Protection One / Harrassment, threats, fraud

1 highland, United States Review updated:

I had a 2 year contract. I noticed them that I wanted to cancel it 6 months ago. I told them 2 weeks before it expired and sent them 20 emails. I then called multiple times. I sent a letter. They sent me a post card. I sent it back. Then, they told me that they received the post card 2 days late and had to assess me a fee of 100 dollars. This is fraud. Someone should stop them. After this, they started calling me and harrassing me telling me that I was late paying them one day after I was sent the bill by email.

Comments

27th of May, 2009

Next they will come and remove the entire system and your contract says they don't have to clean up, or care about messing up anything.

2nd of Oct, 2009

I was grandfatered in with Protection One via Multimedia, I've had the alarm system for about fifteen years, and last year I noticed that they were billing me twice a month every month. I called and spoke with some lady and she told me that I had missed a payment and that is why they had sent a bill for two months, I knew that was'nt true. I had to call again the following month and they told me that they always bill a month in advance and I told them that this was not acceptible so they took it off when I told them that they need to take it off or cancel my service. Well they did it again, and I have cancel my monitoring service with them.

They are truly a RIP OFF

5th of Oct, 2009

My name is Chris, and I am with Protection One’s Executive Customer Relations team, where our focus is on resolving unique issues that sometimes occur.

At Protection One, we do strive to provide an excellent level of customer service, and I regret learning of the experience you describe here. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to review your account more closely with you. Could you please contact us anytime between 8:00am and 5:00pm CST Monday through Friday at (877) 835-3338 or at CustomerRelations@ProtectionOne.com? Please be sure to provide your name, contact information or account number. You also may reach us at CustomerService@ProtectionOne.com seven days a week.

Thank you for your time. I sincerely hope to hear from you.

Chris.

24th of Nov, 2009

Protection One is a fraud!
    Read the contract before you sign it. And beware that their monitoring services are poor. I discontinued my service because Protection One was not monitoring my home for two months, yet I was making monthly payments faithfully. Now, they are harassing me for $300.00 (remaining contract fee). Its a rip off and something needs to be done.

I do not recommend this monitoring company.

• Ro
      1st of Dec, 2009

My name is Susan, and I am with Protection One’s Executive Customer Relations team, where our focus is on resolving unique issues that sometimes occur.

Thank you for your time. I sincerely hope to hear from you.

Susan

• Eu
      5th of Nov, 2014

My contract ran out with protection one, and they call and call trying to get me to continue and I said no, and I told that I did not want to be with them anymore .you I had my account with paying automatic of bank and it continue f poo r at least 6 months or more. And they still call me about a bill. But you see I want my. Money back from them, and they call me about twice a week. Shamburger

• Eu
      5th of Nov, 2014

my contract with protection one ran out. .protection one began to call and call and call trying to get me to continue with them and I said no I did not want to continue with them and the same time my bank account was paying them through automatic for. At least. Six months until I had it it stop. Not paying attention to my acct. I have call protection one, several times to stop calling me
    . You see the alarm had not work in at least two years. They knew it. I would like every one to be aware of this company .because it I not right for them to do that to people .again Shamburger