Protection One / Rip off

3351 Candelaria Rd NE, Suite EAlbuquerque, NM, United States Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 800-Get-Help
Protection One Security has a 2 year contract that is written to make you think it's for 2 years, but if you don't cancel on your 2 year anniversary, or in my case they lost my cancellation request, Protection One Security will automatically renew contract continually in 1 year intervals.

After 6 months of paying extra monthly payments (2 1/2 years total) and calling continuously I stopped paying and they turned me over to collections. 6 more months of dealing with collection companies (refusing to pay what I don't owe) they started reporting unpaid collection account to credit agencies. This all took place between [protected]. It is now 5 years later and they are still reporting it to credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion and Experian) every month.

I am sure other companies use this strategy also (alarm, gym, etc.) but Protection One Security is the one that screwed me and continues to do so.
Va

Comments

St
  5th of Nov, 2008
Dear Roland,

I would like the opportunity to speak with you, discuss your concerns, and see if we can reach a mutual resolution regarding your complaint. Please contact me at your convenience so I can ensure this is addressed in a timely manner. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Stephanie Winkler
Executive Customer Relations
Toll: 877-835-3338
Email: stephaniewinkler@protectionone.com
Ma
  21st of Jan, 2009
I signed a 3 year contract so I thought. I'm paying over $30.00 a month which included the insurance plan. So I have a problem with 2 parts in my system and go online to speak with them, and was told that parts are not included with the insurance. They could bill me for the part and send it to me. I've wasted hundreds of dollars on the insurance. I call the call center and was lied to again, until I get the supervisor who told me that the other two ladies were incorrect. She tried to give me the run around thinking I was stupid. Now I want to cancel my service and it's like pulling teeth. They asked me did I read the SMALL PRINT that says I'm still under a contract. That I only have a small window to cancel my contract when it renews each year. I hope the rest of you read this. She also told me that she would review my contract and maybe even come out after I cancel and rip the system out. WOW!!

Stay far, far away from Protection one and read the small print.

If you would like to talk to me about this just email me at xgamark20x@aol.com