protect my id.com / False advertising/documentation

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I am a current paid member with protect my id. After receiving a letter from a company that I work with notifying me that my ss# has been miss placed and that I should put a fraud alert on my credit files, I log into my protect my id account and find the following information explaining what protect my id assists their customers with"
"2. Place fraud alerts on your credit report
We'll help you place an immediate, 90-day alert on your credit report at all three major credit bureaus, to warn lenders and other potential credit grantors that you may be a victim of identity theft. Plus, we'll help you renew the fraud alert if necessary, or add a 7-year alert if your identity proves to have been stolen."
The phone conversation with protect my id consisted of the representative giving me the number to Experian credit agency, with no further assistance and no explanation of why the above statement is completely disregarded as part of my costly membership.

Ky

More protect my id.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ph
      3rd of Nov, 2010

Experian and its subsidiary, protectmyid.com, are parasites that collect your personal information, sell it to others and then have the gall to charge you to see it as well. Protectmyid.com offers you nothing you couldn't do yourself in about five minutes a month online. And, worse, even while you're paying them monthly to do next to nothing, they STILL charge you to see your credit report and score.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this scam.