Public Storage / multi-billion dollar company cheats the little guy

10402 30th StreetTampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I stored my belongings with University Storage in Tampa when I went to live in China in 2002. They were bought out by Public Storage. I received a statement dated 12/15/06 from Public Storage with a note that I was paid to September 1 of 2007. The fee I paid was $706 for a year, including a free month. I later saw on my credit card statement that they were charging me $885 for the next year, an increase of 26%. I saw from the breakdown they sent me that they had thrown out the free month, jacked up the rent last December, charged me a late fee in August when my funds ran out sooner than they should have because of the increase, and then jacked up my rates again..a total of 26% increase in 8 months while I was still supposed to be covered for the year I paid for. I think that's fraudulent and deceptive. I have tried over and over to work this out with them but they refuse to be reasonable.

The regional manager is Bill Ennis and his number is [protected]. He refuses to answer my e-mails any longer. He claims to be insulted by my saying that they're cheating me, as if I'm not insulted that THEY ARE cheating me, especially when I'm overseas and rather helpless. The customer relations manager I've been e-mailing is John Glozer (jglozer AT publicstorage.com). Both of them are arrogant and absolutely refuse to back down an inch. Is there anything you can to to help?
Va

Comments

Ea
  24th of Apr, 2014
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Public Storage is getting over on there customers with this late fees it was a time when I was able to pay for the unit that I am rent just because I am $4.00 dollar's short they charge a late fee come that is so ridiculous an outrageous on how public storage doing business how is they for customers and they charging us with all these late fees we can not help how the economy is now days I feel if they can not work with us like they represent they selves to be, it was all talk just so we as people can come in an get what they didn't show to us from the beginning I think we as consumers should hit this company with a big civil suit let them see how it feel to get money took from them if it would take petition to be started then so be it cause they don't care so why should we.

Public Storage Logo Public Storage