Proxibid / A & W Surplus / all items received broken

I purchased several items from the online auction proxibid, from auction a&w surplus. All items appeared to be brand new and all shown in original boxes, with no specific description other than the names of the items. Every one of the boxed items were received broken! Most of them cleared used and filthy, even appeared to have been dropped and broken and had several missing parts. When I contacted them, I was told "too bad, sold as is". I am out the cost of the items and the outrageous shipping for the heavy boxes shipped seperately.

Comments

• Kl
      10th of Jul, 2009

I had good luck with A & W for two auctions and then I had the same problem. Junk shipped.

• Ka
      6th of Sep, 2009

I have recd lots of non working items all here just to remind me to stop buying from him. but the thing is that other than electronics he brings in some items that are at a great price, like detergent, clothes and all other kind of house goods. I have place my trust in him (owner) even though I have received from him lots of non working items sitting here just to remind me to stop buying from him. on his auction of 09/27/09, I purchase a 50"tv that he shows as on, a delicate way to tell you that you can trust on this item to work. the following info. is from the item history at auction //" is mark email to a friend this lot has received 14 pre-bids - lot# 149 high bid: $400.00 - watch lot sold - samsung 50"lcd hd tv on working - samsung 50" lcd hd tv on working // — I paid $400. for the tv, buyers premium %15% and 190.00 shipping. I have constantly ask him if the item is working and I am told, "it powers on!" - I complained only once of all the items I have purchased, first time I am doing this,. but I have question him about the shipping charges. we tried (my son and i) by all means to get the sound going on the tv, to no avail. got on live mail with a samsung technician that after a long chat, and a back and forth with my son who took over, samsung ruled out all the possibilities and gave him this final advised. -"I am sorry but it seems like your tv needs service because it has issue with the internal parts of the tv." it was at this time I just turned the tv off and email him /me: "we are here setting up the tv I purchase. everything is fine, but it has no sound. what do I do? -
    A&w:responded"we have never tested for sound only for picture."however, for sound you can run through cable or stereo system." is this stupid or what? when you turn on a tv the first thing it does either no picture at all, or a heavy grey sound, just as the picture.
    I just hope the damage does not turn to be as much as what I have already paid.// I am almost sure he is not going to reimburse me in any form or matter, just thought I tried. again, I have asked him about it and I cannot understand a word. this has to stop proxibid is an excellent live auction server, and he is going to take them downwith him. it is pitiful.

• Ms
      1st of Feb, 2010

I had the same thing. then, I was threatened regarding posting this information about them. if you do a search for a & w surplus on this site, you will see my post and I also have a blog about it with pictures!

• Ms
      13th of Mar, 2010

Update:I have been speaking with a representative with proxibid. she said that her company was very sorry about this incident and wanted to make amends. they have offered to refund all of my expenses in this transaction and an sincere apology. they understood my frustration and dissatisfaction. this came from proxibid, not a & w surplus. a & w surplus has yet to do anything about this and I strongly suspect they won't. crooked is as crooked does. I will continue to do business with proxibid, but I would advise anyone and everyone not to do business with a & w surplus and auctions.

• Pr
      18th of Jan, 2019

Proxibid advises to always review a seller's terms and conditions prior to bidding in any auction. Should an issue arise, we recommend working with Proxibid customer support to submit a dispute. Our team works with buyers and sellers to help settle disputes in a fair and amicable way.