Pulte Homes / wrong size air conditioner

7000 Nordalpino Ave, Las Vegas, NV, United States
Phone: 702-287-4407

The motor and compressor went out on my A/C unit after only six years on 19 June 2015. So I called the repair guys (Cool Air Now) and they fixed it. Then on 27 June 2015, the A/C went out again and they couldn't fix it. Then the service manager came out on 28 June 2015 and told me that my a/c unit is too small for this house. The size of my home is 1780 square feet, and anything over 1600 square feet requires a 5 ton unit and Pulte installed a 3.5 ton unit in my home and that is why I have hot spots and it finally burned out my motor and compressor. The repair guy says that the coil needs to be replaced as well in the attic. I also am supposed to have two vents in the master bedroom because of the size of the room and I only have one.

The resolution I would like to have done, is for Pulte to replace my a/c unit and coil and all the duct work required along with the proper installation of another vent in the master bedroom. It is too hot in Las Vegas, Nevada and too expensive to keep repairing the problem. The current temperature right now is 114 degrees, this is unacceptable for these conditions. I would also like to be reimbursed for the cost of repairs and parts to the a/c unit during this time.

Sa