Publishers Clearing House / did not order item

1 Huntsville, AL, United States Review updated:

I entered your contest and then you showed I had placed an order which I did not. I don't know from the abbreviation what the item is. I do not want it.
Betty C. Knowling

Comments

• Te
      9th of Oct, 2008

Hi
    This is Ted i was told i did not have to order any thing
    But put what you have interest in on the block. before i knew it a high blood presure machine that was very cheap i opend pakage thinking it was a gift only to fined out it was sent as a order i never made. i have three girls and are always busy i don't
    have time to send things back but now i have to find time to do althis. but they give no e-mail or any way to contact them very smart of them.

• Do
      27th of Jun, 2009

I received a bill for magazines supposedly orderd and received at my address. I never ordered or received magazine from PCH or anyone else for that matter. I contact them using the 800# on the bill to let them know that I never order from PCH nor would I like to. They advised me that it was a website order from a 3rd party. I let them know that it was not me and have not received the magazines. 2 weeks later I start getting the magazines I told them I did not order and did not want. I call them again and let them know I do not want their magazines and that I already called to tell them the bill is not mine. The lady tells me that I can cancel at anytime just pay the bill and send back notification I want to cancel. I tell her again I am not paying the bill and to stop sending the magazines as they will not be paid for and I am not paying to ship them back. Needless to say I called 1 more time to no avail same pay the bill and cancel anytime for something I did not order. So I tossed the magazines. They were some dog magazine. I received a letter from a Penn Credit collections. I called them and let them know its a scam I will not be paying. They tell me that they will put it on my credit. I let them know that it was a web order from a 3rd party site that I did not place and good luck in trying to add it to my social since that would be missing information. Now I throw the collection letters away also. Avoid PCH at all costs and if someone orders it for you good luck.

• Ne
      13th of Jan, 2011

I just got a call from Penn Credit trying to collect a $40 debt for unpaid magazine subscrition to Oprah Magazine. They claim I received the magazines from Publisher's Clearing House back in FEb 2009 at my previous house in Troy, MI which I sold in May 2005. They also called me under my previous name (since remarried for 5 yrs) and I am not sure how they got my new phone number.
    I never ordered the magazines, and why would I have them delivered to my previous address anyways? How can I get them off my back? I am going to write them a letter to explain this, but what else can I do? Please help asap if you can.
    Maryse