, I refuse to have them just taking money whenever they feel like it. I felt like this was a "BAIT & SWITCH" tactic and they are scamming people left and right. On the news they said they have over 700+ BBB complaints. Well, make that 701, because I am filing mine next.

• Mi
      30th of Jan, 2009

The exact thing happened to me, Im still fighting with the guy on the phone that doesnt speak very good english, he wanted to give me a 50.00 refund only if i signed up for them to debit my account 78.81 every month. its very frustrating, Like i told my husband their advertisement was false, I would never pay that much money for pills.I dont care if there the best, I would never buy from that company again.

• Af
      30th of Jan, 2009

IF YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF, GO FOR THE FREE TRIAL OF THIS PRODUCT. GIVE THEM YOUR CARD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING, AND YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO AN EXPENSIVE RIDE OF HELL. YOU WILL NOT ONLY LOSE POUNDS, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY ALSO. LOT S OF MONEY. ALL OF THESE ARE SCAMS. i NO BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED THEM TO. YOU CAN GET SOME OF THE FUNDS BACK. BUT ONLY IF YOU STAY WITH IT. BY THE TIME YOU DO, YOU WILL HAVE ALMOST FORGOTTEN WHO THE COMPANY IS.

30th of Jan, 2009

I ordered the Free Trial, i was charged the $4.99 for shipment, but if you had read the fine print when you ordered it you would have seen the charges that would incur after the free trial was done. I was going to cancel too and send back my order because i realized i just couldn't afford $78.81 coming out of my account. So when i called to cancel they offered me a discount of $40.00 per month if i wanted to keep it and try it for a couple of months. They told me that i could cancel anytime. Always read the fine print, especially when they say something is FREE, nothing is ever free.
    thanks!

• Km
      1st of Feb, 2009

I just read these complaints after ordering my free trial and was told that they couldnt cancel it on the same day and for me to call after i received the product. so i told them to just go ahead and just charge me for what i ordered today and to just go ahead and cancel the 14 day trial and was told that they couldnt do that either and agian for me to call when i recevied the product and cancel. does anyone know if i can head this off and call my bank to not accept any more charges from this company?

• Da
      2nd of Feb, 2009

The exact thing happened to me. I just do not understand why are so many compliants & the consumer bureu has not step in and done something about this.

2nd of Feb, 2009

Very same thing happened to me. I ended up cancelling my credit immediately in fear of what might be ahead with the Pure Acai Berry Pro, Advanced Wellness Research Inc., and them in possession of my credit card number! Can't believe they can continue doing this!

4th of Feb, 2009
    Pure Acai Berry Pro - cancel order
    pure acai berry pro
    392 james bowie ct,
    Alamo
    California
    Phone: 925 287-1928

I want to cancel my order# 2650452, will be contacting my credit card co. so as not to be
    charged

Wagga Wagga
    New South Wales
    Australia
    PureAcaiBerryPro.com

Ordered free trial and have been charged x2 times further. 17/03 AU$120.74 and 28/03 AU$ 121.08. I received no product and am left with an overdrawn credit card.

• Pa
    Pure Acai Berry Pro - cancellation
    advanced wellness research product
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

I would like to cancel this product so no more are sent to me. But on the confirmation there is no contact number. Also no contact number on the bottle that was sent to me. I'm not sure how to do this. As I was trying to figure this out, found all the complaints (foolish me for not checking first). I don't know how to cancel this product and do not want to be charged further.

• Vi
      30th of Mar, 2009

For Acai Berry Pro call this # 18669641011. I called this # today and It worked. I cancelled the acccount ( which I just found out I had one yesterday)and tried to get my money back ( they charged me 2 times in a month for a taotal of $160). Tried to reason with them, but the guy I talked to only agreed reim. the 2nd charge ($83). I also called 18773006125 to cancel the acoount with "Purity12" and they agreed to pay back all the money they charged into my cc. I am not sure they will do it or just a scam. I'll wait and see. I aslo called my cc comp to alert them and close my account.

• Je
      30th of Mar, 2009

I have a similar situation. Very disgusted.

• Da
      31st of Mar, 2009

Lucky for you that you were able to actually speak to a live body-even if they had no sense of morals. I had to research everything through the internet and the Better Business Bureau of Utah.

Same scam...I sent Certified Mail-Return Receipt and actually got the receipt back signed. My demand was to refund two bottles of this crap along with the International Trans Fees. They have credited only one bottle and not stopped the Trans. fees. The address I sent this "Cease and Desist" certified letter was to Support Services of UTAH, 3549 N. University Ave., Suite 375, Provo, UT 84604.

I also filed a complaint against this company with the Utah Better Business Bureau @ 5673 S. Redwood Rd., Ste. 22, Salt Lake City, UT 84123. They weren't much help really, but it looked intimidating on my letter.

I am still fighting for one more charge to be returned as I returned (2) bottles. One is better than none at this point.

Hope this helps!

• Ro
      8th of Apr, 2009

They are still at it. I had the same issues with them. They are billing under different companies now... each time they bill. I only ever recieved the forst free trial and noting else has ever shown up. A scam for sure. I have cencelled my card as well to get this to stop

• Ca
      11th of Apr, 2009

I too was taken in by the "free trial" for only $4.99 shipping and handling. I assumed that the product was worth about $1, shipping was $1, and they made $3 on each sale. Since it did not work, it wasn't even worth $1.

To handle this fraud, I disputed the charge with mt credit card company. The reasons: 1. The web page exclaims boldly that it is a "free trial" (not "free trial period") and does NOT direct me to read their "terms and conditions". 2. The words "terms and conditions" are printed in very small letters at the bottom of the website. There are no instructions telling you that these are hyperlinked to the actual document and you have to click on them to see it.

This is analogous to me signing a contract for work on my house and it happens to say "term and conditions" at the bottom and I have to ask to see them because it is in the man's pocket and he does not have them included as part of the contract.

To stop autopayments, simply tell you credit card company that your card is lost or stolen. They will send you a new card with a new account number.

• Pv
      8th of May, 2009

This was a REALLY bad idea, and I should have known better than to sign up for a free trial that required a credit card number. It has been a major pain to get the deliveries stopped and to get my credit card straightened out. I hate hate HATE these things, and I am so irritated that I fell for it. The phone number associated with this charge on my credit card is NOT the correct one. I got the correct number from one of the posts on this site, and I will repeat it here: 1-866-964-1011. I think I actually reached the guy who starred in "Slumdog Millionaire" but he told me his name was Jonathan David. Hmmmm. Doesn't SOUND like a name from Mumbai. Anyway. Supposedly he canceled the account, but I guess I will have to wait and see. Anyway. Lesson learned. NO MORE FREE TRIALS. Good luck to all who are trying to cancel. Oh, and by the way, the company apparently keeps changing names. It shows up on my Credit Card as Berry Pro Today, but it is Pure Acai Berry Pro according to the phone number. Whatever. You say po-tay-to, I say RIPOFF!!

• St
      22nd of Oct, 2009

Continue to call and try to get your account cancelled. Keep a record of who you talked to, be resilient and say that you want to talk to a supervisor. The $80 will be the first shipment and don't believe them if they say sorry it's already been shipped. Your records will help keep everything straight for you to fight them