providian creditcard / past due account

6100 Corporate Dr. Suite 460Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-846-4491, 281-657-7250
I was involved in a serious motor vehicle acccident resulting in me being in a coma. My bills DID NOT get paid. I had things forwarded to my grandmothers house for safe keepimg - BACK IN 2002!!! I recently recieved a phone call from my grandmother saying someone called and left a message regarding an incident - it was J Rosborough telling me I was being sued for my debt. I called back to make arrangements and, no one knew who he was- I was then contacted by a MRS HANKS- VERY RUDE and unproffessional- I made arrangements with her. I also requested LEGAL documentation from her and this is what I recived via email:

Here is the letter that you requested.

Thanks

Cindy Lopez
Administrative Assistant
Law Offices of Andrew Marancik PC
6100 Corporate Dr. Suite 460
Houston, Texas 77036
Toll Free: [protected]
Local Direct [protected]

WTF?! How is this a legal letter / document and WHO the F is Cindy Lopez????? I am NOW attempting to contact them... NO LUCK!

Comments

Ci
  18th of Nov, 2008
What yu recieved is not a legaal letter. Also Providian Credit card was bought out by Wamu a few years ago.
I think you are being scamed.
Ev
  31st of Mar, 2009
I think that I am the next victim of this scam. I had a life threatening illness and the same thing happened to me as well but my teenage daughter is the one that took my bills and hid them and threw them away. It took me quite sometime to get back on my feet as I had lost my job and had to find two part time jobs just to make ends meet. I had an attorney working on this matter. They said I had been served by a constable and as of yet I do not recall having been served or signing any documents. When asked for them to show proof of this paper work by my attorney they did not provide proof however somehow they have frozen my bank account. I am lost as to what recourse to take as my attorney has bailed on all her cases due to health.