Publishers Business Services / Scam to get money from me

1 PO Box 162287Altamonte Springs, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-949-0171

This company initially contacted me several weeks ago trying to get me to buy some magazines from them. I kept telling the rep that I did not want to participate in any discount program and that did not want to receive any magazines that I had to pay for. The rep told me that the magazines were free of charge and that I could cancel at any time. What the rep didn't tell me was that there was no way to cancel without paying a ridiculous $125 cancellation fee.
The good people at PBS called me today and played a very highly edited recording of me "agreeing" to accept their magazines (again, this was edited as I never agreed to theuir magazines, they never told me that I was being recorded, and they definitely edited the recording).
The agent then tried to threaten me, and I told her to "get ###ed" and also told her that I would not pay any invoices and that they were free to try to pursue any action that they would like. I also told the agent that they had better not touch my credit file or I would have them over a barrel faster than they could spit.
Someone needs to hunt these people down and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

I personally think that they picked on the wrong person when they called me. I have filed a formal complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission, the Texas Attorney General, and whomever else I could reach. Don't be fooled by these cockroaches, there is nothing they can legally do, and if they do place any adverse informationb in your credit file, that constitutes a willful violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. If they contact me again, I will reference the FTC Temporary Restraing Order placed against PBS May 20, 2008, which they also are willfully violating by the nature of their contacts.

They called me twice witjhin a 10 minute span (again a violation of the FCRA) and violated the single contact per day that they are allowed. Every action that they take appears to be a violation of federal law and possibly a violation of wire fraud laws as well as Consumer protection laws.

Comments

Sr
  3rd of Dec, 2008

I just recieved an invoice for something I never ordered. The invoice lacks phone numbers, web sites, fax numbers, and any other point of contact. They are impossible to contact. They inturn have violated the DNC law by calling me. If they pursue this, I will make them bleed! I will take this to the State's AG, the FTC, and the US postal system. (They mailed me this fraudulent invoice!) ### suckers like these people belong out of business, and I will help them do just that.