Puppy Elite Kennel / fraudulent sales practices, false advertising

Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:
This company advertised English Bulldog puppies that were AKC, microchipped, and health guaranteed. I purchased one, and never received the paperwork, after calling them several times. The puppy was not microchipped. She had entropian which required surgery, and constant itching all over her body. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Puppy Elite Kennel did not answer it. I filed a complaint with the NY Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Frauds, who said that Puppy Elite did not answer their requests for information. They are keeping my dispute paperwork on file, if anyone else files, they can put a case together showing a history of false advertising. I think that this company should sell healthy puppies, and stand behind what they advertise. I, along with others that I have read about in [redacted]s have paid around $2000.00 for one of these unhealthy english bulldog puppies.

Comments

Ap
  23rd of Jan, 2009
I to got ripped off from puppy elite .I have all the fake paper work and willing to press charges if given the chance. I feel your pain. please contact me at chino_973@yahoo.com
Ap
  23rd of Jan, 2009
long behold steve and chris change there company name to Bulldogsnyc there are located on 2277 Mcdonald Ave
Brooklyn NY 11223
347-587-4137
Fo
  3rd of Jul, 2009
I bought an English Bulldog puppy last year from them as well. Now named Bulldogs NYC. Two days after I brought my puppy home he got extremely sick. I brought him to the emergency vet hospital where they told me that he had parvo and and Gerardia. If you are not familiar with Parvo, Parvo can only be transmitted through dog to dog contact or a contaminated kennel. $15, 000 later my beautiful puppy came home and is doing great today. With that said, I've been wanting to do something to get them shut down. When this happened last year I found out that they were shut down several times under a different name, Puppies Elite. They reopened and they were investigated several times because of complaints from other people that also bought puppies with Parvo. I would really like to talk to people about their experiences, maybe together we could get them shut down. I just put another call into the ASPCA to hopefully get them investigated again. I just looked at their website and see that they have a lot of puppies for sale, not to mention that one of their dogs on their website is named Bentley, that is my dog's name. I told Chris, the guy I bought my puppy from last year that I was going to name my new puppy Bentley, he loved the name, thought it was a great name for a bulldog. Now he has listed one of his puppy's as Bentley on the website. It is such a slap in the face. I'm still very upset about what happened to me last year. They do not deserve to make money off of puppies, especially since they sell sick puppies. I don't want anyone else to go through what I went through last year. Steve promised me that he would pay for all my medical bills when I spoke to him on the phone after I found out that my puppy had parvo, then like the coward he is wouldn't return my calls. I spoke to Chris as well, and then ended up having to get a lawyer. I only got 1900 back when I just spent $15, 000. These guys should be in jail, for doing this to people but more importantly doing it to animals. I want them shut down!!!
Ho
  13th of Sep, 2010
I too had been ripped off from puppy elite. We never got out paper work, our dog was not mirco chipped. We payed $2200 for a dog Max, in fact I didn't even get the dog I picked out off the internet. But I love my dog Max as far as the health issues we haven't had to many thank god. We brink him to the vet every few months for check ups. But buyers beware, what you have read here is completly true. Do not buy a dog from these people. It will happen to you.