PS Prevention Services / FRADULENT CHECK

1 Holland, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 616 843-5308

This company has made an unauthorized deduction of $295.00 from my checking account as of 12/11/2008 on check #[protected]. The check is made out to Payment Systems and shows on the back being deposited on 12/10/2008 to Central National Bank, 324 W. Broadway, Enid, OK 73701. Their phone # on the check is [protected]. I called and left a message.

I would like my money refunded immediately. Jeanette Whelchel

Comments

• Do
      5th of Dec, 2008
    PS Prevention Services - my ckecking acc is billed$298.00 without my approval
    Ps Prvention services
    pennington
    Minnesota
    Phone: 1 218 835 7011

These people have credited my ckecking account for $298.00 on dec. 3. They are using a fake check. On the back of the check is the name of a bank: Geotral National Bank 324 W Broadway Enid OK 737d1. I would like to get my money back if it atall possible. Donna Engelsen

• Ju
      14th of Dec, 2008

PS Prevention services deducted 298.00 from my checking account as well without permission. When I called the phone number 1-888-221-2595 all I got was an answering machine. I am so annoyed. I am on a fixed income. Did you ever get your money back. Now my bank is saying they will have to file for fraud and I will have to change my bank account. I have been banking online for years and love the convenience of it. I would hate to have to stop banking online because of scams like this. They also used an old address of mine from 2 years ago.

• Ju
      14th of Dec, 2008

PS Prevention Services deducted $298.00 from my checking account electronically without my permission. I have no idea who this company is and did not authorize this payment. I am on a limited income and am furious about this. I need this money back A.S.A.P. The electronic copy of my check did not contain any information about PS Prevention services. The only thing they provided was a phone number 1-888-221-2685. When I called this number they said it was no longer in service. My bank provided me with another number 1-888-221-2595. When I called this number they did not identify the company name and said to leave a message.

• Ro
      23rd of Dec, 2008
    Indiana

This company has stolen $298.00 out of my bank account by using an electrionic check. I did not authorize this even though back said that it was a pre-authorizon deal. I called the number that the bank gave me for this so-called company and it does not give any name of a company nor a number. It plays some loud music for about 2 minutes then ask you to leave a message. Need less to say that my son X-Mas is gone. It was all the money that I had.

• Mo
      31st of Dec, 2008
    PS Prevention Services - Unauthorized checking withdrawal
    Morris, ACC.
    Ada
    Oklahoma

We too have been violated by this criminal company. On 12/03/08, 0ur checking acct was debited for $289.00 without our authorization. The bank was immediately notified on discovery. They have so far traced the receiving
    bank from Enid, Ok to another bank in New York. Listed telephone numbers for this company are no help. Upper
    Management of our bank has been fully informed and are on the case. We are also reporting this fraud to www.IC3.gov. The more people informed the better chance we have in getting these criminals in prison where they
    belong.

• Em
      3rd of Jan, 2009
    PS Prevtion Services

PS Prevention Services somehow got my bank account number and illegally took advantage om me by debiting $298.00 from my account on 11/04/2008. I would like my money back.

8th of Jan, 2009
    Phoenix
    Arizona

This company PS Prevention Services has jst stole from my account 296.00 out of my checking acct. I realized today 1/8/2009 when I checked my acct and called the bank who said that I had authorized this transaction which I certainly did not! I am very upset since I am a single mother of five and work hard for my money!!! I hope this company is brought to justice for its scams and hopefully I get my money back!!!

• Ta
      12th of Jan, 2009
    PS Prevention Services - Faud Check
    Virginia

I discover last night that PS Prevention Services took $295.00 out of my bank account with out my permission. I have notified my bank and even closed that account. My bank told me that because of the dollar amount they really don't do much of a investagation, they just credit me my money back. But my problem is not I have to wait for new checks and had to stop all actions on my old account!! Now I have to pay bills late and even the late fee!! I have 2 children and times are hard!! My bank told me to file a police report if I wanted to take further action. if you too have been a victim you do have grounds for a law suite!!

13th of Jan, 2009
    PS Prevention Services - Scammed money
    HCSRI
    Rhode Island

An 88 year old patient of mine with no computer and no access or skill to use one was charged $295 on 12/16/08 as an electronic debit. I called the number on the receipt and actually got a person on the third try. She was from India(why am I not surprised) and said the charge was for "Identity Theft Solution Services". When I explained this woman was 88 and wouldn't have a clue as to what that service was, she said they could not take the charge unless someone had given them the authorization, bank routing numbers, etc., on line. When I asked about WHO had done that, an e-mail address or an IP address, she had no answer. They do not keep those records. I demanded a refund, she said she would gladly do so and gave me a confirmation number. The original checking account is closed, the police and the bank(Bank of America) have been notified. Hopefully a refund will show up.

15th of Jan, 2009
    PS Prevention Services - Unauthorized check used
    Donna Moya
    King Ferry
    New York

On January 14, 2009, while checking my banking account...i noticed that 295.00 dollars had been taken out of my checking account...by a check that i supposedly had authorized...no signature required!!! I called the bank right up and told them i had not authorized such a withdrawal...and they told me they would put the money back. I also reported to the New York State Police. These people should not be living this kind of life. They should be put behind bars where they belong. My husband recently had a heart attack at the beginning of this year (Jan 1), and we are trying very hard to make ends meet as it is...then comes this...hope they catch these people (with their Indian accents and all).

• Mi
      22nd of Jan, 2009

Suprise, suprise. We got robbed too. $295 withdrawn from checking on 1-14-09 with no signature required. We reported the actionss to our bank and filed fraud claims. This had caused us to overdraft our account, which incurred more charges. So we lost a total of $345, which is in the process of being refunded by our bank. I urge anyone, and everyone who this has happen to them, to make a formal complaint to their favorite source of government.

• Bo
      7th of Feb, 2009
    PS Prevention Services

This company took $298.00 out of my business checking account without our knowledge. Called the phone number on the check they wrote to our account and got a "please leave your number and we will call you back" message. No call back as yet. If anyone is investigating this they should notify me as I only write checks to 8 or 9 different places on this account. One of them must have sold/stoll our account number. Bon

• Vi
      3rd of Mar, 2009
    California

PS Prevention Services has charged my checking account $298 from Centra Credit Union on 11/06/08 without my knowledge and my authorization. Both my husband and I have tried to call them. They either don't answer the call or told us that they will check into this and issue refund check. We have contacted them since early Nov 2008 till now and still received no refund check back. It seemed that they have a way to steal my account number and bank route number to make a check. This needs to be stopped. I would like to know whether there is any way to get my money back.

• Ms
      12th of Mar, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I was promised a refund on 2/5/2009, still have received a refund. Do we have legal action to consider?

• Je
      17th of Apr, 2009

I also had this company ps take 298.00 out of my checking account without my approval.I have been told my refund check is in the mail.This happened back in nov2008.Is there some kind of legal action I can take?

21st of Apr, 2009

I WAS ALSO WAS CHARGED $298, OO AND WHEN I CALLED TO GET MY MONEY BACK, THEY SAID THEY WOULD TURN IT OVER TO THE FRAUD DIVISION AND I WOULD HEAR FROM THEM BUT NEVER DID . I HAVE BEEN CALLING AND ALL I GET NOW IS A BUSY SIGNAL. I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOOSE THIS MONEY AS I AM ON A FIXED INCOME. SANDRA WANDERSEE

• Sy
      20th of Dec, 2009

Same thing happend to me back in November 2008. I got charged for $298.oo the check did'nt have my current address it was actually an old one. I contacted the company with the 888 # on the check I actually spoke to a male service agent regarding this issue and without hesitation or argument he looked up my info and said I would be recieving a credit on my account within 5 days. And up to this day I have not revieved credit. I tried contacting them again and I have'nt been able to get a hold of them. Heads up on this next company its called "Smokeless Cigs" 888-221-2595 same thing just happend to me again same checkings account for the amount of $219.00 on Dec.18, 2009 and check also has my old address. Luckly my account did'nt have suficient funds and my bank declined it. I was advised to close my account and start fresh.

• Dm
      1st of Sep, 2010

this bank ( central national bank enid ok ) cleared a check made out to a mentaly handycapt person then days later after the money was withdrawn, the bank said the check was not good. we tried to make arangments with linda at the bank to pay back, but was flat told no. bridget"s( the handycapped person ) check is direct deposited. we told linda bridget only received 675.00 amonth to live on. but they took all her money from ssi. and left her nothing at all to live on. bridget is a good very honest person. they are doing her wrong. they o.k.ed that check. she wants to do the right thing. but they should not take every penny from her for there mistake. d.m.k. icabod39@yahoo.com