psm* people search pro / Misleading website

1 TN, United States Review updated:

The site promises a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They also claim to provide (per their site):

* Up-to-date contact information
* Address history and dates of residence
* Age and DOB

When the search came back listing 2 year-old contact info, it was obvious that they did not hold up their end of the transaction. I called to ask for my money back based on the 100% satisfaction guarantee.

"Jason" in customer service told me that they define what 100% satisfaction is for you. They have terms for your satisfaction. He then guided me (seriously) to the terms page, section 5. Turns out, there is no way to get your money back. You have to let the customer service rep search for the info. If they find ANYTHING on the specific name, then you are told that they have SATISFIED you.

This is 100% scamming.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Comments

• Ol
      18th of May, 2010

I don't know about the specifics of "sad in Tn" but I signed up for their $30 for a year of unlimited searches, I was logged in and ready to go, but every single search I ran the site insisted on another $2 for each search. I couldn't get around it. I was a member for all of one hour. Turned around immediately and cancelled. I'll have to wait to see if they really kick my money or some part of it back. I'm sure if I had taken the time to call them I would have gotten the same run around he did, "Well, if you refer to the Agreement, Article II, Section 5, Paragraph 57, Subparagraph 3, it says we keep the money regardless." Fine, keep it, its a mistake I won't make again and I'll make sure no one else will either.

ol'texan

• Kr
      2nd of Jun, 2010

I, too, was scammed by this company. I made a purchase thinking I was only paying for a one-time report, unaware that you had to select the one-time option again on the check-out page. (The yearly membership option radio button was pre-selected.) Imagine my surprise when a confirmation email welcomed me as a member. I canceled the membership immediately, but a subsequent email told me, in so many words, that the membership was "cast in stone" and no refunds or credits could be issued. Well, we'll just see about that. And to top it off, the report I received contained no information other than what was displayed in the initial free search. There is no phone number to call. The only way to contact them is via email. And I've already contacted my bank to initiate a dispute.

• Dn
      15th of Jun, 2010

I did the same thing. Understood I was getting a one time background check. It cost 39.00 dollars and told me very little. I then learned I was charged an additional 34.95 for a one yr subscription I did not see when ordering the background check. With the one yr. member ship it says you get unlimited vital records (marriage, death, birth, etc.), also unlimited court records (you have to pay an additional 19.95 per each), unlimited civil (you also have to pay an extra fee) and unlimited telephone and address (you pay 1.95 per each) and if you do not tell them you want to cancel the subscription in 1 yr they will automatically charge you again. First off it's misleading for the fact you do not know about the so called "unlimited" subscription until you see the money taken from your account and then later in an email. It also states unlimited searches. Yes they are unlimited but you have to pay an extra fee for each search you want info on. What is the purpose of the membership? This is the second time I have been scammed out of money over the internet. It's sad because I am sure there are ligitimate sites out there that lose money because people are afraid to purchase again after an experience such as this. Their database is very limited and out of date also. I have found out more by just googeling for free!

5th of Jul, 2010

Hello this question is for people search customer service

I was attempting to do a people search. The persons name, age and ex-wife came up correctly. However, the current tel. # was unavailable. This was a very close friend of mine. And, I did have his tel. number. But, due to a flood in my home, my address book was destroyed.

Would you be able to find his tel. # for me? His name is Dominic Alonzo and is 62 years old. Ex-wife is Maureen and he resides in New Orleans, LA

My name and tel # are as follows

ronald parker
    606-523-1422

303 maple street
    corbin, ky 40701

fre

bgg

• Re
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Well, I'll tell you what: I'm someone who tries to keep my infomration out of these people search websites, because of all the criminals, snoops, and individuals who could use my information. They are out there, and if you think these sites are all positive, where people connect to always be friendly to each other, you need to be reborn into reality.

So, I'm glad you paid for people's reports who didn't realize you were snooping all through their records without consent from them. You deserved to get scammed if you had bad reason or unreliable, voyeur, or negative reason to find the person.

Do you think people who've suffered assaults and murder attempts on them, like their offenders to be able to find them all over these people search cwebsites.

Think again: Is this freedom of info act for the people, or allowing danger for the people.

They are out there, people that will look up their victims and people to harm on these websites, so you who say it's this friendly connecting website of info., have some sort of naivete problem, or were born yesterday, or are helping to hide the fact that the sites allow murderers, rapists, and bad people to find victims. It's not about having a victim mentality what I'm saying: It's about having common sense for ones safety and survival.

• Ho
      24th of Jul, 2010

These places should be shut down. They are breeding ground for stalkers and predators. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO GATHER AND SELL THIS INFORMATION!

• Or
      4th of Aug, 2010

The people search sites seem to be all crooked? First they mislead with the free there is nothing free about them. Who is watching them or regulating them ? No one they can just make up stuff on you that is not true.
    If an potential employer is using this, no wonder with all the qualifications people still can't get hired.
    Has anyone filed any class action law suits against them? Let me know.

• Na
      13th of Aug, 2010

I appreciate the opportunity to comment from the PeopleSearchPro company's perspective. While there are many people search sites I can only speak for PeopleSearchPro. There are many individuals who want to be found and many who do not want to be found. I receive concerning inquiries from those who can't find their own information, from those who want to update or add information and those who are appalled to be found on our site. I want to note that we will allow any member or non member to opt themselves out of our search results. Submit a request here and it will be done and you will be provided a confirmation email.

We do offer a guarantee in our terms and there are several lines and it begins with 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We will assist you in finding what you need once you've paid a fee as part of the guarantee. We will guarantee there will be at minimum a name or an address or you will receive a refund. The timeliness of the information is typically an area of concern that we work to address on an individual basis. I will work to find Ronald's information for him and if 'sad in TN' could contact me at [protected]@PeopleSearchPro.com referencing this post I'll be happy to look into that issue more.

Our membership includes searches for people and available contact information such as addresses and address history, email address contacts, phone numbers, date of birth, age, neighbors and relatives or associated individuals. Not all this information is available on each search result, if we have it you'll see it in the results. We are not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), and the information in the databases has not been collected in whole or in part for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. Membership does not include unlimited background checks, private phone reports (typically cell phones) or Investigative reports like Onsite Records Retrieval from the courts or 3rd party searches by licensed professionals. With membership those items can be purchased at a discount in bulk. We do auto renew our memberships and we do send out a notice 30 days in email before this occurs allowing anyone at anytime to cancel this auto renewing process while logged in to the site.

If anyone would have a specific situation I can assist in addressing please send your inquiry to [protected]@PeopleSearchPro.com and ask that it be referred to Michelle.

Sincerely