Public Storage / high pressure sales tactics
Public storage is nothing more than a sales/marketing organization disguised as a storage business.
The personnel move from facility to facility. It is heavily sales scripted. When you first make the call to the 800 number, in a matter of minutes you will get the feel that you are in a car dealership. Once they get your information they will make an appointment at the facility of your choosing. When you arrive they will prequalify you for the storage unit based on a series of questions and then take you around in the little golf cart to the storage unit based on the questions you have answered, very similar to the car dealer. Then when you return to the office they will try to close the deal and get your money. If they don’t get your money that day, they will make a sales follow-up call using another one of their employees to pressure you into a decision.
They have a very sophisticated phone system. Once they have your phone numbers don’t try calling the 800 number back to reach the corporate office for any reason; it will only ring at the facility you visited.
When I first checked these guys out I did not find any bad reviews at first and then I returned and Googled “Public Storage Reviews” and I got hundreds, no kidding. Oh and the “$1 First Month Rent*” is nothing more than a scam. Don’t just take my word for it, go to this site and read the “Top 301 Complaints and Reviews about Public Storage” at consumeraffairs.com.
More Public Storage Complaints & Reviews
- Public Storage - overcharging 
- Public Storage - stolen property 
- Public Storage - multi-billion dollar company cheats the little guy 
- Public Storage - terrible experience 
- Public Storage - bad service 
- Public Storage - 44% annualized rate increase for new customer
- Public Storage - terrible customer service
- Public Storage - storage unit
- Public Storage - Storage unit -Preston hwy louisville ky
- Public Storage - theft