public works / Broken windshield X2

1 HWY 99, Yuba City, CA, US Review updated:

I have had to replace my windshield on my vehicle TWICE now due to the construction they are doing on HWY 99. I don't see why they have scraped the southbound side of the highway when they are working/repaving the northbound side. Because of flying dbris kicked up by other vehicles, my windshield has been cracked/broken TWICE now. I find this very disturbing let alone financially burdening. I would like information on how to sue Yuba City/ Sutter County for damages that I have had to pay for because of their negligence on the construction and sweeping of that particular part of the highway. Citizens should not have to be burdened with replacing windshields because public works scraped one side of the highway that they aren't even working on.

More public works Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sep 22, 2009

I experienced the same problem 2 days ago whereby while driving along highway 99 (where the road works are being done) from work, my car windshield was hit by a fying tiny object ( most probably a stone). I just got this car a few months ago and now I have a broken wiindshield. This is too much and they have to do something about this!

Oct 16, 2009

I had the same experience sept 10, on south bound hwy 99. I called caltrans they said they are not responsible, the private company is(George Reed inc. Phone #[protected]. I contacted the construction company, followed their instructions on filling a claim, they denied my claim, stating it is a road hazard its not their falt. I have tried to make phone contact with their safety coordinator several times and I have not received any calls back.

Oct 16, 2009