prophotonation.com / misrepresentation of merchandise

1 7595 San Mateo DriveBoca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-663-8106

I placed an order for a Canon 50D camera and package. The order was given a confirmation number and I was sent an email stating the order would be processed in 24-48 hours. I had to call when I didn't receive the email and was enticed into ordering "better lenses". I was never told the lenses would not be Canon lenses. I received the order to find the lenses were Sigma brand and were very poor lenses. Also the items received with the Camera were not part of the original ordered package, items ordered were missing, and items received were of low quality and not worth the money. When I tried to return the package I was stone walled. I ended up calling my Credit Card Company and placed a dispute on the charges. After many days of calling and emailing, I finally got a return authorization number and shipped the junk back. I got a full refund, I think this is partly due to the investigation my credit card company was doing on my behalf. I learned a valued lesson here.
PLEASE DON'T DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, OR ANY COMPANY WHO ADVERTISES PRICES WELL BELOW THE AVERAGE. Other companies to avoid are soniccameras.com, and cameragiants.com. They are a bait and switch operations. Save yourself the time and aggrivation and buy from a reputable company either locally or on the web.

Ka

Comments

Sp
  5th of Apr, 2009

I have tried twice, to purchase cameras from camera giants, both times, was given a hard azz sales pitch to buy ridiculously overpriced batteries, filters, warranty, memory cards. I refused, politely, and was immediately told " thank you, your order will arrive in 3-4 weeks".. i am sure it will never arrive. 1 order has been close to 4 weeks now. I am sure it will not be filled.

These idiots, along with Sonic Cameras, BroadwayPhoto, Fotoconnection, Century21Electronics, are a few of the scam artists allowed to operate, MAINLY out of NY. I have gone so far as to file fraud complaints with NY State Attorney General. They never even responded. I filed with my own state A.G., and was sent forms and a query as to how I would like to proceed, escalate, etc. At least got a response, so no Kudos to NY A.G., they are to busy to actually police the HUGE amount of internet sales fraud that goes on in that state, in regards to online rip off companies, that all seem to enjoy a free ride in NY...

I actually tried once, to just keep plugging at one of these ### companies, they said 1-2 MONTHS for the camera, I am sure so I would just ' go away". I didn't, i kept waiting, over 4 months, and refused to cancel my order. I had to argue with these idiots to get them to give me an address for their PHYSICAL location, this company
" Century21Electronics " is every bit as bad, as the ones I mentioned. just so you know. And they are the ones I complained to the state A.G. about. They canceled my order without my permission, because they had NO intention of filling it.

Sonic Camera
Century21Electronics
Broadwayphto
Fotoconnection

stay away, the low price means NOTHING, you will have to buy at least double the camera cost in most cases in worthless add-ons to GET the camera you ordered.

Wa
  5th of Jul, 2009

ALL TRUE, YOU WILL NOT BE SOLD A CAMERA UNLESS YOU PURCHACE "ADDITIONAL OVER PRICED ACCESORIES". SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND HEADACHES AND DON'T DEAL WITH THEM. ALL THESE A** HOLES WILL BE FLUSHED BACK TO THE SEWERS WERE THEY BELONG.