Protect America / Watch out!! I worked there

Not fully knowing how these people operate I started working there around December, soon I learned how
it works...The only reason Im revealing these practices is for everyone to watch out and be careful when doing business with them.

First, customer service is only trained to sell you more equiptment and to upgrade.
The customer service managers constantly push the customer service reps to force
customer to buy more sensors and more equiptment .
For example they will cold call you, and tell you that you need to upgrade
your keypad, to a new digital one that costs about $300.00, why? because the
rep makes 20%, the manager another 20% and the worst part is that the very same
equitpment that they try to sell you for $309.00 actually costs $54.00 out there in the store.

Second, when you sign up, they are not told about the 3 year contrac and how it AUTOMATICALLY
renews, WITH your permission OR WITHOUT, like the managers say it dont make a difference
"We will make them pay, until we get all out money""...same words my manager told me when
a distressed unemployed customer called trying to cancel.

Third, when customers call, I always picked up the call and helped them, however other reps, would
simply drop the call just because they "didnt feel" like talking to the customer at that moment.

Fourth, the reason I no longer work there is because I told a customer he could
return the equiptment he had purchased, and I was being monitored.
I was called to a meeting where I was told I was not supposed to let
customers return anything, my manager then said "Remember, we are
bonusing out of those sales "...The customer had already qualified for
upgraded equiptment, but he was mislead in order to force him to buy
more equiptment.

Last, people if I write this is because I saw it first hand, there are good customer service reps, however
it's out of our hands and we are forced by our manages Steven, Susan and Bradley to
SELL, SELL, SELL, and tough luck for the "poor" sucker who signed up ...

Please send you CXL letter before they suck you in for 3 more years...

Comments

• Co
      31st of Jul, 2009

how can u cancel after a yr do you pay the full amount owed?

• Th
      28th of Oct, 2009

My system doesn't work EVER! It fails all of the time, and when they state they will have someone call to fix the "under warranty" system, they never do. They couldn't even get their payment system worked out!! They wouldn't take credit cards because of some kind of transition, then they wanted an automatic draft ... I told them no way ...not unless they fixed everything ... Now I just tell them no way! They had their chance!

I had someone tell me I could get out of the contract and now they are saying that I can't; the flip back and forth; and have no clue what is going on!

So I faxed and emailed them the same information that I am not paying for DEFECTIVE equipment, and a system that is not being monitored!

Everyone needs to file a complaint here if they contacted these people online!

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

ps. I have already sent in TWO cancellations!! And they are still ignoring them. It is going to take more than that to stop these thieves!