Provo Craft

Cricut Explore

10876 South River Front Pkwy, Suite 600
South Jordan, Utah
cricut.com
I purchased the Cricut Explore on May 14, 2015. For a newlywed couple, this was a big and exciting purchase for us. We bought the Cricut with a gift card we received as a wedding present and leftover birthday cash I had. Unfortunately, my joy was short-lived as it started having problems after 2 weeks. I immediately contacted Cricut on June 1st. The customer care agent told me to send a picture of my proof of purchase and a video of my Cricut cutting, so they could determine the problem. I sent this proof the same day I received his email. He kept saying he was not able to see the attachments despite me confirming with others that the attachments were visible. After several weeks, he said to send it using a Dropbox link (I sent him an email with the dropbox link on June 29th). I finally heard back from him on July 8th, but it was to let me know that I did not send a video of the machine cutting, and that was a blatant lie because the email did contain a video of the machine cutting. He called me a few days later saying that he was going to send me a new mat and housing needle. I received these around the end of July, but the Cricut started having the same issue again. I emailed him on August 12th telling him that the same thing was happening and I sent a new video of it cutting again. I emailed him every other day for a week asking if he got the videos, but received no response. The last email I sent him was on August 17th. He did not respond until August 25th stating that he was out of the office for medical reasons, and that if I still needed assistance, he would give me a call. On August 26th and 28th, I emailed him and asked if he could view the attachments I previously sent and what could be done to fix it. He did not respond until September 1st when he gave me a call and said his supervisor wanted to try something where she could share my screen and see what the problem could be. I told him my available time when she could call me (between 5 and 6pm any day of the week). I told him I would be out of town on September 3rd and he said he would take note of that, and she would probably be calling me that Friday, September 4th. I have not heard from anyone at Cricut since his phone call 24 days ago.

I'm sure you can imagine my frustration after patiently working with a customer care agent for 4 months and still having a worthless product. As for hi leave, I can understand being out for a medical reason, but in any business (ESPECIALLY customer service) if you are going to be out for more than a day, you set an out-of-office message and forward the customer along to another representative. I find it very troubling that he apparently spoke with his supervisor about my ongoing situation and they did not think to personally contact me apologizing for the trouble and ask how they could help.

At this point, I just want a full refund for the product, as I will no longer be making purchases from this company.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics
More Provo Craft Complaints & Reviews