Publish America

Posted:

Breach of Contract/Fraud

Publish America LLC
Frederick, Maryland
Well, the results are in. I just received my 3rd consecutive 6 month selling period of selling ZERO books! This after I sold 123 books in the first 6 and threatened legal action if they did not pay. I received a check for $170. I know, I'm one of, if not THE, only one to have received any type of payment. I thank everyone who has contacted the attorney who is formulating the lawsuit against these people. If you aren't aware, or haven't contacted him yet, please get onboard. His name is Jan (pro. Yon) Berlage. He is located in Baltimore. I am local and will be meeting with him in the near future. His contact number is 410-752-1261. Please do not balk at this. It's not about the money, but stopping this horrible company from luring more prospective talent into their trap. We've all been taken by them and it's time to fight back.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

A  4th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
If they provided you with a statement clearly showing you had no sells although, you have receipts showing to the contrary, this is a violation of Federal Law. Falsifying Documents and Federal Utterance are the pending charges. Please read my article regarding pressing charges on the company for violation of federal laws.

W. K. Hayes
N  4th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Please contact Jan (pro. Yon) Berlage, 410-752-1261. He may be available on Saturdays as well. The lawsuit is picking up steam and we need participants. The more we have, the less it will cost each of us. Just think of it as an investment. It WILL pay off and we will put these people out of business.
N  12th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I recognized that Publish America was a fraud after the first month. I'm a frustrated writer who has a problem finding someone, hell, anyone to read my manuscripts, just like most Publish America authors. They know that so they advertise on the web for authors who want to publish with a traditional publisher. That might be the biggest lie ever printed, but we all think that if just a few people read our little gems, we'll be on our way to fame and fortune. We even know that it's probably a long shot, but I don't think anyone would expect what we get from Publish America. It's a disgrace. I don't think they have ever tried to sell a copy of my book except to me. Since I knew right away that it was a scam I never bought a single book. Therefore there was never a single book sold. That in it's self should be proof of fraud.
A  12th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Tom,
Please contact the attorney!
N  15th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
I fell into PublishAmerica's foul trap in 2009. Since then I have regretted every day of it. I have done everything I can to work with them to make my book sell. They have done nothing but shun, mock and disrespect me. They send me options and then go back on it. Tell me I can get my book back by their opt -out program and then tell me no. They are deceitful, untrustworthy, and purely dishonest. All I want is to get my book back and hopefully salvage enough to use it again to attract a respectable agent. I am noticing that a lot of these complaints are years old and would like to know of current complaints, and if there is still an on-going lawsuit that needs extra help. I do not understand that with the amount of complaints, why is not the Attorney General and our government doing something about this fraudulent company. Harry Beal, Author of Insect World
N  15th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
We're all on the same raft, Harry...lured onto PublishAmerica's luxury yacht, then taken out to sea and sent adrift. The lawyer we have been in contact with wants $1000 up front from at least 20 people, to get started. I, for one, don't have that. If we could get 100 people it would only cost us $200 each. The problem is getting people together to do this. I haven't contacted the Maryland State's Attorneys Office, which should have jurisdiction. Perhaps if 100 people would contact them and get a response, we can get this thing started. I live in Maryland. If we get shunned by the State, I can always try the media...they love dirt. This nonsense will continue as it has for years until we get off our duffs.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree