puppyland / Papers

1 300 boylu roadSelden, NY, United States Review updated:

I had purchased a shih tzu 3 weeks ago and the woman told me to call her in 2 weeks after getting a vet report about my puppy she would mail me my AKC papers on the dog. I have claled and left messages and No response.I would like spunkys papers ASAP..................

Jo

Comments

• Da
      26th of Jan, 2008

Unfortunately, Sounds pretty typical for a large scale pet dealer. No legitimate breeder/seller should withhold promised AKC papers "until you get a vet report". One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Something fishy is going on, anyone on the up-and-up would have had those to you ASAP.

AKC papers are unfortunately easy to forge, easy to falsify, and unless they come from a breeder with integrity, are about as meaningful as your car's DMV registration in terms of an indication of "quality". If you paid extra for "papers" I would consider trying to get your money back if they do not produce the papers....OR if they try to produce papers from some "sham registry" (CKC, APR, etc...."papers" from these "registries" are available online for $10 to anyone, for any dog. You can register a stuffed dog online with the CKC/APR/ACA, etc...)

Here is a website for the NY State Dept. of Agriculture with some info regarding pet dealers. If you do not get your complaint resolved by this puppy mill broker, you could consider reporting them to the state:

Good luck

• Su
      15th of Jul, 2008

I have gotten two healthy shih-tzu puppies from Arl-Ray's Puppy Land. I actually highly recommend them. The woman is passionate and really cares for the pups. The AKC papers don't come right away, give it some time, they'll come in the mail!

• Ly
      27th of Nov, 2008

I hope the public will educate themselves before going to "pet stores". As with most pet stores I am sure your puppy is from a puppy mill. The stores can get away with telling you they don't purchase the pups from a puppy mills because they don't buy directly from the mill. The store purchases them from a broker, kind of a middle man. This is the reason you should opt to adopt not purchase. This way you are actually saving 2 lives they one you adopt and you will be making room for the shelter to save another life. By getting the dog from a store (puppy mill) you are just allowing the puppy mills to continue to thrive. If you want more info about puppy mills just google the words. I am sure you will be disgusted.

28th of Feb, 2009

i went into this store...the owner tried to sell me a 5 year old yorkie that she referred to as her "stud"...the dog was listless and his teeth were in really bad shape..which tells you a lot about his health./..this woman should be shut down and stopped from breeding...she is a big fat slob in a wheelchair who can't take care of herself let alone all of the poor dogs that are in her care...she also showed me a [censored]zi that had an infection on his penis...when i asked her about the yorkie's teeth her response was ' oh well they lose their teeth early'..i have two 16 year old yorkies and my sister has a 14 year old yorkie and their teeth are beutiful..because WE TAKE CARE OF OUR PETS!.she is a nightmare..take these dogs away from ms arlene fatslob!

• La
      4th of Jun, 2009

OMG, I am so glad (and yet saddened) that I saw this first. I spoke to Arlene just a couple of days ago in regards to an ad she ran in our local paper for Poodles. She told me about the male puppies she has for sale, and a 5 year old male adult, also for sale. She totally gave me the impression that she was strictly a breeder of Poodles, for like the last 35 years. She gave me NO indication that she had a Pet Store. We talked about her being disabled from MS & her being in a wheelchair. I totally felt sorry for her and wanted to buy from her because I could sympathyze with her; I too am disabled. I did mention that I thought her price of $800 a puppy was rather high for a direct breeder, but she told me she had been doing this for 35 years with no complaints. I felt so sorry for her; she sounded so sincere. I definately wanted to get at least one Poodle from her because I had just lost my baby, my Poodle, Dylan. I also was looking for a legitimate breeder who could help me get started in breeding Poodles, pure-breds, registered with papers, who could be trained to be Therapy or Companionship Dogs. I had faith in her. I am so glad I found out before I actually did commit to anything. Thank you very much.
    P.S. She did tell me that she was selling these dogs because she couldn't continue taking care of them anymore because of her MS. Of course, all the time she was totally leading me to think that she bred Poodles only and that she did it herself, so I suppose her having to close down was a lie too.