Providence Financial / Fraud and cheating

1 Jamaica Review updated:

Much like the other two person's reports I have read, I to was scammed by this company. Just over three weeks ago, I was contacted by Kimberly Watts who said my loan application I had filed online had been forwarded to her. Ms. Watts told me that I had been approved for a $3000.00 loan.

Loan papers were faxed to my work which I was to fill out and fax back with a copy of my paystub, driver's license and social security card. After doing so, Ms. Watts informed me that I would have to wire a deposit in the amount of $375.00 (fee for which was $22.50) as a security deposit for my loan to a Mr. Omar Sales. I did so and called Ms. Watts back with the confirmation number.

I was next contacted by a Mr. James McCoy who stated that my money would be in my account within 24 hours. When it was not, I called Mr. McCoy back to find out why. Mr. McCoy informed me that the lender had further reviewd my credit and was requiring a additional $400.00 deposit. However, Mr. McCoy stated that both deposits would be credited as payments on my loan after I had made 3 payments on time. I wired the money (fee $24.00) again to Mr. Omar Sales and called with a confirmation number. Mr.McCoy again stated that the money would be in my account within 24 hours.

Again, it was not. I contacted Mr. McCoy again who stated he would have to check into why the money had not been released and would call me back. Hours later and no phone call, I again called Mr. McCoy. This time Mr. McCoy stated that the Jamacain government was requiring $800.00 for a border tax, but that since I had not been made aware of this tax, his company was willing to pay half of it. Having absolutely no choice at this point since I had already spent over $800.00 and was desperate, I wired the additional money(fee $24.00) yet again to Mr. Omar Sales. Once again I was promised that $3000.00 would be in my account that same day.

That was over a week ago, I still have not received any money or had my monies refunded to me. I am in contact with Mr.McCoy multiple times daily in the hopes that he will come through with the money just to shut me up. He is currently attempting to get me to wire an additional $300.00 which I have informed him I absolutely will not do. While I sincerely hope that this company will do as promised, right now it looks like I am out over $1200.00. (Which I desperately need. I am a single mom with 4 kids.)

I feel really stupid right now, and hope that this letter will keep someone else from getting duped.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      14th of May, 2009

i am in that same situation now and have spent over 3500.00 at this point .. my provider is cover financila group .. i am so scred and sick to my stomach that i as well have been scammed . keep me posted as i will you .. ~ michelle~

23rd of May, 2014

Going through the same exact thing. Company Im dealing with is Presidency Financial. Had to western union them first 4 payments and then will agree to loaning me an additional 10, 000. Getting the run around and excuses. The guy finally emailed with a pic of the check. I googled and see the name that was signed to it comes up with a scam and people need to file with BBB. We did and the guy got mad. keep me updated