PuppyFind.com / puppy with sarcoptic mange!

I posted a message on the breeders web page letting others know that I bought a chahuahua from a breeder found on the puppyfind site. This puppy had sarcoptic mange I faxed Jessica from puppyfind documents from the vet stating the puppy had mange. I was very upset when this message was then removed. It is not fair to other family's who will purchase a puppy from this bredder and have to go through what we did. They should at least have the heads up on this situation. Kind of funny only positive messages are displayed!!

Comments

• St
      13th of Jan, 2008

Puppyfind allows breeders to remove all negitive posts. Due to breeders abusing other breeders. But the consumer is the one that gets ripped off. You can do several things. #1 Change your email address every time your post is removed and repost.#2 Every time your post is removed contact puppyfind and demand that they repost your message. You will have to complaint big time, all the time!!. Tell them you will start posting negetive comments about them and you will turn them in to the better business bureau of the state they are located in. That is what i had to do.. I was a total ### and i got my way. the breeder i got riped off by is not selling dogs and was just sued and lost. We need to protect each other!!! Good Luck..

• Me
      24th of Jan, 2008

What do you expect when dealing with irresponsible, BYB bred dogs? A brief look at the website shows low quality, overpriced dogs and not a health clearance in sight.

No decent breeder would be caught dead on a site like that.

• Ka
      12th of Mar, 2008

http://www.online4love.com is the primary way my husband and I meet likeminded "friends with benefits." There's no uncomfortable wondering if you ought to approach someone, you already know upfront when you meet them, and it is definitely worth the extra cost of becoming silver/gold imo, so you can exchange notes or pics before meeting and make sure its a good fit.

My hubby is str8 and I am bi and we have had no problem finding partners on online4love.com. We've had fun sex with lots of single men, single women and full swap couples that we met on O4L. And yes, I'm real, and no, I don't work for O4L or think they're perfect (they can be pricey and they goober up email sometimes,) but I think they're the best thing going by far for meeting other people who just want to have sex without strings!

For those complaining about the cost—ok, I agree, but I think you get what you pay for. I pretty much don't write people unless I can see what they look like and all, not because I'm shallow or a snob but because I want to know THEY'RE for real too and don't trust blank profiles...can you blame me? Also, it can be risky to contact people to swing with! Are they my boss? My brother? Twice my age? You get my drift. I’d like to know who I’m initiating a conversation with! The extra cost put into a good profile helps narrow down those you want to meet. How long do you pause on a profile that does not show a picture? (Faces can always be “smudged” until you know each other better to avoid embarrassing compromises.) And, although we are admittedly "just after recreational sex", part of having fun is that we have to LIKE our bedpartners too, so we look for things like a sense of humor and easygoing fun nature and a “click”. (And more expensive memberships include more matching criteria and stuff, too to help the odds of getting that “click” without too much searching.) So I guess I'm saying that if you don't cough up the extra cash for a full membership, don't expect overwhelming responses. There are lots of people who post their pictures and info, so when looking for people it's easy to breeze by the ones that don't. We may miss out on meeting some great people because of it...but we meet lots of great people too.

I agree there’s a high ratio of men to women, but I don’t know why that surprises anyone. Seems expected to me—although many women love sex, there do seem to be a lot more guys that are ok with swinging or casual sex than girls, for whatever reasons, and that’s not specific to O4L.

I definitely vote that it is worth the time and the money! We've had many a fun night of frolic thanks to connections we made on O4L. :)

• Rh
      5th of Apr, 2008

I was inquiring about a Pomeranian dog that a breeder is selling in Oregon. The dog's name is Whisper. After I insisted to know why she (the breeder) was selling Whisper she finally told me that the dog has some hair loss due to food allergies. In my opinion what she described to me was Black Skin Decease which is common in Pomeranian breed. I asked her why she didn't include that in her advertising on puppyfind.com and she got very upset with me. She became irate and insulted me. I am so glad I asked as manny questions as I did and that I insisted to know specifics about the dog. If anyone is selling an adult dog there is always a reason and is not often because they are moving or because they can no longer afford it. I made this complain to puppyfind.com and they didn't bother to respond to me.

I also got to visit a breeder in Marysville, California and I am so glad I did. She turned out to be a back yard breeder and most of her dogs where not to the breed standard. She had so many dogs in 3 wire hand made kennels 2 of which where 3X3 and 1 was 4X4. The kennels set on dirt and she had over flowed the water bowl and now the dogs where siting in mudd. Since they are Pomeranians and have long coats they appeared to be matted and they were filthy. The dog she wanted to sell me was 6 months old, she claimed it was 4 1/2 lbs, which she wasn't, had a severe under bite and had absolutely no shots or deworming. My husband told me that I can not buy a dog from out of State or a dog that we can't drive to pick up and see the home where they are being bred and the parents.

• Ro
      20th of Jul, 2008

I'm a 13 yr. old that really wanted a puppy, mom and dad decided that they would let me get an english bulldog. We emailed three different people with three different emails and got the same message from all three of them saying hat they are a reverend, that is goin to west africa. And i agree that this is not a good website to get and animal from because the breeders turn out to sound like scammers, who just want your money. I also agree that they should have to tell al details about the dog good or bad because the buyer should be informed. My mother and father agrred to let me write out what i thought about the situation. =[

• Ca
      19th of Aug, 2008

I feel that there isn't alot of complaints for the amount of dogs that are listed on Puppy find which to me is a good thing. The old saying Buyer Beware holds true today more than ever. If the Breeder is a GOOD breeder they will always stand behind their dogs. When purchasing a dog from out of state it should always be vet checked first and has to be inorder to be shipped so why wasn't problems picked up at the vets pryor to shipment? As the new owner you have the right to be able to talk to the vet and or should be receiving all of the vets paper work. Always ask for a current picture of your new puppy/dog with the date and your name on it hanging from its collar. That way you can see what you are buying. If your dog/puppy seems too good to be true and the price is way less than the average then you need to think about that too. Don't be in a hurry to buy always e-mail several times before making your purchase and get to know the person alittle first.

• Li
      6th of Nov, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING, I MYSLEF AND A REPUTABLE BREEDER OF HEALTHY AKC STANDARD POMERANIANS FOR OVER 19 YEARS AND I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED MYSELF ...TWICE! I ASKED ALL THE RIGHT QUESTIONS AND STILL GOT A VERY ILL PUPPY FROM A BIG TIME BREEDER IN MICHIGAN! THE PUPPY WAS SICK WITH PARVO WITHIN 72 HRS OF HIM ARRIVING. SHE EVEN ADMITTED THAT HER DOGS CAME DOWN WITH IT AND IT HAD COME FROM HER HOUSE, SHE BEGGED ME FOR HELP TO TRY AND SAVE HER DOGS BECUASE SHE HAD ALREADY SPENT THE $1200.00 I HAD SENT HER FOR MY DOG. AFTER IT WAS ALL OVER SHE BASICLY TOLD ME TO GO TO HE** THAT IT WAS AN ACCIDENT AND SHE DINT MEAN TO SEND ME A SICK DOG, AND I WOULDNT BE GETTING A DIME FROM HER! ALL OF MY DOGS WERE HEALTHY AND HAPPY UNTILL HE ARRIVED HERE AND THEN THE NIGHTMARE BEGAN! I LOST 5 PUPPIES AND ONE ADOLESCENT DOG (MANY OTHER GOT SICK BUT WERE SAVED EASILY BECAUSE I DO VACCINATE AND WOM AND I USE THE BEST I CAN NUY FOR MY BABIES!)
    WHEN I NOTIFIED PUPPYFIND ABOUT THE SITUATION AND THEY BLEW ME OFF...THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A "CIVIL MATTER" SHE TOOK DOWN HER ADS RIGHT AWAY BUT NOW THEY STILL LET HER ADVERTISE KNOWING I HAD GOTTEN A VERY SICK PUPPY WITH A DEADLY COMMUNICABLE VIRUS FROM HER! TO ME THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS! I HAD ALL THE DOCUMENTS TO PROVE THAT SHE ADMITTED IT IN EMAILS AND ALL MY VET BILLS WHICH WERE ABOUT $3, 000.00 NOT TO MENTION MY BEAUTIFUL DOGS I LOST THAT WERE MY BABIES AND IRREPLACEABLE AND I HAD TO WATCH THEM SUFFER (YES I WAS AT THE VETS NIGHT AND DAY HELPING THEM) ALL THE BEDDING AND TOYS AND SUPPLIES I HAD TO THROW AWAY BECUSE OF THIS TERRIBLE VERY CONTAGIOUS VIRUS. THE PUPPT I WAS SENT WAS 13 WEEKS OLD AND ONLY HAD ONE VACCINATION ...RIGHT BEFORE HE WAS SHIPPED TO ME...SOOOOOOOO AS THE OTHER PERSON SAID DO YOUR HOMEWORK GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND BUYER BEWARE BECUASE THE PEOPLE AT PUPPYFIND DONT CARE AS LONG AS THEY GET THIER MONEY TO ADVERTISE TO THEM ITS ALL GOOD!

FYI MY BABIES COME WITH A ONE YEAR CONGENTIAL DEFECT HEALTH GUARANTEE AND IF YOU DONT GET THAT IN WRITING FROM ANY BREEDER YOU DONT WANT A PUPPY FROM THEM!

• Pu
      9th of Jan, 2009

They have their contact information hidden, but it is listed on the website puppyfindfraud.com

• Ha
      22nd of Sep, 2009

Lisa Wilson Time to take a look at your own self and WRONG you have committed against others. You talk about breeding quality, but if you go and look at www.Puppyfind.com for Pomeranians in California you will see "7" litters, 2 have arrived and 5 others are due.
    Funny thing is that she has the puppies listed as Show Potential ? Just because a dog has champions in there pedigree does not mean the puppies that are to arrive will be show dogs..
    There are 2 sides to each story which Ms Wilson has conveniently left out for those who want to give her sympathy.
    On Ms. Wilson website your state that you breed for Quality not Quantity, well you just proved which one you are breeding for and IMHO IT IS THE $$$$$$ SHAME ON YOUR LISA WILSON of Heart to Heart Poms, also Toybox Poms, American Beauty Poms ect...
    I was not going to even bother to respond, but when you do not state the truth and facts that is a problem which one day you will have to answer for.