Prudent Securities Inc. / Unauthorized charges

Letter stated do not attempt to use check until I call them. I attempted to call but unable to get through. So, I got on the net and found this site. The check they sent me was drawn on Suntrust Bank, Savannah, Ga.

I see I'm not the only winner of $125, 000!!

La

Comments

15th of Apr, 2009

This must be the lates scam. I got the same letter but my bank is S&T of Philadelpia. the letter still originate in Canada and the Signature is from a Douglas R Thief. That should tell you right?

• Co
      17th of Apr, 2009

Is this a scam? Did anyone try cashing the check and find out anything more? Please let me know at pattersonconnie@msn.com. I'd like to find out if this is a claims Dept or not. I called them back and asked if this was a scam and he got indignant and said, "It is not"! I then asked will anything happen to me or my account b/c I'm pretty much pennyless. And he said, "You won and you will receive your winnings". So then, how do we know if this is fraudlant or not? I am furthing my research at BBB and will see before I take any action b/c if it's real, it would definitely be a wonderful blessing from God.

• Ra
      18th of Apr, 2009

Signature is Douglas R. Strief on my check, and written on TD Bank - 200 Lancaster Ave., Devon, PA 19333.

I am thinking this is a scam - as real winning would come from some place that I actually entered (ie I didn't enter any contest) - I don't have long distance phone service (though I could Skype call them), so I'm not wasting my time with that.

I am taking this whole mess to my Postal Inspector locally, as this is 'Mail Fraud' and therefore a Federal Crime under US Law.

Second issue - this letter is written as if from Canada, but there are no Canadian post marking on the envelope, which shows this to originate from within the US.

siath@live.com - if anyone wants more information on this, since I am going to follow this through to see someone spend time behind bars for this scam.

• He
      20th of Apr, 2009

I have just received the same letter. Prudent Securities, Inc. 483 Bay Street Toronto Canada. The check states

it is from Prudent Securities 12 Dakota Drive Emlenton, PA 16373. The bank S & T BNK 800 Philadelphia

Street Indiana, PA 15701 . The sad part is there is no where on this check that says you can't cash it so it makes

me wonder if people will go ahead and try and then they will have access to bank info. My envelope came from

Canada as well and had a canadian stamp and post mark. I would love a follow up.