Publication Max.com / Over Billed

Nashille, TN, United States Review updated:
I too ordered what was supposed to be a 27.00 charge but when the charge appeared on my bank statement, I was charged 91.90. I was able to contact the company through this number[protected] through their website @
PublicationsMax.com. As soon as we hung up I received an email showing the cancellation confirmation # and that my order was cancelled, and the full amount of 91.90 would not be deducted from my account. As of right now, it is still pending against my account, but with the letter from them, my bank has assured me that on Monday morning they will remove the charges. This company definately misleads the consumer by not telling of the 64.00 processing fee up front. I do have to say that the lady at extension # 3011 (Angelina) was very courteous, and understanding, but you have to be specific as to what your email needs to say. Make sure you have them include the amount and a confirmation number and get their name and extension number. I hope this helps someone else...

PublicationsMax.com
990 Grove St. Ste. 204
Evanston, IL 60201
Ra

Comments

Ar
  10th of Jan, 2009
THis is unbelievable.
i just checked my statement to and saw a charge for $81.86 when i thought i would be charged just $27.

I hope i can get them to credit back my account and not have to dispute the charge.
Do
  18th of Feb, 2009
Thanks for the helpful information. This company is a bunch of crap!
Ro
  24th of Feb, 2009
The same thing happened to me. I am still awaiting my credit. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO DISPLAY the amount of the charges upfront so that consumers are not suprised when they view their credit card statements.
Au
  8th of May, 2009
I too was charged $87.84 when I signed up for 5 mags at $27.00. I have been trying to get my money back for two months and all I get are excuses. I have reported them to the US Attorney General and next I will contact the IL State Attorney General. I will also contact my bank to dispute the charge.
Ka
  15th of Jun, 2009
It happened to me too. I just subscribed today. I thought it was $27.00. I looked at my statement online and it was $ 83.99. It is pending so I am trying to stop payment on it before it is too late.
Be
  1st of Sep, 2009
I just finished talking to my fourth person at Publicationmax.com. I was transfered to a supervisor a Kim Lovettt and let a voice mail as sh and all supervisors were still in a meeting (3 hours after my first call to her.) I have talked to and been yelled at by Reynolds, Nina and Nate. I have filled a dispute with my credit card company and according to Publicationsmax they have processed my refund and I will get it in 30 to 60 days. I will be calling them everyday until my money is back in my account. The number I got through on was 1-888-624-2877. I suggest we keep their phones lite up!!!
Wa
  16th of Nov, 2009
WHO ARE THESE *** HOLES THEY TOOK 89.00 DOLLARS OFF MY VISA THEY WILL NOT RETURN MY CALL S
Wa
  16th of Nov, 2009
i have been calling for 3 weeks now no has called me back
Tm
  23rd of Nov, 2009
I just got a call from my Bank on possible fraud on my account saying I was being charged $89. I haven't ordered anything from this company...lucklily my bank stopped it from going through
Al
  26th of Nov, 2009
Like Tmite, I have not ordered from Publication Max. I had never heard of them until I found out they were charging me $89.00. My bank gave me the phone number and web address for the company and I tried to get them to call me back too, but no go. I tried to get my bank to block the charges, but they said it had to post first. Now it has posted, I still haven't heard from Publication Max and my bank is closed for the holiday.
I guess I'm S.O.L. I did how ever let Publication Max know that I reported them to my State's Attorney General. I hope it will do some good, but I won't hold my breath!
Co
  30th of Nov, 2009
Who are these people, the same exact thing happenned to me checked my account $89.00 was in limbo but did come out, I have never heard or ordered from them, they can't call me have know home phone number, what is going on.
Je
  1st of Dec, 2009

Publication Max.com - DID NOT ORDER!!

I have no idea what this is but it is also connected somehow to the Java Beanery Direct. I did not order anythng from either company and today I find out this Publication Max.com went through my bank account and this Java Beanery Direct charge is pending. I called my bank and I am filing charges of fraud and I am very mad!! The bank will mail me papers to file for charges I did not make. Until it is settled I am out of money, Both charges are 79.00 each...
Ny
  8th of Dec, 2009
I just noticed these two charges on my account as well and will be stopping in to my bank first thing in the morning. Hopefully, I will get this settled soon. Good luck!
Jb
  17th of Dec, 2009
Also have 2 charges for $79.00 on my CC did not order.one is publications Max and the other for coffee same thing