Publisher's Services / Attempt to Scam using Visa/Mastercard

Phone: 7043224799
The rep contacted me stating I had won a $1000 internet only shopping spree. Visa and Mastercard were sponsoring this promotion and I would also receive 5 magazines at the rate of $3 per week of which I would only pay for using my Visa or Mastercard along with shipping an handling for my packet. This is when red flags were raised when they asked for my credit card number. So I just hung up the phone then they repeatedly tried to call me back from an unknown number.

I just wanted to warn people that this scam is going on...if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is...

N  3rd of Sep, 2010 by
I just had the same thing happen- 2 days ago a man named Jonathan called me and offered me the $1000 gift card to use in this magazine- the only thing is, I would have to pay the $2.85 shipping per item! I said- "I'm really sorry, but this sounds like a scam just so you can get my credit card information" The man replied "I'm not bull crappin you ma'am I feed my kids with this job!" Wow-- professional- as if I wasn't doubting their credibility as is. I told them to take me off of their list and if they contacted me again I would call the police with their information.