ptronas oil company / agreement letter
i got an agreement letter and asked to complete visa and other travelling documents .
JOB REF: ARI 67/21563 11/09/2009
Attn: Jagat Bhanu Pal
1. For good consideration, the Company employs the Employee on the following terms and conditions.
2. TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Subject to the provisions for termination set forth below this agreement will begin on 11th SEPTEMBER 2009, unless sooner terminated.
3. SALARY: The Company shall pay Employee a salary of US$5, 000.00 every month after tax deduction, for the services of the Employee, payable at regular payroll periods.
3.1 Employer for each intercontinental trip shall pay USD$1, 500.00 flat rate travel/entertainment allowance to employee. Travel shall be by business class/first class. However for the purpose of commencement, the cost of travel ticket shall be paid in addition to travel/entertainment allowance.
3.2 Employer shall also take care of employees' travel ticket including that of employees' family only on employees' early notification to employer and as shall be requested by employee.
3.2 Adequate private office space in a conducive and comfortable work environment shall be provided for employee.
3.3 Employee will obtain Malaysia Valid papers documents through the service of Travel Counsellors Agency on their expenses to show their readiness, preparedness, and willingness and later be reimbursed before embarking to Malaysia.
4 POSITIONS: (CUSTOMER SERVICE)
The Employee's duties may be reasonably modified at the Company's discretion from time to time.
4.1 JOB LOCATION: KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
4.2 RESUME WORK DAY: 12TH OCTOBER OF THE YEAR 2009
4.3 CONTRACT DURATION: TWO YEARS
5. JOB PROCEEDING/REQUIREMENT:
New employed and recruited for PETRONAS OIL COMPANY (And not presently possessing a valid Residence, Work Permits, Visa) shall be expected to personally incur all expenses as shall be related to the processing, procurement and acquisition of their necessary permits clearance papers with the DEPARTMENT OF MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE (KL) and shall be duly reimbursed and will be substantiated with receipts and the employer will reimburse the employee not later than Five (5) working days after submission of employee’s expense report and receipts.
You shall be required to furnish us with your valid residence, work permits and visa on or before Ten working days as a proof of readiness to join the PETRONAS OIL COMPANY project team in the due time as stipulated above for your job resumption with the PETRONAS OIL COMPANY in Malaysia and also to enable you receive your first monthly salary including your due entitlements/emoluments prior to your departure for services with the PETRONAS OIL COMPANY in Malaysia. However, for expatriate services employees who do not presently posses their valid Residence/Work Permits papers and Visa, they are to make contact with the address given below for directives and assistance on the acquisition and procurement of their Malaysia valid residence and work permits papers.
DEPARTMENT OF MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE
Headquarters of the Department of Immigration, Malaysia (Ministry of
Home Affairs) Level 1-7 (Podium) Block 2G4, Precinct 2, and Federal
Government Administration Center and 62550 Putrajaya Malaysia
Contact Person: Mr. Jacob Che.
6. EMPLOYEE TO DEVOTE FULL TIME TO COMPANY: The Employee will devote full time, attention, and energies to the business of the Company, and, during this employment, will not engage in any other business activity, regardless of whether such activity is pursued for profit, gain, or other pecuniary advantage. Employee is not prohibited from making personal investments in any other businesses provided those investments do not require active involvement in the operation of said companies.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY OF PROPRIETARY INFORMATION: Employee agrees, during or after the term of this employment, not to reveal confidential information, or trade secrets to any person, firm, corporation, or entity. Should Employee reveal or threaten to reveal this information, the Company shall be entitled to an injunction restraining the Employee from disclosing same, or from rendering any services to any entity to whom said information has been or is threatened to be disclosed, the right to secure an injunction is not exclusive, and the Company may pursue any other remedies it has against the Employee for a breach or threatened breach of this condition, including the recovery of damages from the Employee.
8. REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES: The Employee will incur reasonable expenses to get his/her visa and work permit. The Company shall reimburse Employee for all business expenses after the Employee presents an itemized account of expenditures, pursuant to Company policy.
9. VACATION: The Employee shall be entitled to a yearly vacation of three month at full pay.
10. DISABILITY: In the event that the Employee cannot perform the duties because of illness or incapacity for a period of more than one month, the compensation during said illness or incapacity will be paid to the employee. The Employee's full compensation will be reinstated upon return to work. However, if the Employee is absent from work for any reason for a continuous period of over two months with any goods reason of been absent, the Company may terminate the Employee's contract employment, and the Company's obligations under this agreement will cease on that date.
11. EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: You shall be a contract Employee and shall be entitled to benefits as specifically outlined herein
12. BENEFITS: You will also receive standard employee benefits package (including health insurance for you and your family), and will be subject to DB vacation policy as such package and policy are in effect from time to time.
12.1 OTHER BENEFITS:
Quality single or family housing in company community.
Personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowances.
Access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in Malaysia.
Free medical care in Malaysia for you and your family for contract duration.
Excellent educational assistance benefits with family status contracts.
Complete meals also for you and your family as deemed Appropriate.
Life insurance Policy.
Maximum and efficient security both in work place and housing Community.
12.2 COMPUTER RESOURCES: Laptop Computer, 1.6 GHz Processor, 496 MB RAM, 24XCD-RW, 30GB Hard Drive, Floppy Drive, Integrated Network Adapter, Internal 56K Modem, Spare Battery and Necessary Software. Full time Internet access is also made available.
12.3 PHONES: The employer will provide each employee with one (1) landline and one (1) mobile telephone. This shall have a reasonable credit limit application per month.
12.4 LOCAL TRANSPORTATION: Standby new company car will parked in your apartment for movement.
12.5 OFFICE SPACE: Adequate private office space in a conducive and comfortable work environment shall be provided for each employee.
13. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT: Employee may terminate employment upon 30 days' written notice to the Company. Employee may be required to perform his or her duties and will be paid the regular salary to date of termination but shall all his/her severance allowance.
14. DEATH BENEFIT: Should Employee die during the term of employment, the Company shall pay to Employee's estate any compensation due through the end of the month in which death occurred.
15. SETTLEMENT BY ARBITRATION: Any claim or controversy that arises out of or relates to this agreement, or the breach of it, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the Malaysia Arbitration Association. Judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court with jurisdiction.
16. LIMITED EFFECT OF WAIVER BY COMPANY: Should Company waive breach of any provision of this agreement by the Employee, that waiver will not operate or be construed as a waiver of further breach by the Employee.
17. SEVERABILITY: If, for any reason, any provision of this agreement is held invalid, all other provisions of this agreement shall remain in effect. If this agreement is held invalid or cannot be enforced, then to the full extent permitted by law any prior agreement between the Company (and any predecessor thereof) and the Employee shall be deemed reinstated as if this agreement had not been executed.
18. ASSUMPTION OF AGREEMENT BY COMPANY'S SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNEES: The Company's rights and obligations under this agreement will inure to the benefit and be binding upon the Company's successors and assignees.
19. CONFIRMED EMPLOYEE: Confirmed employees are those employee’s that have obtained from the WORK/RESIDENT PERMIT PAPERS AND VISA.
20. WORKING HOURS/ DAYS OFF/ PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: Working hours - 6 hours (including meal time) Working time - 10 AM - 4 PM Working days - Monday – Friday
21. ORAL MODIFICATIONS NOT BINDING. This instrument is the entire agreement of the Company and the Employee. Oral changes have no effect. It may be altered only by a written agreement signed by the party against whom enforcement of any waiver, change, modification, extension, or discharge is sought.
Signed by the Employee:
………………………………………………… Date: ….../……/……….
(Jagat Bhanu Pal)
Signed for and on behalf of
PETRONAS OIL COMPANY INTERNATIONAL
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT:
Dr Kazeem Ali.
In the presence of:
BAR. WHITE JOHN