PROMOMODELS / did not get paid for services rendered

palace of auburn hills opdyke rdAuburn Hills, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 248-333-2845

my frend and i worked for 44 hours each for an agency called promomodels.com in auburn hills michigan in mid october of this year. We were told to fill out w-9 forms and were told that we would be paid in 90 days. The never paid us. repeated efforts to contact them at their website were unsuccessful. i will be filing a police report with the fraud investigation unit locally as a result. My advice; stay away from promomodels.com . They are a scam artists. I should have clued in to the fact that there is no phone number nor any caontact name of any of the company's prinicpals on the website. That dolt Brett Michel's goofy face is spread all over the website... that should have been my second clue... Now my friend and I are out 660 bucks each and wasted all that time on their behalf.
they had better not come to michigan ever again or they will be shut down...fraudulent ###...

Comments

La
  30th of Oct, 2008

PROMOMODELS - No payment
PromoModels
San Diego
California

I worked for PromoModels on April 2008 I haven't received my check within 90 days as it says in the contract. I called, I e mailed and no replies. After had left several messages I got my check on October (after 6 months). Conclusion: There's no funds in the check + that my bank charged the fee for processing it.

I keep calling and I send e mails for PromoModels and I haven't heard from them.
Ol
  1st of Nov, 2008
Please go the FbI website and file a complaint. We need to stop tis people. They have not paid me yet(and I gues they will never pay me)But Im warning everybody I know.
Je
  7th of Nov, 2008
They owe me 500 dollars for a Skinny Water promo I did in Chicago
Mi
  18th of Nov, 2008
I'm owed $337.50. One check was sent and it bounced.
Me
  27th of Nov, 2008
I worked for promomodels at an event at Daytona Beach for Nos Energy Drink 7/3/08-7/5/08 I was supposed to make $32 an hour for three days =$768 I signed a contract saying I would get payed after 90 days. It has now been 5 months and they never answer their phone, e-mails or call me back. This has happened to many other girls all over the counrty, but promomodels are STILL in buisness still ripping workers off their money. Something needs to be done!
Up
  8th of Dec, 2008

PROMOMODELS - No Paycheck
Promo Models.com
3453 Ingraham St #190
San Diego
California
promomodels.com

I used to think they were the best. The checks would be cut the month after I worked. They were the highest paid . But, after I worked in May, June, and July I have yet to receive so much as a returned phone call. Let alone a check. I have over $700 due to me. I have my lawyer involved, however I would recommend that no one work for them. Even their Account Executives tend to not email you back. Apparently they have no morals or ethics. Bad company. Bad, Bad, Company.
Ad
  16th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also worked an 8 hour shift for this company & have tried 14 separate times to contact them about not getting paid.
There have been NO responses, just a generic email that says they will contact me soon.
I WOULD NOT recommend this company to anyone.
Ad
  16th of Jan, 2009
This phone # listed is not correct, I tried calling it & it sounded like a private residence.
Pr
  28th of Jan, 2009
If you have worked with promo models and have not been paid, please go to this link

We are trying to get as many people as possible who have been scammed to file a law suit

let everyone you know as well
Ej
  3rd of Feb, 2009
I have not been paid and no one from any department in any city will answer the phone or call me back. Nor do they respond to emails. Funny how they answered the phone and answered my emails when they were trying to book me last minute for the promo! Anyway, this agency is either a complete scam or they are going under and are unable to pay anyone. Either way, they have violated many employees' contracts and are at fault. The Better Business Bureau should be notified about this agency and they should be taken to small claims court. That is the best and legal route to get your money back. Start with the BBB and then get advice about small claims court in your area.
Ej
  3rd of Feb, 2009
Better Business Bureau website:

type in your zip code, find the link to "file complaint" and file a complaint against promomodels. If you have noticed they have a "C" rating at the BBB and are NOT accredited by the BBB (imagine that!)

Here is some info from the BBB for San Diego, CA area:

PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH BBB IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAID!!
Bo
  5th of Aug, 2009
Here is a link to the Channel 10 News Team investigation:

Here is a link to his other modeling website that we need to shut down:

Here is 2 emails of staff putting together a class action law suit that need your help:
rogers.jenni@gmail.com
natalikravtsova@hotmail.com

Here is a link to the just one of many [redacted]s:
/URL removed/

Here is a link to other reports on here:
Dp
  28th of Dec, 2009

PROMOMODELS - non payment
Promomodels.com
Colorado

I too have been a victim of Promo Models / PromoModels.com / The Agency dba PromoModels.com
I waited 60 days before contacting Kelly Miller about a job in the Denver Convention Center Oct 11, 12, 13 of 2009.
It is now the end of December and I cannot get an email, call, or fax returned. I have found one other person who has worked for PromoModels that has not been paid. He was told they went bankrupt when he called about his check never being sent. Has anyone ever been paid after working for this company?

debrapitch@hotmail.com
Na
  25th of Jan, 2010
It took them forever to do it, but they did finally end up paying me, after the first delinquent check they sent me bounced and caused my bank to charge me the fee - they paid for that as well. I did a promotional gig for them again in November of 2009, so it's anyone's guess as to when I'll get the $400 I'm due for that.

My advice: only do work for them if you don't need the money up front. I even told the client I was working for as well as a couple other potential clients that they make working for them really difficult, but it's nice when you get that random check you're due.

When all else fails, do what I did: talk to someone with legal advice in San Diego (where they're headquartered). I got passed around within the city, but ended up talking to someone with good information about filing claim against The Agency. When I discussed that option with Ms. Kelly Miller at the time, she snapped to it.

Hope this helps.