Proplayer Timeshare ResaleFraud

S Review updated:

Al Allen the director of sales contacted me and told me that he had someone that was interested in buying my timeshare, which I was not looking to sell. I asked him how much and when he told me the amount I said ok. He convinced me to give him $1250.00 for marketing fees up front. He said that if I had any questions in the future that I cound contact him anytime. I gave him the money on May 1st, and have been calling him weekly since then. He has yet to take my call or call me back.

Jul 13, 2009

If this is fake, then why did he respond to my Emails after I contacted him about his response.
    That was the first time he has responded to any calls or Emails. I guarantee that this money was paid by me, and I have the credit card statement to prove it. I also have documentation of the numerous times that I have tried to contact Mr. Allen since I gave him this money. What I have indicated in my previous complaint is the truth. You can decide if it is fraud. I just do not want them to be able to continue telling people that they will SELL their property if they do not even have a license to sell anything in Florida. I found this out when I called the Attorney General's office.

• F
      Jul 16, 2009

I agree. I signed up to sell in late December 2008 and was told I would receive a $250 gas card if I did not receive a viable offer within 3 months. I have been calling approximately every other week since the end of March. Only in July was I told that there was something stopping them from offering the gas card and they were trying to figure out how to compensate their clients. The only reason why I chose to register my timeshare with ProPlayer and ignored the "this is a scam" voice in my head was because of their indicated support of the armed forces on their website. I will be filing a complaint shortly with the Better Business Bureau, but until then will keep my name anonymous because I do not trust these people at all.

I encourage you NOT to trust ProPlayer. Find a way to donate your timeshare if necessary but do not support this "business".

Jul 18, 2009

Thank you for your comment. The more people that post information the more people we can save this headache. The economy is too bad right now for company's to be allowed to deceive people in this manner. I really trusted this man after he talked with me on the phone for 30 minutes then I never could get him to return my calls, and it does not even bother him that I feel this way. Why should it he already has my money? Instead he is threatening me because I told the truth about his customer service. Be aware!!!

Jul 26, 2009

Is Mr Al Allen a ligitimate sales person? he want to do business with me in regards to a Time share property I have in Miami
    But before i can go through with this deal I need to know of him if he is a ok person.

I await your reply.

Aug 03, 2009

I do not know if Mr. Allen is a legitimate salesperson, but I was told from the Attorney Generals office that Proplayer timeshare resale is not certified in the state of Florida to sell anything. If I had it to do over I would not give him my money. If he legitimately wants sell your property he should do it on comission. That way you know that he will work to sell it. I am currently persuing options to get my money back.

Sorry for the delay. I have been on vacation.

Aug 12, 2009

New information received today from Pro Player Timeshare Resale indicates, "For Instance Pro Player Timeshare Resale show ZERO sales for 2008 but new properties may range between 1 and 1000." You can decide if you like those odds. Also, this company requires payment with a major credit card BEFORE you receive the agreement to sign and my agreement did not have all of the same information on it that I was told on the phone. I would not give them any money without seeing the agreement first.

Sep 07, 2009

I'm also, been taken for a ride. Has anyone had any luck getting their money back as promised? If you have I'd be interested in knowing how to go about getting mine back. I've also called several times, asked to speak with Mr. Al Allen and I have never received a return call. Has anyone tried small claims court or have I just lost the $1250.00? Thanks.

Sep 09, 2009

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau which they are not a member of, the attorney general's office, they told me that this company did not have a license to sell anything in Florida, the dept of agriculture which sent them a letter, and Mr. Allen responded with some crazy lies about what he had sent to me before I paid my money. I have now contacted an attorney. I will let my attorney know that there have been additional complaints because I would like for everyone that has been taken for a ride by this company or man whichever it may be, to get their money back. I think that the good guys should win and stop these people from making money off of people that they get to believe in them and then they have not remorse. They need to get a REAL job like us. Did Mr. Allen tell you that he would "sell" your property and that they can typically sell them within 3 weeks? That is what I was told, and now he is saying that he never told me that he would "sell" my timeshare. I do not see how this man sleeps at night.

Sep 09, 2009

I would like to get a group together for a class action law suite, please advise if you interested.

Sep 11, 2009

I am interested if you can find an attorney to take it on.

Sep 14, 2009

spinnermom - Have you had any luck with attorny? I will check into on later this week, I'll have some time Thursday.

All others, stay away from Mr. Allen. He will tell you one thing to get your business, and months later when you timeshare has not sold, he will tell you that the company has changed their policy! He won't call you, he won't send you a change to sign, they just posted on the internet for 30-45 days, oh, you missed, sorry, our company change the contract, but failed to tell you!!

I would also recommend everyone to contact your credit card company and file a fraud/dispute with them, maybe the word will get out and save someone else.

• L
      Oct 16, 2009

I agree, they sent my agreement with a different Resort, not even the one I owned!

Oct 20, 2009

Has anyone had any luck getting your money back? I have been out of town/country for a few weeks. I'm not sure where to go from here. I have contacted my credit card company, filed a fruad complaint. They have credited my account $1250.00 while they contact Pro Player Time Share. I haven't heard back from them as of yet. Not sure where I'm going to go next. Has anyone thought about taking Pro Player Time Share to small claims court? Don't give up, and don't get involved with Pro Player Time Share.

• J
      Nov 03, 2009

find out more about timeshare sales rip offs at
    www. TUG2.NET

the Florida attorney general has started proceeding against one of the rip off sales sleaze companies...

see more here..

Dec 03, 2009

I have finally made contact with an attorney, he is reviewing my paperwork. I will post more information as I get it.

Dec 20, 2009

The attorney I spoke with suggested I take them to small claims court. I'll report back again later.

Dec 28, 2009

I received a call from Al Allen tonight. He was following up on my refusal to do business with another of their representatives a few weeks ago. He sounded very convincing, but I didn't agree to anything. but I did consider it. I'm glad I found this website; it verifies that I made the right decision. Thanks for the posts, and good luck with the lawsuit. I'm glad to know the Florida Attorney General is aware of the problem with timeshare resale ripoffs. I have received many calls from resale companies and everyone of them came from Florida. SW

Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone taken Pro Player Time Share to small claims court yet?

• D
      Feb 08, 2010

This is the same story I have been through. I was contacted 11-3-08 and told that he could sell my timeshare within 3 months or he would send me a $250.00 gas card. I wrote them and requested my gas card and have never received it or an offer on the sale of my timeshare. I was really stupid and let him get to me for $2787.00. Hope we all can get the timeshare sellers off the market that require money up front. I have made a firm committment that nobody will ever get any up front money in the future. I would be interested to receive any info on how we can get are money refunded. Please contact me at [protected]@hotmail.com

Pro Player Time Share

I have been waiting for 2 months for my refund after intent to cancel notification was sent to them.

• R
      May 13, 2010

Cost 981.oo dollars up front will return after 90 days if not sold have a buyer waiting to buy. Will it has been pasted 90 days so I asked for my money back and was told I had to ask before 90 days. I beleive this is a company that is in bussness to fraud their customers would like the attorney general of Florida to look into their operation Thank You Robert E. Byers, 241 W. Pearl Ave. Stockton, Ca. 95207

• F
      May 25, 2010

I'm so glad I found this website, I was just contacted by proplayer timeshare resale to sell or rent my timeshare with them and they make evrything sound so convincing that I almost agreed. Something just told me to look them up first and thank god I did cause otherwise I would've just suffered a loss right now. The only reason I considered selling anything was because I'm in a very tight financial situation right now, and that would've been the final straw. Thank u all for ur comments, they were so helpful to me and if any of u know a legitimate way to sell a timeshare, please contact me with info @ [protected]@yahoo.com.

Jun 21, 2010

cost 600.00 up front, I was very skeptical, but al allen talked me into it.The same contract as these others, its been about two years, tried my best to get my money back, never did.I thought my credit card company could get it back.They made up this excuse.This company is a total fraud.I could use that money back.This company name is pro player timeshare, thanks.Maggie bowers

Aug 11, 2010

In regards to the complaints listed above, your complaints should be forwarded to the following:

James Astuto
    Investigator II
    Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Svcs.
    E-mail: [protected]@doacs.state.fl.us

State of Florida
    The Capitol PL-01
    Tallahassee, FL [protected]
    Fraud Hotline [protected]

Not only does this company engage in fraudulent timeshare practices Pro Player Timeshare Resale also offers fraudulent magazine sweepstakes if you purchase a magazine subscription through their other company, US Digest. They’re out to get your money one way or the other.

THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!

Aug 14, 2010

PRO PLAYER TIMESHARE RESALE, LLC SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!

Florida Limited Liability Company

FRANKLIN, NEKENJA B

Title MGRM
    FRANKLIN, JUNE
    ST PETERSBURG FL 33713 US

Nekenja B. & June Franklin SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!

HOW CAN THIS COMPANY BE STOPPED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

THIS OWNER HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH THE FOLLOWING:

*SIMPLE BATTERY/DOMESTIC (PRIORS)
    *TAMPERING WITH A VICTIM
    *BATTERY AGG ON PREGNANT FEMALE
    *BATTERY-DOMESTIC
    **AGGRAVATED BATTERY (PREGNANT FEMALE)

Sep 20, 2010

To everyone that has dealt with this company and had a bad experience, and I am quite sure that is everyone that has dealt with them. Please file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in Florida. Bill McCollum is investigating these companies for fraudluant activity but he has not received enough complaints about this company. I would think that 1 complaint would be enough but it is not. If you want to have the slightest chance in getting your money back, please do this! Also, if you have been contacted by a lady by the name of Shandy that says that she is working for a taskforce revoery service, do not call her back or give her the time of day. She is just someone else trying to take your money.

• L
      Oct 01, 2010

I was a victim too. I gave Mr. Allen $1, 250 from my credit card and did not get my $250 gas card. I have recently had several companies calling me regarding my timeshare. I just don't know what to do. I will contact the Attorney General's office in Florida. Too bad this has to happen in America.

Oct 19, 2010

If you are trying to get your money back and you are unsuccessful, please try calling these people: TSF Recovery. They are licensed and bonded COLLECTION AGENTS. They have nothing to do with timeshare resale. I contacted my attorney after being scammed from a similar operation myself. He was willing to take them to court, but I had to pay him a retainer of $1500, and then a percentage of the ruling in court. I told him I couldn't afford that, so he suggested I try a consumer collection agency. He did tell me that I would either have to pay a fee upfront to them or they would end up taking 50-60% but either way it would be cheaper than hiring him. I did some research and found this company. They are listed in the yellow pages, and when I checked them out with the Division of Consumer Services, and The Florida Office of Financial Regulation, I found that they had NO COMPLAINTS. There are a few other companies out there that "claim" to get your money back, but most of them are timeshare resellers themselves, AND they are telemarketing you. Don't you wonder how they are able to get your number? They are using the list of the people they have already scammed!!! The phone number for TSF Recovery is: [protected]. They do charge a small retainer upfront, but the contingency is only 20%. Sure beats a lawyer!

Oct 26, 2010

I spent $450- after being convinced by Jay Styles that they would be able to rent my timeshare for about $2000 to $3000 a week. I was told that I would be sent a contract to sign within the week and would get a copy of same via e-mail to puruse. After several phone calls and five weeks I had received nothing so I lodged a complaint with the local Chamber of Commerce. When I called back I was told that since I lodged a complaint no one from the company would talk to me, the company preferred to settle the complaint through the Chamber. I then lodged a complaint with the Florida Dep't of Agriculture - Consumer Division. That was over two months ago and the only thing I have received is an e-mail from the Chamber indicating that no one from Proplayer has responded to any of its communications. Anytime I call Jay Styles is out or in a meeting. How convenient!!

Feb 07, 2011

Sam thing happened to me I paid $2105 to rent it. Only reason I did it was becasue I was promised a check for $7690 withing two weeks. They said they had someone that wanted to rent it now. They also promised up 3 gas cards for three different contracts. They wouldn't return my calls or emails. Then they said they ended the program. I told them it doesn't matter becasue of the granfather clause. It is alreadyin our contract. I have been fight ever since to get the cards and or full refund of money. I do not knwo why they are still in business doing the same thing to people over and over!

Feb 07, 2011

Do not call TSF Task Force recovery listed above. They are a scam too. Preying on fraud victims!

Feb 07, 2011

I have reported it to BBB and AG. I got no where with both. They both said they can not help to get an attorney and small claims court. That would be very pricey considering I live out of state and can not be there go to small claims court. Turningit over to the Dept of AG maybe they can help.