Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach / High Pressure Presentation

"Pressured" into buying a Timeshare at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort and Spa.

My husband and I were on vacation in Cabo San Lucas for our wedding anniversary in 2006. We attended a timesahare presentation and we were subjected to a high pressure, and very convincing presentation, by a salesman called COREY LOWE.

We felt manipulated in believing that we were making a great financial investment even after we expressed to Mr. Lowe that we already had a Timeshare and we were in no postion financially to purchase another Timeshare. We were told that we had to make a decision as we would not be able to purchase at this price in the future or execute the contract at a later date without traveling back to Mexico to sign the necessary paperwork.

Seeing that we were stll hesitant, Mr. Lowe decided to show usaround the resort by pointing out the amenities such as the spa, restaunrants, pools and floor plans. After the tour, we were escorted once again to the patio where the high pressure presentation began. After being pitched to for over, Lowe assured us that we were making a sound financial decision and stated that we wpuld be missing out on a a chance of a lifetime because Cabo San Lucas is the most popular destination to vacation in the world and that not only could we rent our unit for a sustancial fee we would have no problem renting it out because there is a waiting list for Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.

I have numerour times tried to rent and sell my Timeshare. In desperation of getting out of this contract payed listing companies (companies that Mr. Lowe said are the best) who promised us they could help us, only to find that they too were scamming us. This purchase has cuased us financial hardship and no longer are we able to pya the maintenance fees.

We need to warn as many people as we can, please If someone have information about this business, please contact me back, I will appreciate it.

Vig.

Vi

Comments

• Ca
      19th of Jul, 2009

I find it a bit strange that you have taken a full 3 years to decide to slander your salesperson (with whom you have never tried to contact and discuss your dissatisfaction) who prides himself on selling a first-class product such as Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach. The resort has and continues to rate as one of the top resorts in the world by both RCI and Conde' Nast traveler as well as top ratings on Trip advisor. Many of our owners have had great success renting their weeks on such websites as VacationRentalsByOwner or RedWeek.com. And there are numerous timeshare resale companies out there and I'm sure they don't appreciate being slandered either.

• Vi
      20th of Jul, 2009

Check this page and discover the truth, this person is protecting oneself from the timeshare fraud. Look for Old Skool Surfer ...

Vig.

• Ca
      20th of Jul, 2009

No, Ms Garry, this salesman is protecting himself from your slanderous statements regarding his character. I have worked for this company for 11 years and this is the first time I have had to do so.

• Ev
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I just wanted to say that we own 1 week at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach and we absolutely love it. We will be returning for our 2nd time as owners and 3rd time in Cabo. Outside of the noisy transports that run up and down from building to building and the high prices for food you can't beat Publo bonito Sunset Beach. As far as Corey and the rest of the sales sharks they are making a living trying to sell you something that you don't need; every place in Mexico that we have stayed uses the same high pressure sales people and tactics to sell their product. They lie and and then try to demean you into buying, some people fall for it and others walk away with or without the free stuff and a $14000 to $240000 timeshare that they will use or won't. My advice to anyone traveling to Mexico, keep your wit about you and walk away if you begin to feel the pressure. Enjoy the free meal and if you are really interested in vacationing in Mexico look at alll the timeshares and condos for rent or for sale for a fraction of the asking price. You bought it, enjoy it. The reality is that Carey Lowe and the other Carey Lowes get this complaint constantly but he has a job because he got you to buy that extra thing that you don't really need or want and chances are that this isn't the first time you have purchased something you don't really need or want.

EV USA

• Ol
      2nd of Nov, 2009

thank you EV USA, You are absolutely right. If people only bought things they NEEDED, the world would be a pretty boring place. The fact that there are timeshares that you can rent means someone like like me sold them one. The reality is that 99% of my owners are happy, and return to Cabo every year for vacation
    Carey Lowe, Cabo San Lucas

• Mk
      30th of Nov, 2009

Mr. Lowe,
    If you have worked for this company for 11 years, maybe you can help me resolve my situation with Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. My husband and I also purchased a timeshare. We did not feel overly pressured, but we were promised things that we now find out are not true. I hate to have sales people slandered for no reason, so maybe you can enlighten us.

Mark Schaub was our salesman, he sold us a bi annual jr suite, plus 4 bonus weeks per year allowing us to rent
    at these prices: jr suite $50 per night, 1 bedroom $75 per night, 2 bedroom $100 per night and penthouse suite $125 per night at any affiliated location. We specifically looked in the San Diego area and assured me that a Dana Point was included in the 4 bonus weeks. He told us we could also stay our 4 bonus weeks at the Sunset Beach, Blanco or Rose for these prices or hundreds of other locations in the book he provided us.

We are now being told that they cannot give these prices at all. We do not have 4 bonus weeks, all we can do is sign onto the Premier website and see what we can find. I even have an email from Mark Schuab stating specifically that we have 4 BONUS WEEKS.

Pueblo Bonito should not allow their sales people to flat out lie to sell a timeshare. We only purchased the time share to rent out in the rental program (supposedly guaranteed) and to use our 4 bonus weeks. Now we have a jr suite at a resort that we really did not want to stay at and NO bonus weeks, which was our reason for purchasing.

Mark Schaub does not work for Pueblo Bonito any longer and so will not help us resolve this. The front desk just keeps telling us to call Premier, who does not recognize any such thing as 4 bonus weeks.

Can you offer us some professional guidance in order to maintain your positive reputations as Pueblo Bonito sales reps?

• Am
      19th of Mar, 2012

any sale associate that is willing to sell you a membership with the purpose to renting it out is because its running out of excuses to sell you the membership, if the sale associate will allow you to read the contract before signing it, there is a clause stating that if you are doing the purchase of the membership for the solid purpose of invest to get money out of it, that you should reconsider the purchase at all.

here is an article talking about the lies and the real facts about the rental business of the timeshare

• Dr
      18th of Aug, 2015

I had the exact same experience! Carey is a liar! I'm embarrassed and appalled that I got scammed!

• Fr
      4th of Jan, 2017

We were lied to when we bought a time share from pueblo bonito sunset beach save your money.