Publish America

Posted:

treatment of author

Publish America
I first published my EGG NANNY TALES with Publish America in March 2008. I was satisfied.

Then I sent them my second book, STORIES TO AMUSE THE KIDS in March of 2009. There has been nothing but trouble since. They refused to send me the final editing copy. They insisted that they had sent it. I never got it. Finally I bought a few copies. Along with them came in separate packaging, the author's copy on April 27; more than a year after I signed up with them.

The book looked good, except that THERE WAS A TABLE OF CONTENTS; BUT NO PAGE NUMBERS. We went back and forth about that. They denied any responsibility; but did eventually send me an opportunity to PAY them to fix any errors. I did not take them up on that offer.

The company required that I send information for advertising--I did. Nothing ever came of this.

STORIES is an illustrated children's book of 54 pages; folded over and held together with one staple. PA offers it for $26. I said that was way too much. They pooh-poohed me, saying THEY were the professionals, and knew what is best. My book royalties on this book was nothing. Nobody bought it. Except me.

In June I ordered 30 copies of STORIES on sale. It is supposed to take 3-6 weeks for delivery. Today is Aug 2, just past that deadline. I asked them about it and they said they were working on sending me 4 books; and the 5th would come later. I said I had ordered and paid for 30. They said that colored illustrated children's books did not apply. I reread the sale. Too bad I hadn't used a microscope the first time. That disclaimer was there; but very hard to read. So I am out $120 for 5 books--if I ever get them!

I am retired and on a limited income. I cannot afford these games.

What I want is complete rights of both of my books, so I can try them with an honest company.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

A  18th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Aggravate the hell out of them like I did...after just emailing all employee's one at a time and telling them God would get them, they canceled all of my 14 contracts...Free

And if anyone wants to start a class action lawsuit against them for theft, please contact me at sandyrains@msn.com
A  21st of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I, too, am a victim of their lies. They published my book in March of 2009. After sending me an email stating they had sold ZERO books, after my first six months, I complained. It was only then that I received a check from them for $170. I have not seen a check since. We need to compile a list of us that are experiencing this rip-off, pool our monies together, and take legal action. Please feel free to contact me captmark435@atlanticbb.net

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree