Publishers Guide / Scam Business

1 AL, United States Review updated:

I received a call offering a number of magazines for a fee and signed up under the false pretext that the fee was a once every six month charge. Instead, I was being charged $55 every month for magazines that didn't show for three months. The only way to cancel is within ten days of signing up, the details of which are enclosed in a letter you won't get for two weeks.

I've attempted to cancel my subscription, but they tell me it's impossible unless I pay them a $300 fee for early cancellation. To top it off, my card number happened to have been thefted right afterward and started popping up on purchases all over florida. I've canceled my card, and have avoided all unkown calls, of which now there are many. It's a scam business, watch out for it.

Comments

• Ke
      13th of Dec, 2010

Same thing happening with my son!..He is 23 and getting all kinds of freaking magazines.. Parenting, good housekeeping, crap an 23 old male has no interest in!..We tried for over a YEAR to get a hold them..Finally made contact *them calling for money*/ said cancel and we closed his bank account. Now 2010 magazines coming like crazy, calls saying he OWES 300.00. According to them no record he canceled..He never ever signed a thing!.. Stay clear of Publisher Guide! This mysubscriptionservices.com is a bs site. Phones numbers never answer..

• Ke