Publishers Renewal Service / Contract/Billing

1 Mission, KS, United States
Phone: 800-725-1729

I was contacted by a Reader's Source rep a couple months ago who told me I had opened an account with them 4 or 5 years ago which obligated me to a 5 year subscription to several magazines. I told them I neither remembered opening the account nor did I want it. I was told that I am unable to cancel because they pay the publishers in advance for subscriptions. The total amount of the contract is approximately $1000 and I was required to pay them $30 per month.

When I was told I could not cancel and afraid that I would be sent to Collections, I gave them new billing information - my Visa Check Card. I was billed $60.00 on 1/17/09 and $31.50 on 2/16/09. Several of the magazines promised have never arrived, which I told the last rep who called me between the two billings. The rep said they would look into it and would be reducing the monthly cost of my magazines. The magazines have still not arrived and when I saw the 2/16/09 charge of $31.50 I realized they had not reduced my payment but INCREASED it by $1.50.

I DO NOT WANT this service. I wish to cancel but they won't let me. Even upon agreeing to fulfill the terms of this contract to protect my credit, they have not fulfilled their contractual obligation.

More Publishers Renewal Service Complaints & Reviews