puppies234.com / Rude puppy breeders

Jamesburg, NJ, United States Review updated:
4.15

I had ben searching online for toy breed puppies and came across this website. WWW.PUPPIES234.com. It seemed legitimate and like a good place to buy a puppy, and the prices were reasonable. The breeders and secretary work out of their homes and ask that you only call between 10 am and 9 pm and no calls on holidays. My first phone call was to find out if indeed they were legitimate and what the process was to purchase a puppy. The woman who answered the phone was very abrupt and cold...she told me to call back after I picked out a puppy from the website. On 9/2/08 new puppies were posted on the website. My 7 year old daughter fell in love with an adorable 10 week old yorkie/poodle mixed named Betty. At approximately 4:30 pm I made a phone call regarding the dog..the same nasty woman answered and before I could get my complete sentence out she "huffed" and told me rudley that I "would have to call back in 5 minutes" so I waited and called back..this time she got even nastier..she huffed and puffed again and RUDELY said "I'm on my way out you'll have to call back after 5:30" so I politely asked if this was the only number I could call & she said "yes" again really nasty..I was so angry at this point (b/c all I wanted to do was get information about purchasing one of the dogs) so I said "Can I ask another question, why are you being so rude to me?" So she replied "Then don't buy a dog from us, how do you like that?" Well I was fuming at this point! I understand that they are working out of their homes and that life gets in the way...but she could have politely told me that she was busy and asked politely for me to call back or took my number so that she could call back when she had a moment. they also have an answering machine, so if she was so busy she couyld have let the machine answer. So after I hung up I had to explain to my 7 year old that we could not get the dog. She cried for almost an hour, then she disassembled the little "area" she set up for the dog to sleep in. She begged me to try again...I told her we would look for another dog, but she had her heart set on Betty. So I swallowed my pride and called back around 7:30 pm. I got the same woman..she was again very cold, and she took my information and told me that the dog was mine and she would call back after she had dinner to go over everything. Later that evening my husband was on the phone & someone from puppies234.com called back and left a message. Her name was Diana Colella, and she basically told me that because "I" was rude to her secretary they didn't want to sell me the dog. She told me that she threw out my information and that I should go elsewhere. My complaint about this organization is that they have animals that they are trying to sell to good homes, but yet they aren't courteous enough to even give out information regarding these dogs. This was a horrible experience, and my daughter is crushed!! I would not recommend this website to anyone!!!
Va

Comments

Mm
  15th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had a very similar experience with puppies 234.com!

We were interested in a particular dog and this past July I called the telephone number listed on the site and also spoke to avery rude woman.

After this very unsatisfying conversation, I hung up and decided not to do business with her.

Shortly thereafter we were able to rescue a local Bichipoo very similar to the one pictured on puppies234.com.
Ro
  21st of Sep, 2008
I agree that she was very rude and when you would call she was very mean even though she would tell you to call back. But my children fell in love with a dog also and I bit my tongue and was nice. We did get a dog from puppies 234 and he was delivered by a very nice woman and she went over everything you needed to know about the puppy. The puppy we got is very well mannered and smart. I'm glad we stuck it out because we really got a great dog.
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We got 2 pupies from there, our family got one and our neighbor 4 weeks later. Great puppies, clean, socialized and very professional operation. As far as the lady that answers the phone, if you are rude or impatient or pushy she will not deal with you. She will be rude right back. I am sure she answers the phone alot. If you dont take the time to read over the website and just call up with silly dunb questions ...she will not help you.
De
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I am the operator your speaking of and you were rude to me first and sighed sloffed at me on the phone when I told you to please give me a call back as I was walking out the door. So I was rude right back to you and asked you not to call back. But you thought you would call back and try to get a puppy from us with another phone number and name ??????? Thats why we cancelled you becuase you lied to us and were sneaky. Plus your little statement above...is not all true, you have lied and exaggerated about what was said, I am glad we did not sell you one of our babies. Why dont you tell the whole story.
This year alone I have spoke to about 14, 200 people on the phone. Some of you puppy shoppers are impatient. I will not make time for these type of people. I am honest, straight forward and helpful to those who are polite, patient and *dont treat us like a petstore. Whats your name ? Shanta Lemons ?
Ha
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
In reading the post from Dee who says she is the operator - you say you have taken 14, 200 call this year alone ??!! If only 1/4 of those calls purchased puppies - that would be 3550 puppies sold - at an average of $300 ?? that comes to $1, 065, 000 - and according to your website - you make 25% of the sales - so you've made $266, 250 this year... I would think you could be a little more cordial for that kind of money.
Sounds like a sophisticated puppy mill to me.
By the way - are these profits reported to the IRS?
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am the operator not the owner. My pay is none of your business. Everyones licensed, everyones income is reported, how can it *not be, ... its recorded with the state. I can tell by what you are saying that you are ignorant. This is what I am talking about when I say rude-azz people call sometimes. How do you know what the ratio is for the amount of callers and the amount of buyers. You are way off. I can answer the phone 50 times a day and only have 1 sale. People call ...just to call. Call at 11pm, call at 6am, call on mothers day and get mad when you can only talk for a few minutes. Call 5 times in a row when your in the shower, cant leave a message, just hang up and dial back 5 times in a row. How can we be a puppy mill ??? Thats just stupid to say. Obviously you cannot read. If you think we are doing something we are not suppose to be doing, then get off line and pick up the phone and report us !!!
Ma
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I READ THIS ON HERE YESTERDAY, DOING RESEARCH ABOUT WHERE I WAS BUYING MY PUPPY FROM FIRST. BUT TODAY I BOUGHT A WHITE COCKAPOO FROM PUPPIES234.COM. I DROVE FROM ROCHESTER TO FREWSBURG NY WHERE I PICKED UP MY PUPPY FROM A VERY NICE OLDER COUPLE. SPOTLESS HOUSE, BEAUTIFUL DOGS, THEY OWNED 1 POODLE AND 4 COCKER SPANIELS. DEE GAVE ME DIRECTIONS DISMORNING, SHE WAS NEVER RUDE. GRANTED SHE DID ASK ME TO CALL BACK THE VERY FIRST TIME I CALLED THEY WERE EATING DINNER. WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT 5 TIMES, SHE WAS ALWAYS HELPFUL. EXCUSED HERSELF ANOTHER TIME CAUSE SHE WAS DOING YARDWORK. BUT THE HOUSE I WENT TO BUY MY NEW PUPPY, WAS NO PUPPY MILL. I WOULD RECCOMEND THEM TO ANYONE. MY PAPERWORK WAS PROFESSIONAL, EVERYONE WAS. MY PUPPY WAS CLEAN AND VERY SOCIALIZED. tHE WHOLE REASON I CAME BACK TO COMMENT WAS BECAUSE I HAVE WORKED AS AN OPERATOR FOR 14 YEARS AT VERIZON. ITS TERRIBLE. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN THE AMERICAN SHOPPER. SOMEONE USED THE WORDS IMPATIENT ABOVE ME, GOOD CHOICE OF WORDS. PEOLE WORK HARD AND USUALLY THE PUBLIC IS PRETTY RUDE !! BEFORE VERIZON I WORKED AT JCPENNYS FOR 8 YEARS, PEOPLE TREATED ME LIKE I WAS A SLAVE. NEVER SAID THANKYOU OR EXCUSE ME.
  23rd of Sep, 2008
I bought, well i am going to buy one this weekend and my girlfriend too. I got their number from my boss who has bought 2 dogs from them over the past two years. I had no problems with Dee, she gave me alot of info and went over everything with me over the phone and I was quite impressed woth how informational she was and helpful. I like how the women above mentioned she has been an operator for a long time and how rude people are. Well I work for an Insurance company and I agree. I am from england and the American shopper as someone else put it is quite demanding. Very impolite. I had no problems with Dee or the other operator, Meri. I will write again after we get out puppies this coming weekend.
St
  24th of Sep, 2008
I had no problems with Dee and I have talked to her about 8 times. A couple times she asked me to call back, once during dinner and the other she was heading out the door and promised to call me back. I went yesterday and picked up a shipoo puppy not from her but i got the directions from her. I got a shipoo puppy from a young couple with 3 kids and they lived in Warren pa. Clean house, the puppy was friendly and clean. They had maybe 5 or 6 dogs, all inside and all greeted me with friendly demeanor. It was a nice three hour drive for me, but the price was great and the puppy came with its first two shots which saved me a little money. I thought the site was great, the service was great, the puppy is good, went to vet today, got a clean bill of health. I am totally happy and glad my pastor gave me their number and website. Sometimes you just cant please everyone. No matter what you say or do someone will complain about something. In my opinion, Dee is someone who is very forward and I can see how people would take that the wrong way. Hey i say if you dont like it, go to petstore if you want someone to kiss your butt and beg you to buy their puppy. These people seem more like, they choose you, not you choose them. And if they had bad intentions of any kind, they would sell to anyone that calls, not be so choosy. I sell cars for a living, wish i could choose my customers.
De
  27th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I also had dealings with Dee awhile back in regard to 2 rescue puppies they had-particularly a chihuahua named Jillian. I was interested in the dgo but she was sa rude that it really put me off. When you are spending money for whatever it may be you ask a lot of questions-especially a rescue dog.
I think if you're going to be doing that work you need to be personable. I realize that she has a family and must be busy but how do you expect to sell puppies with that kind of attitude???
Ai
  2nd of Oct, 2008
I disaagree with all the negative responses towards Dee. I was watching the puppies 234 website for over 2 months for looking for a shitzu. Finally they posted the shitzu dogs on sunday and i called dee on monday it was to late they were all gone. I was really upset. Dee explained to me that the dogs go very fast i have to keep watching and call as soon as the puppies pictures are posted up. That was the end so i thought. Dee called me back about 2 hours later and asked if i had called for the shitzu earlier, i said yeah she said well someone changed their mind on 1 of the puppies do i still want 1. I said yeah she told me the name of the puppy i looked on the website and told her i will take that puppy. Dee was never nasty to me and she didnt have to call me back i never gave her my phone number. Im sure she got it from caller id. Thanks dee.
Je
  6th of Oct, 2008
I first contacted puppies234 with questions about two of the puppies, they were very nice to me whe i told them the pup that I was interested in, she said she would call me baci and get all my information the next day by noon. Well I did not wait untill noon and called her, I did nto want to lose the puppy to someone else, she was busy and said she would call me later which she did and took all my information, she was vey nice. The puppy arrived and it was everything as stated on the web site. very clean, friendly and well socialized. I love this pup. I took her to the vets today and was told that she is very healthy, friend and what a wonderful dog she will be for me, just what I wanted to hear. I have no complaints about any one with whome I dealt with on puppies 234, would not hesitate to purchase another puppy from them
Te
  7th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Uggh, I called this rude woman too.. I said...I'm calling on your puppies(for the heck of it.. to see what they would say) I said I dont have a computer.. as she directed me abrubtly to go to a computer to see the puppies.. She got very nasty and said WELL THEN I CANT HELP YOU IF YOU DONT HAVE A COMPUTER.. they obviously are a bunch of puppy millers if you cant go and get the puppy from their home.. RUDE and IGNORANT.. Ya they are frustrated.. because educated people aren't going to buy into their scam.
Ha
  8th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
It obvious from the web site, you are buying a mixed breed, and paying alot of money for it !! If their male and female dogs were so great why wouldn't they breed a purebred and get more money? Because everyone knows what a purebreed is supposed to look like and by selling "mixed" no one is the wiser as to what they are actually getting. Also their website says they want knowledgable owners. They don't even take the time to ask if you have a fenced yard or if you live in a teepee!!! All that matters is that you buy - I have to agree with a comment above - I think this is a fancy puppy farm website.
Re
  14th of Oct, 2008
this is no puppy mill!!...these pups are raised in the breeders homes...not cages..they are well socialized, gentle, loving puppies!!...i purchased a male mini poodle back in august...his name is bradley!...i got exactly what i saw on the website...he is an outstanding well behaved pup...and very healthy!...this puppy obviously came from a home that showed him alot of love and attention!...as far as dee...this woman takes loads of calls throughout the week...and if you read the site before you call her..you will realize this is her home you are calling...she has kids, dogs, and responsibilities of her own to attend with...she has never been rude...yes she had to return my call a couple times, she made sure when she called me back she had time to talk to me...and answer all my questions...and i got what i was promised...a beautiful puppy who because of this network and the love they give to their puppies, has become a welcomed part of our family...thank you so much for bradley!!
La
  14th of Oct, 2008
Well i have to say puppies 234 was very nice to me . I had just lost my dog a month ago and i had never purchased a animal on line. They were very helpful and kind. People have to realize these people are trying to find good homes for these puppies, they do not have to sell to anyone they do not wish too. When people call them they have to realize they are calling someones home and there life does not revolve around them. I can say i would definetly buy another puppy from them because the one i received is AWESOME. People forget about how to be kind and considerate to other human beings and just are very demanding and think the whole world owes them something. So i say good for you puppies 234, don't take anyones crap. Thank you so much for the wonderful puppy.
Lo
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Why is everyone here saying that when they got their puppy from this massive breeding operation called www.puppies234.com that their puppies were "socialized"???? ALL puppies are socialized because they have never been breeding dogs or kept confined for years on end. Does anyone here care about their parents, esp the moms who are producing their puppies day in and out till they are worn out and just tossed away to be replaced by another puppy producer. Anyone, and I mean anyone, knows that reputable breeders are ONLY those where you can see the moms and/or dads on the premises and the owners are extremely vigilant about who gets their precious pups. This is a massive puppy mill operation no matter what any of you say, including the owners and breeders! What breeder would advertise their own puppies on the internet and let anyone adopt their pup???? And then they will even deliver them to you as long as you have the cash in your hand? I cannot believe that these ###s can sell you this pile of crap. This is so infuriating!!! So many of you believe that these are reputable dealers. Oh my God, look at all the dogs they are selling!!! Trust me, all online dealers sell you the same line of crap. They never show you where the moms and dads are...ever. So you see their nice little house, cute little pics of the same puppies...BiG stinkin' deal. Just ask yourself how you would act if you bred your dog? Online, selling them by the buckets??? I cannot believe the naivete of the American public...they will fall for any line of BS as long as it results in instant gratification for themselves or their kid who needs the puppy now. By the way, did anyone see on their website that they will sell to brokers or pet stores??? Hello, people...do you need to know more????
Re
  15th of Oct, 2008
excuse me...you obviously cant read...puppies234 WILL NOT SELL TO BROKERS OR PETSTORES!!!...THEY SELL TO LOVING LIFELONG HOMES ONLY!!...and as a costomer purchasing a puppy, you have the option of having your puppy delivered, or going to the breeders home to pick up the puppy...and parents are on premises...the parents are the breeders pets!...this network is regestered with the state!!...and socialized means these pups have grown up around human beings that have handled them and showed love and affection to...a puppy mill puts the pups in cages, most the time the first time they see another human is when they are purchased...these puppies are raised in the breeders home...and as far as the momma dog, they go into heat twice a yr, i highly recommend this network...and someday will buy from them again...until then we are loving our mini poodle...and thank you again for such a great puppy...as my vet put it...bradley is a very healthy beautiful pup!!!
Ch
  17th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I haven't adopted my puppy yet but hoping to soon. I spoke w/ Dee briefly regarding a puppy about 2 weeks ago. She was very nice. I was interested in 3 different babies, disappointingly for me all 3 had already been adopted. I've read the website (all of it) over and over since I spoke w/ Dee. I can probably recite it by heart. I'm patiently waiting for November 9th for my next opportunity. I'm sure I will speak w/ Dee again and if she is busy I have no doubt that she will call me back when she is not busy. Personally I would rather speak w/ her when she is not busy that way she has time to share information. Oh, and to the photographer--I absolutely love the way the puppies are portrayed and all the information that is given with each one. It is very helpful.
Te
  19th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
sounds to me like they need to get a new person to answer the phone.. There are enough complaints where I'd just get rid of her. I mean if I was trying to sell a puppy I'd make sure I was cordial to people.. Anyone in any kind of business knows you have to put up with people and bite your tongue.. alot of times.. Thats part of owning a business. I also called on a puppy here and had the same kind of rude response from her.