Publix / is there racism at publix?
I'll never go to the Deli dept in Hollywood Mall anymore. My turn is in between two Hispanix. The one before me is served and the lady who served him now has to turn to me to ask what i want but instead she lowers her eyes and moves far away and starts a long chat accompanied by giggles and laughter with another employee; like her a Hispanic. I wait and wait and wait and finally a black employee wanders thru the door and wonders what i need. While i give him my order, the lady comes back and smiles at the customer behind me and tells him in Spanish: "Sorry to let u wait".
Myself, I speak fluent Spanish, English, Dutch, French and German so she can't fool me.
My point is: if u don't LOOK Hispanic u get ignored. I find that very discriminating and probably racist as well as skin tone was definitively the issue.
More Publix Complaints & Reviews
- Publix - do they really care about the worker 
- Publix - bad company 
- Publix Spring Water - publix spring water smelled & tasted bad 
- Publix - oasis 
- Publix - politics at publix 
- Publix - harassment, suspension hours cut
- Publix Super Markets - customer service 
- Publix Super Markets - pay
- Publix Super Markets - false employment security
- Publix Super Markets - pharmacy at beckett lake plaza in clearwater fl store #4548