Publix / loud obnoxious music

1 Melbourne, FL, United States Review updated:

Please consider a change in your music selections for food shoppers. Right now I run in and run out - FAST- picking up the two-fers only because the so-called "music" puts me in a Very BAD MOOD. I can't wait to get out!

Some palatable or lighter strains of listening moods are plentiful and available. Why not accommodate your shopping clientile instead of 20 or 30 year old people? Many of my friends also wish for this change. You want customers happy while shopping and certainly feel somewhat happy when they leave. I never feel that way when I leave any Publix.

I"ve made this comment to people at the service desks from time to time with their comment to me that we have no control over this. We just tune it out."

Sorry, but my friends and I can't do this and shouldn't have to choose that option.

If your excuse is to please the workers while they do their job, please consider the pleasing of the customers who are spending their hard-earned money for groceries.

Majority rules, I hope, in this case. Thank you for your time and consideration.

I might add that Publix is rated high in my book for their store presence and friendliness and organization of stock items.
But, I'm going to have to make a choice whether I continue to shop Publix in the future. Would you plese respond to this e-mail. Thank you.

Comments

Ke
  4th of Aug, 2009

Your tastes in music may not be the same as other shoppers, and I doubt Publix is choosing the music for the employees pleasure.

Generally supermarkets play middle of the road pop, which is soft and slow, as its name implies, middle of the road. I've never been in a Publix where hip-hop, dance, rock or country was played over the speakers.

If the music is your biggest complaint, then you should be grateful.
However, while you may not perceive 20-30 years as the patrons of this particular store, be aware, that age demographic spends generously and buys high mark up items more readily than older groups. Also, by 30, they are buying to feed families often, not just for themselves or a couple, so why should this age group not be accomodated, they pay for your lowball purchases.

Ja
  25th of Sep, 2009

your stupid, if you dont like it then dont go there. Thats whats wrong with Americans today.

Rc
  25th of Oct, 2009

I can't believe some of the ###ed ### stuff people really have to complain about while shopping. I highly doubt most people, employees included, enjoy most of the music played there. If the music is the only thing you have to ### about, why don't you go on down to wal mart and shop with all the smelly, loud, obnoxious, low quality people that shop there and then tell me how much that really sucks. Get over it.

Fl
  13th of May, 2010

Old people are never happy. They think once they reach a certain age they can complain about everyone and be disrespectful from them. 5 year olds behave better. Do your shopping and tune out the music.

Ge
  1st of Aug, 2010

you seriously complained about music played at a grocery store... congratulations... you are the biggest DOUCHER ive come across on this site. [censor] you and shop some where else.

St
  15th of Aug, 2011

Complain about music in a grocery store.

I guess your life is so perfect that all you have to complain about is music at Publix?
And go to a board to complain about it?

Wow.. wish I had such a good life that music in a store was a big bother.

I'll not waste your time with my medical problems, my repossessed car story, the story about my job going to the Phillipines, my son's disease that takes all the extra $ we have... and more to treat.

I'll listen to you complain about music.

Hb
  2nd of Sep, 2011

Get over it. Seriously, there are people dying of hunger all over the world, and you're getting pissed at the music. If you're that upset, call corporate.