Pune Municipal Transport / Poor service!

1 India Review updated:

I'd like to throw a bunch of flaming red remarks against PMT and its b****ly, f***in drivers and conductors. Yesterday Wednesday 12th September 2007, between 8:40 PM to 9:15 PM. Myself and my mom were waiting for the bus. To our relief the bus arrived soon. I got into the bus through the back door. My Mom is old and she decided to get into the bus via the front door since it was close to her. When I got into the bus I noticed that my mom had not climbed the bus yet and got a little worried.

In just a few seconds, I heard my mom scream. I got so angry that I started yelling and giving badwords to the conductor and driver mad***hot and bhe***hot etc. The bus stopped and I saw that my mother had fallen near the foot path. Luckily she landed on her hands and she dragged herself away from the bus. Otherwise it would have been a hopeless and horrible incident. I just cant describe it.

The driver and conductor and all the people got out of the bus. I helped mom stand on her feet again, and then we all started showering filthy badwords at the PMT bus driver and conductor. Some people were even so angry that they would have beaten both the PMT driver and conductor black and blue. But since, my mom got minor injuries we all got into the bus. I have noted down the registration number of the bus and the time I got into the bus.

This is not the first time I am seeing it. I have noticed many times that before the all the people get into the bus the conductor rings the bell and the bus starts off. The people who are strong and who can get in, are safe but the old people especially ladies who are mostly clad in punjabi suits or sarees are the ones who fall off the bus. Falling off the bus even at a speed of 5 KMPH can be disastrous and can cause severe head injuries.

Another dastardly thing that I have noticed is that when the PMT bus arrives at the stop it doesn't stop completely, its dragging along the bus stop. People who can run and climb the bus get in, the other people are left behind. Some old people try to get in and then meet with disastrous accidents.

Dastardly technique number 2: When the bus starts, the PMT driver releases the clutch quickly and races the accelerator because of which there is a sudden jerk in the reverse side. This happens because the bus engine is very powerful and it throws a lot of torque. And if people are still climbing the bus, they are bound to fall down and die.

When you fall down when climbing a bus, your presence of mind is gone. The next thing your mind does is to get you up. In that moment if your legs were to be in the path of the rear wheels. Then god save you. Because you will be dead meat within split second.

Is this what PMT is meant for. Is this a safe Public Transport mechanism or a Killing Machine. This thing has to be stopped, before innocent people lose their lives. PMT needs to install speed governors in all the PMT buses. PMT buses are meant for safe public transport and not for road racing. I hope the Pune mayor understands this thing.

Kh

Comments

Gr
  31st of Oct, 2007

Puneties will appreciate if you recruit people with some good background, decent and well mannered and who have importance of time as due this deficiency people commuting with the PMT bus suffer a lot even college going students have to face problems. Due to the illiteracy of the drivers and conductors of the PMT even ill mannered and illiterate passengers form a group and encourage the drivers and conductors to create problems college going girls and office going ladies.

I would really appreciate if PCMTL will follow the above.

Si
  3rd of Dec, 2007

1.No buses at regular timings after 9.15am from SWARGATE from KOTHRUD DEPOT.
2.Buses are irregular & skip some stops,due to which the rush increases.
3.Drive rash cannot accomodate all passengers.
4.Ladies have to face a tough time
5.Better to start MAHILA buses for SWARGATE as it is for CORPORATION. This will make the situation bit easy.

Sr
  24th of Jun, 2009

Hello Sir, This is Srinivasa Reddy, i am working as a software Developer in CE-N Systems, Pune. in PMT one of the Conductor behavior is very werst his Details are ::
Name : Jadhav,
ID : C1107
Route : MANAPA (CORPORATION TO SUBHAM)
132/2
M.215
He is Beating Me without any Reason pls take some Action to him. other wise its very very bad to all peoples. His Language also very worst, His behaving like street Rowdy pls take action on him

Thanks&Regards
T Srinivasa reddy
91-9049003775
software Developer
Pune...

Ap
  15th of Jul, 2009
Pune Municipal Transport - BUS DRIVER IN A HURRY, WHERE TO??
India

pune - sainath PMT DRIVER OF BUS NO.1203 OF DATE WAS NOT READY TO STOP FOR PASSENGERS. EITHER HE HAD TO GO TO THE LOO OR WAS GOING THROUGH AN EMERGENCY.

WHATEVER THE REASON, HE COULD NOT MAKE THE VEHICLE WAIT FOR A PASSENGER TO ENTER IN THE BUS.

Vi
  4th of Jan, 2011

yes m totaly agree with that they never wait for passenger and unless they stop the bus but not infront of stand they stop more that 50 mtr than bus stand

Ga
  8th of Mar, 2013

The bus conductor do not return remaining money like 1 or 2 rs.
I will suggest to pmt authority that they start coupon for this 1 or 2 rs which we can pay to PMT to improve its.
I don't want to keep it with bus conductor.

Ab
  11th of Mar, 2013

Conducors are cheating people with wrong tickets and even intentionally harras people for change. Today I travelled from VITS Hotel to Wakad Bridge and I was charged INR 9.00 where the ticket was from Shivsagar to Wakad Police Stn. which is no way close to my boarding point and getting down point. Many times this happens. I will like to lodge a official complaint against these people. PMT management is careless else they can easily control this.
I hate this terrible service by PMT and their staff. Please stop being so nerd and do punish such driver/conductors.