Pure Acai Berry / Fraud

I ordered a free trial of the Pure Acai Berry and agreed to the shipping and handling and found out that I was charged 78.81 before the 14 free day trail was over. I have tried calling them and the number keeps ringing busy and when I tried another number was advised to cancel by email. I did along with my order number and no one will get back with me so I can get the RMA # to send the product back. My credit card company has suggested we first try the dispute and submit all the paperwork and emails that I have sent showing dates and time and that I have done everything right to rememdy this fiasco. Shame on Oprah for condoning this product. Has any one trying to reach her web site to see what her thougts are on this! Maybe I will. This is the worse sham I have been catch in.

Comments

• Sh
      26th of Aug, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - Order sample-received membership
    Performance Health USA LLC
    PureAcaiBerries.com

Is this a rip off; I can not afford this and this a way you make your living, offering sample and then sending people something they did not order. Do you not have the decency to allow them to re-order if they like the product, instead of forcing something on them they can not afford. How many $74.00 bottle of pills would you buy? Please be considerate of people and allow them to order quanity that they can afford. This world is full of rip-off artist and they will all reap what they are sowing sooner of later.

• El
      27th of Aug, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - Diet Products
    9326 Ardmore Drive
    St Louis
    Missouri
    Phone: 314-868-5516

I went on this website www.pureacaiberry.com and it sounded good so I just wanted to test it out for the trail size. I only accepted the trial offer and I looked on my bank statement for 8/27/08 and they are stealing $74.76. I did not authorize that transaction for the $74.76 at all. I went to the bank to try to put a stop payment on that transaction and they told me it was a pos purchase. If anyone is looking at this please do not fall for the trial size because they will get you for the full price, not authorize. I will be writing the BBB and FTC on this particular company. I do not have that type of money to throw away.

• Su
      28th of Aug, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - Took money from me
    12844 leisure
    Warren
    Michigan
    Phone: 5867511296
    www.pureacaiberry.org

I too was ripped off should of read the terms on the web-site, but it is too late. They should not be able to do this...

• Do
      1st of Sep, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - Fraud and scam
    www.pureacaiberries.com

I ordered the free trial for just $3. 95 and and received the trial bottle on Thursday, August 21st. Less than a week after receiving the free sample, on August 24th my credit card was charged $74.76 and I received another bottle containing a 3 months supply. There was no paper work included in either package to indicate what had been charged... or even who to contact. I went to the web site listed on the bottle and... hopefully... canceled future shipments. I have not opened either bottle... I would love to send these product back, but don't have any type of address to indicate where to send them. I feel that I have been fraudulently charged the $74.76. I was not given an opportunity to decide whether I wanted to continue the product or not.

• Ba
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Just went through the same thing. I used their contact us page on the website which gave me a phone number. After several tries I finally got through and relayed my concerns about this. They emailed me a form to fill out and assured me I would get a refund if I returned the pills unopened by a certain date. I did so, more than a week and a half before their date and I have yet to receive my refund. DO NOT fall for these scams. I have learned the hard way!!

2nd of Sep, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me and am trying to get my bank to get the money back for me. I cannot find their website anymore and I ordered the "free" sample thru an email. I am getting nowhere fast. I have had two charges against my card for $74.95 and have a package that came today in the mail that I am refusing but not sure how to get a refund?? Did you have any luck with getting money returned?

Cherie

• Di
      12th of Sep, 2008

I hope this helps:

Refund and Exchange Policy

Acai Berry Supreme Return Policy
    We have a 15-day satisfaction guarantee return policy on all shipments.

Returns
    If you are unsatisfied with our product, you may return the unused portion 15 days from the date that the product was originally shipped to you for a refund according to the following terms. To obtain a refund, your return must be postmarked 15 days from the date that the product was originally shipped to you. All returns are subject to a 30% administrative handling and restocking fee. We do not refund or credit shipping charges for any monthly shipments. Please note, the following terms apply for all returned items:

To return a product for an exchange or refund you will need to obtain a Return Merchandize Authorization (RMA) number by contacting the billing department at 1-866-938-4832.

An RMA number can ONLY be obtained by contacting the billing department at 1-866-938-4832.

• Ad
    Pure Acai Berry - Withdrawal from checking account
    gohelpnow.com

I asked for the first sample of Acai Berry and after waiting for 2 weeks when it should have been shipped within 48 hours as they said, instead I received the $4.95 sample within 1-1/2 weeks; finding a full package in my mailbox in less than a week which was charged to my American Express card, when this company did not have my authorization to withdraw any funds because I had not informed them that I even wanted a product which I did not have time to evaluate. I need them to stop taking money out of my American Express card. Acai Berry is scamming people without their authorization, and it is disgusting.

• Co
      15th of Sep, 2008

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. I CANCELED MY BANK CARD SO THEY COULDN'T GET ANY MORE FUNDS FROM ME. THEY DID GET $79.76 SOME THING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS COMPANY. CT

• Li

Charges on credit card!

• Mi
      16th of Sep, 2008

GW Performance is a rip off. There is no way to contact them as their telephone recording always says that there is a 45 minute wait.

The web site that they reference does not exist.

They bill your credit card and keep shipping items. I returned the product with a note to cancel future shipments but it did not help.

Contact your credit card company and have the charge removed as product not requested.

The original complaint is completely true.

• St
      17th of Sep, 2008

According to their web site advertisement; You can cancel by going to www.purecolon1000.com.

• Am
      18th of Sep, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - Unauthorized delivery of product
    90 Gleam Street
    West Babylon
    New York
    Phone: 6316437940

I answered an advertisement for a free trial bottle of Acai Berry Supplements. Next thing I know, I get in the mail a large bottle of the same item, which I did not authorize. This is pure fraud!

• Mo
      19th of Sep, 2008

The same thing happened to me I was charged $79.76 on my charge card I also called the # they have avilable 1-888-289-8740 only thing I ever get is answering service I have recently cancelled my charge card so I will not get another unauthorized charge from this fraud company... BE CAREFUL...

25th of Sep, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - My Dr.Says I cannot take this with Cummadin
    Performance Health
    PO Box 971090
    Orem
    Utah

My Dr. says I cannot take any herbal supplements with cummadin I am presently taking. It is having a baf effect on me, and making me sick, please do not send me any more and cancel me out totally! I did not order this and I do not have to pay, please issue me a refund on my credit card.

• Ca
      26th of Sep, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - charged money for product not ordered
    performance health USA LLC
    Orem
    Utah
    Phone: 1-888-289-8740
    pureacaeberries.com

as with the other complaints against this company, I ordered the "FREE" sample with shipping charges of $4.95. About 2 weeks later I rec'd a larger bottle and my account was charged $79.76. There was no invoice included with the bottle, so I had to do more research to find the company, and of course no one answers the phone, nor do they return your calls, after leaving several messages. I am going to call the attorney general's office, something should be done about this company. They are ripping off the public and it should not be allowed. I want a refund on my account, I will be happy to return their product as it doesn't work anyway.

Carole

• Ly
      29th of Sep, 2008

Ordered a sample of Pure Acai Berry...on 9/2/08, my credit card was billed for $5.95, I still haven't received the product. Now today, 9/29/08, my bank account shows another $5.95 is pending. I've called 888-289-8740 again and again and am getting the same message, only saying it's a 30 minute wait, then the website, gohelpnow, then can't leave a message because mailbox it too full.
    I hope we can all get our money back, maybe by everyone complaining about the service, something will be done.

29th of Sep, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - unauthorized use of card
    Arizona
    Phone: 888-289-8740

I responded to a promotional on the pure acai product. They deducted 4.87 from my account.
    Next thing i know this cofmpany is deducting 74.87 from my account without my permission.
    I want my money back i have not even recieved any more products from this company. Please do something as soon as possible.

• Ri
      1st of Oct, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - False charges!
    Ohio

I requested the free trial of acai berries. $4. 95 for a free trial. Ha - yea right. . . A few days later they charged my account $79. 76!!!
    I thought that this was something new i could try. I am a mother of 5 babies and have gained a lot of weight through the pregnancies. I work full time for crap pay and go to school full time. My bank advised me to go to the wedsite "www. Gohelpnow.com" and i did that to cancel my order - the question is now is that did it actually cancel it?

I even read the fine print and they said nothing about this extra charge, and i didn't agree to anything other then $4. 95 for the free "week" trial that only actually ended up being 5 days not 7!!!

Sorry if i am not making sense, i am so upset!!!

• Ri
      2nd of Oct, 2008
    Pure Acai Berry - no way to cancel
    PureAcai Berry
    Arizona
    Phone: 888-289-8740
    pureacaiberry.com

When you call the number to cancel the product, you get a message to go to a website that doesnt work. Then if you try to cancel on the PureAcaiBerry website - it says you're not a recognized customer. This stealing!!!