Public Storage / excessive rent increases

Miller Place, NY, United States Review updated:

It appears to be the consistent business practice of Public Storage, headquartered in California, to leverage rent increases against their customers once they have their customers belongings as ransom against objections or protests against outlandish rental increases. It appears that it is a business approach that is practiced nationally by this business, which also is exempt by its incorporation status from paying federal income taxes.

St
May 9, 2014

Comments

• Vi
      12th of Jan, 2015
    Public Storage - Shady and unlawful business practices
    Public Storage
    701 Western Avenue, Glendale CA 91201
    Glendale, CA
    Phone: 818-244-8080
    www.publicstorage.com

Each state has specific self-storage laws and ALL storage unit companies MUST follow them to a T or be liable for their actions. See http://www.storagetreasures.com/general-information/state-lien-laws/[state name].

• Mi
      15th of Apr, 2015

My husband and I rented a unit over one year ago. We were sent a letter they were raising our rental rate $50.00 and will do so every 6 months. We are paying for the highest price for the rental unit due to it's size. The last time I paid on this unit was by check. They said the funds were not there and our bank said that check never came through the bank. They are charging us for 2 months late fees and a return check charge. Talk to people at location of unit and they said it was out of their hands I need to talk to customer service because California handles that!!!