Publishers Business Services / magazine scam

United States, South Carolina, Myrtle Beach Review updated:
publishers business services or publishers direct
Myrtle Beach
this company called my job and i answered the phone .
i tried telling them that i would transfer them to a manager and they said i could complete the survey.
well i got suckered into their scam but not for long.i will be taking care of this tomorrow after reading reports from the federal trade commission that they have a lawsuit against them for this same thing.

N  4th of Oct, 2006 by
I never agreed to accept this many magazines and I dont want them, any of them.
N  15th of Apr, 2009 by
i worked for publishers for a little while until i realized what the company was all about. for anyone that is ready this, if it isn't too late, DON'T EVER ANSWER TO THESE PEOPLE...it is all a joke and a scam. when i worked there, i was told i was making most of my money in my sales, come to find out we only get 1 fillpin dollar per sale. as to our ### of a boss jeff, that scams not only the people we contact but his employes as well. he sits back in that office and does nothing and makes 700 off of us...not to mention the supervisor he hired. they said he hires the girls that are only pretty to him..some business huh? some of this supervisors would sit back in sleep if they had a long night before, and even do make overs on eachother...and he calls this job to be taken serious? i'm sorry but when i see my supervisor doing those things, why should I do my job..its a joke point blank, and when they day comes they close down, will be the day that dumbass will realize it's not worth ripping people off!
A  22nd of Oct, 2009 by
If you didn't order them, then legally they are free. I can't get the magazine companies to stop, either. I've been told it is not them but some outside firm that send these to me. I will not pay them, some are in the name of a family member who has not resided in our home in over 3 years.

They send inovoices and send back with "Never ordered, please cancel. I will not pay this bill. I don't want your magazine." They just keep coming.

I pass them on or throw them out. No good to me. The postal service doesn't help either.
N  26th of Oct, 2009 by

Publishers Business Services - Payment

Was at work, got a phone call about free magazines. Was extremely busy so just said yes and figured i could cancel later. nothing was mentioned about not being able to cancel my account. now they keep sending me bills, harassing my place of work and not going away. they say they have a tape recording of me agreeing but they do not even have my correct name.
i dont know what to do..
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by
I too fell for the scam like a dummy i should have known. but i didnt i also took care of it today. they called me and told me that i won a thousand dollar shopping spree, hey i am a woman i love to shop. but yet u have to take the magizines to get the thousand dollars thinking about it now that is a DUH kinda thing. i am glad i decided to try to find a phone number online to call them cause i never thought i would find this but i am really glad i did they done got 50 dollars out of me but they wont get no more. DON'T FALL FOR THIS LIKE ME. i cant believe i could b that dumb and i always thought hey i am careful with my account information.
A  10th of Nov, 2009 by
We had the same thing here in our office, the called offering free magazines for answering a survey. We never ordered anything but about 4 days after the call got a bill for almost 800.00 for subscriptions we never ordered. It came in the name of the office secretary but also the business name. We alse received a nots stating they had a taped recording of the order. Then a couple days later we received a phone call looking for payment stating we were under contract to pay this. They were very demanding and rude. I called and they said we agreed to this and we could not cancel. I asked them for proof of delivery of the goods, and then if they had a credit card or purchase order or bank account. They have nothing more than a name, the hung up on me after telling me we were responcible for the bill. Then 2 more days later we receive another bill/statement looking for payment on the first month and to fill out a slip with our account info or credit card info. I figure it will cost them more than the bill when I get done with them, long phone calls when I need to blow off steam, many letters from them all that they have to pay for. I was thinking about sending them a bill for my time.. they are scam artists.. so have some fun and just laugh at them.
N  28th of Apr, 2010 by
I FELL FOR IT TODAY! I always turned ### like this down but last night i was on Best buy and they said I was their one millionth customer...whatever so i gave them my telephone and email and the very next day this PUBLISHERS MAGAZINE company called me and said I won a shopping spree online to the webpage of my choice. All I could think about was the big screen tv on best buy that I was drooling over last night. So they hooked me with the magazine pitch and the worst part is the 1000 dollar shopping spree equals the 1000 dollars I would pay over 20 months for stupid magazines that I use to start my wood burning fireplace anyways. So yeah oh AND!!! turns out...the website is ONE single site that contains a bunch of random junk. WHAT A RIP OFF!!! I will never again be tricked by these fools. I will cancel ASAP. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!!
N  11th of Aug, 2016 by

Publishers Business Services - cancle subsriction

I never wanted to suscribe for the magazines. We got out of it before and had payed the close to $1000. They called me again and asked me to change the magazines i was getting and renewed the virbal contract. I didn't want to and now they want money monthly, and say if we don't pay it will be reported on out credit report. They also won't stop sending the magazines.