Protron Digital Corporation / pltv-3250

PA, United States Review updated:
4.1
My adapter for the televison no longer works. The television is less than two years old. I tried to contact the company. However, the [protected] does not work.
De

Comments

Sa
  19th of Oct, 2008
Spectroniq is associated to a company in Ontario, Canada. Their contact info is:

3257 E Guasti Rd Ste 320, Ontario, CA 91761-1231 (Map)

Phone: (909) 354-4120

SIC:Household Audio and Video Equipment

Line of Business:Mfg Home Audio/Video Equipment

I have a similar problem with the adapter/power supply. I am trying to locate a replacement power supply I can buy. I am not interested in their warranty service. Another technician said he tried contacting them and got the news that the company had filed for bankruptcy. I am not sure if the information is correct, though.
De
  27th of Oct, 2008
I purchased a Protron DVD Recorder and have had problems with it since I purchased it and within 2 months of purchase it has stopped working completely. I have been unsuccessful with getting in touch with the company. I have tried to email them, I have tried to call them but the number does NOT work 1-888-257-8899. The products that they sell are CRAP!!!
Ju
  6th of Nov, 2008
Same here but I found out Protron merged with Digital Lifestyles and when I contacted them they acted like Protron Tvs are from Mars... Worst off is this tv has been used maybe 20 hours total.
Jr
  14th of Nov, 2008
I too have a similar problem with the power cord. After repeated attempts to call what numbers I have been able to locate online, I have came to the conclusion that this company is a real rip-off. By the way it seems that they did file for Chapter 11 in order to get their financial affairs in order. That probably means they will be changing phone numbers & addresses AGAIN. GRRRRR
Ce
  22nd of Jan, 2009
I have a DVD Recorder that does not work at all. After reading the complaints from others and trying to get in touch with the company, I have decided that the best way to handle this is to throw the unit out and buy one that does work from a reliable company. My only hope is that all the people that started and run this company are now out of work and getting their just rewards for ripping off so many people.
Ch
  8th of Apr, 2009
Protron or whatever they want to be called SUCKS!! We have three year old 32" LCD that we bought a 3 years extended warrantee on. Literally 3 months after the warrantee ended the TV completely died and is not even repairable because the parts are not available. SEARS sucks even more who refuses to deal with this situation. They were more than willing to accept it out of warrantee so long as it could be repaired. But once they found out that it was not even repairable, they refused to help us out. SO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT ANYWHERE AND ESPECIALLY NOT FROM SEARS!
Joani and Chris
Ga
  29th of Jun, 2010
I HAVE A SPECTRONIQ ( UNDER PROTRON) PORTABLE DVD PLAYER WITH TWO SCREENS. WELL ONE OF THE SCREENS STOPPED WORKING AND THE OTHER ONLY PLAYS CORRECTLY IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION. IF YOU TRY TO TURN IT AND USE IT ON THE HEADREST, THE POWER CORD SLIPS OUT AND YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM BUT NOTHING WORKS...PHONE OR WEB ADDRESS. I NEED A DUAL POWER CORD TO POWER UP BOTH PLAYERS. I TRIED RADIO SHACK AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT. I WILL ONLY BE BUYING SONY FROM NOW ON.

GARRETT
Op
  1st of Jul, 2012
Going to add my complaint to the growing list of dead Protron TV's. I paid about 1300.00 and now don't know if I should dig myself deeper into debt to find repair. MAY CALL BEST BUY FOR INFORMATION TRIED THE COMPANY # WHICH IS ALWAYS BUSY. A JOKE TO CONSUMERS >SHOP NBC< WONT BUY FROM YOU AGAIN!!!