Pronet Hosting / Cool Handle / Security

Hi:

I sincerely hope that you didn't sign up with these potential security thieves.

Signed up today and received the following in an e-mail:
----- start of e-mail ---
Thank you for your recent order. Before we can complete your order, we will kindly request that you send the following items:

- Copy of your government issued id
- Copy of your credit card (front / back) if you placed your order with a credit card.

Please understand we take your security very seriously and these requests are made to ensure we offer all of our customers the most secure web hosting environment possible. We also keep your privacy very secure. Only the highest level administrators have access to view your information that you send to us.

Please respond to this email with the requested information so that we can process your order in a timely manner.

Regards,
Cool Handle Web Hosting
Customer Support: [protected]
---- end of e-mail ---
(As you have found out, Pronet Hosting has merged with Cool Handle Web Hosting.)

The above is a COMPLETE BREECH OF SECURITY!!! One does not send in :
1. A copy of their government id,
2. A copy of their credit card - BOTH SIDES!!!

If you were to call your bank, they would tell you the same information.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE POTENTIALK SECURITY THIEVES!!!

Comments

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2010

Due to security and privacy policies we may, at times, request additional information from the customer to identify their identity. This is requested to protect all of our customers for malicious actives that may happen from un-verified customers.

Cool Handle Management

• Ha
      28th of Jun, 2012

This company did not require additional identification, but the do have a record of all of my information in their data banks. When I realized that I had hooked up with several internet marketing scammers, I cancelled my two domain names immediately and requested a refund. I had been required to sign up on May 1 for 24 months to receive the advertised monthly rate. I then received an e-mail from them that I had signed up for 12 months at a higher rate subsequent to my receiving an e-mail confirming my 24 month membership. I put in a ticket to obtain a refund of the money I paid. I could understand that the one year domain name I had registered for in March would probably not be refunded; however, the 2 year (262.00) May 1, 2010 one was cancelled prior to the "30 day" deadline. They do not prorate, but keep all money you have paid in advance for a year. I have received very nasty letters from them requesting the cancellation number sent to me, allegedly 4 times, which I never received. I sent them an e-mail through the cancellation e-mail they stated would have been the "sender" on the aforementioned 4 e-mails they said they sent, and requested they reply with the cancellation e-mail. I never received a response despite the fact that I had directly provided them with a way to send me the e-mail and prevent any typing errors on their part. Even though it may cost more to do a month to month account, it will be cheaper in the long run than paying 2 years in advance if you have dealt with the intermarketing scammers that direct you to their website and receive a commission for doing so. Harriet Orr

• Ha
      28th of Jun, 2012

No comment

• Dr
      22nd of Jul, 2013

Well, i would have started this thread if it wasn't already here. Today my site that is hosted by Cool Handle has dissappeared. My c panel shows no files. And I CANNOT talk to a support person any longer. YOU just get routed to India and they tell you to submit a ticket. So, my website that is my lively hood I cannot fix becuase the files are simple GONE! And yet the woman in India says my account is in good standing. I want to vomit. I am sickened and I paid them for 2 years of hosting up front. DO NOT JOIN this company. Pay MORE and go to a realiable server like Media Temple. You get what you pay for. Imagine that a big company was in my shoes. Walmart was just one day off line. NO way! These kind of companies use Media Temple. Thank god my other site is there. I used to argue wtih my friend about the better deal at Cool Handle. No more. LIve and learn the hard way. My site is but a memory now. HOping to protect someone by writing about this here.